ALCS Game 5

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BlueBandit;3636968 said:
We've beaten Lee, this year as a matter of fact.

You also got slaughtered like pigs against Lee.

Go to a Lakers/Redwings/Yankees board.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BlueBandit;3637630 said:
And we also beat him

You've never beaten him in the playoffs. You've only been slaughtered like pigs. ;)

EDIT: Actually, you didn't beat Lee this year, you beat Feliz in that game. Texas was winning when he left the game.

juck

Reaction score
nyc;3637727 said:
You've never beaten him in the playoffs. You've only been slaughtered like pigs. ;)

EDIT: Actually, you didn't beat Lee this year, you beat Feliz in that game. Texas was winning when he left the game.
he is a frontrunner,pay no attention.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Nothing worse than watching another team celebrate on your field, so at least the Yanks avoided that indignity.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
bbgun;3637978 said:
Nothing worse than watching another team celebrate on your field, so at least the Yanks avoided that indignity.

I'm with you there, but this ain't over yet. I've seen the Rangers fold before. (damn near did it in the ALDS) They don't appear to be that team anymore, but until they prove otherwise...

StylisticS

Reaction score
BlueBandit;3636968 said:
We've beaten Lee, this year as a matter of fact.

So did the Rays back in August. How that work out for them in October?

BlueBandit

Benched
Reaction score
nyc;3637727 said:

When he was with Seattle - Swisher hit 2 bombs off him.

Stautner

Reaction score
BlueBandit;3636939 said:
I didn't quit...I just know BB, and I gave props and respect to the Rangers - a franchise I hope wins a WS if we don't.

Very hard to believe when Fat Molina hits a 3 run jack to break the game, especially after not scoring the inning before with 2 leadoff hits - just killer absolute killer.

I'm realist pal, now , however, you've given us an inch, maybe we take a foot.

Is it more improbable that Fat Molina would hit one out than Bucky Dent?

JBS

Reaction score
Nothing beats playoff baseball!!! Listen, this series is going 7 and the edge is with lee and the rangers if it gets to 7...however, most people are just assuming Lee is going to finish it if given the chance, the reality is, pettitte is the yanks best big game pitcher. It is going to be a doozy tomorrow night.

Stautner

Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;3639660 said:
Nothing beats playoff baseball!!! Listen, this series is going 7 and the edge is with lee and the rangers if it gets to 7...however, most people are just assuming Lee is going to finish it if given the chance, the reality is, pettitte is the yanks best big game pitcher. It is going to be a doozy tomorrow night.

Damn, I hope it doesn't go to 7 games. Game 7 should be a hell of a good one if it does, but the nervousness might kill me before game time. I've been waiting awhile for this.

JBS

Reaction score
Stautner;3639673 said:
Damn, I hope it doesn't go to 7 games. Game 7 should be a hell of a good one if it does, but the nervousness might kill me before game time. I've been waiting awhile for this.

It's going 7 games. Hughes is just flat out a better pitcher than Lewis. Many people are forgetting that the entire Yankees staff was over rested in their first starts of the series. I expect a much better showing tonight from Hughes.

Stautner

Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;3639716 said:
It's going 7 games. Hughes is just flat out a better pitcher than Lewis. Many people are forgetting that the entire Yankees staff was over rested in their first starts of the series. I expect a much better showing tonight from Hughes.

Certainty like this never makes sense in baseball, and espeically when one team isn't head and shoulders over the other. This isn't a game where the better teams win 85% of the time, they win 60% of the time, and in any game one timely hit or key error can change the entire outlook of the game. I can see why you think odds are with the Yankees - I had thought about the overrested angle myself - but there is in no way any certainty that the Rangers wont come out and string together hits or get some key power hits at key moments.

As for Hughes being a better pitcher than Lewis, Lews had the better ERA, Lewis lasted longer in each start, Lewis had a lower WHIP, Lewis gave up fewer HR's despite pitching more innings .......... really the only category Hughes comes out better is W/L, and because he gives up more runs then the only reason he is better in that category is he got better run support.

All that said, I'm not saying the Rangers will win. I expect it to be a battle. But there certainly is no reason in the world they shouldn't have a very goo chance to win. The only factor against them is being on the road, and so far that hasn't been a problem for th Rangers this postseason.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;3639716 said:

Any team can win in any given game, but what you are forgetting is Texas is playing better baseball than the Yankees right now. Except for CJ having control issues in the last game and then the 8th inning in game one, Texas has completely dominated this series.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Stautner;3639756 said:
Certainty like this never makes sense in baseball, and espeically when one team isn't head and shoulders over the other. This isn't a game where the better teams win 85% of the time, they win 60% of the time, and in any game one timely hit or key error can change the entire outlook of the game. I can see why you think odds are with the Yankees - I had thought about the overrested angle myself - but there is in no way any certainty that the Rangers wont come out and string together hits or get some key power hits at key moments.

As for Hughes being a better pitcher than Lewis, Lews had the better ERA, Lewis lasted longer in each start, Lewis had a lower WHIP, Lewis gave up fewer HR's despite pitching more innings .......... really the only category Hughes comes out better is W/L, and because he gives up more runs then the only reason he is better in that category is he got better run support.

All that said, I'm not saying the Rangers will win. I expect it to be a battle. But there certainly is no reason in the world they shouldn't have a very goo chance to win. The only factor against them is being on the road, and so far that hasn't been a problem for th Rangers this postseason.

Not to mention Colby Lewis averages over 1 strikeout more per 9 innings compared to Hughes (8.77 vs 7.48)

Huges gave up 1.27HRs per 9 compared to Lewis' 1.06.

JBS

Reaction score
No arguments here fellas. Anything can happen, no doubt about it. My opinion is that the edge is with new York tonight. No time to argue though, first pitch is coming soon.

Stautner

Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;3639854 said:
No arguments here fellas. Anything can happen, no doubt about it. My opinion is that the edge is with new York tonight. No time to argue though, first pitch is coming soon.

I might give a slight edge to NY, but certainly not by much. In my mind this game is pretty much a toss up.