Twitter: Aldon Smith Contract Numbers

CWR

Reaction score
Ok so who else with their talent level

There's been a few. Not all absolute studs but really good signings, at least at the time. Not all worked out.

Randal Cobb is another. Greg Hardy was once a promising signing. How about Andy Dalton as well?

You get the point. Im not saying they were or are all home runs, just that we have been good at targeting these types the last few years, and I imagine we continue to do so.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

So am I adding this up right?

He gets at the end of TC about $400,000..

if no sacks another $600,000 for a 16 game season..

so about $1,000,000 base pay.

Needs nothing less than 8 sacks to start his incentives payout?

Heck. Last year Quinn got $6 million and what? 10.5 sacks? Did he get any more incentives for the sacks?

This deal will never be repeated.

Sensational for us but we will never afford him on a second deal if he plays well.

gambit187

Reaction score
There's been a few. Not all absolute studs but really good signings, at least at the time. Not all worked out.

Randal Cobb is another. Greg Hardy was once a promising signing. How about Andy Dalton as well?

You get the point. Im not saying they were or are all home runs, just that we have been good at targeting these types the last few years, and I imagine we continue to do so.
No i don't really get the point, and those dudes aren't fill in starters with Pro-Bowl potential.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
So he could make up to a maximum of $6M correct? But what is his CAP hit for the season?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
It might be a good idea to extend him now but with Alligator Arms Stephen it won’t happen.

CWR

Reaction score
No i don't really get the point, and those dudes aren't fill in starters with Pro-Bowl potential.

Let me clarify, we sign considerable vets to prove it deals on an annual basis. Im not arguing this wasnt a great signing and I wish we'd have got him for 2 years, but history shows there will be another established player behind him the following off season. Although Im curious to see if we resign any of these guys. I expect they prove it and find a more lucrative deal, like Quin did.