Twitter: Albert Breer on tanking

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I agree. Tanking is a fan and media thing. No player or coach is going to tank for the sake of getting a higher draft pick. I wouldn't put it past a meddlesome owner, who may suggest to his coach to start the third string quarterback since the team is out of the playoff chase. But I don't think a coach, owner or player comes right out and says, "We're tanking."

Having said thus, you have to feel bad for the NY Jets fans. They can't even get the premiere franchise quarterback when he's right there for the taking. :laugh:

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
It's about trading away vets for draft picks.
I have no issue with dealing players for picks, but since we are several weeks past the trade deadline I find it hard to believe that is what people mean when they say tanking in relation to the Bengals/49ers games

Little Jr

Reaction score
Messed up. As if winning 1 measly game would help any players or coaches at this point on the Jets team?

They could have landed the #1 rated QB, yet now they will lose out because the players and coaches decided to be selfish? lol

Fire them all if it ends up costing them the ability to draft who they wanted and needed.
Lol the coaches were going to be fired regardless if they won or lost