Alec Baldwin

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I despite Baldwin. He is a loud mouthed loser. That said I don’t see him as a murder. I also think the average dummy would cover you when handed the gun. Finger on or near the trigger. I think a small portion of those dummies would actually pull the trigger. You have to be a real bottom feeder like Baldwin to do that.
He might have spent the 2 weeks before the incident, looking in the mirror, pointing a safe gun at himself, saying his lines, and pulling the trigger. He then went out and was trying to show of his character he had been practicing, and boom. Muscle or acting memory

Last edited:

gtb1943

Reaction score
He might have spent the 2 weeks before the incident, looking in the mirror and pointing a safe gun at himself, saying his lines, and pulling the trigger. He then went out and was trying to show of his character he had been practicing, and boom. Muscle or acting memory
Once again making excuses because he is an actor

NOTHING excuses not checking the gun HIMSELF (As I pointed out, he DID attend firearm safety classes given on prior movies so one of the MAIN THINGS THEY TEACH IS ALWAYS CHECK THE WEAPON YOURSELF) Bottom line is that he was holding the gun and he had to at least cock the hammer; and those saying no criminal liability are absolute fools.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
He might have spent the 2 weeks before the incident, looking in the mirror and pointing a safe gun at himself, saying his lines, and pulling the trigger. He then went out and was trying to show of his character he had been practicing, and boom. Muscle or acting memory
As someone who understands how to properly handle a weapon I can‘t wrap my head around the level of stupidity it takes to point a weapon at someone and then pull the trigger. If you have any brain cells you just don’t do it. I know a lot of people are too casual with a weapon when they aren’t used to handling them. If I get covered for a second I say something. First time nicely. Next time not so nicely. I shoot clays with my wife every now and again. She didn’t grow up around guns and is just a nice person. She inevitably sweeps me and I get after her for it. She feels bad and I tell her to cut the crap and never do that again. It’s really the only time she allows me to snap at her.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
You are one of my favorites here so I will be kind and excuse the suggestion that I don’t understand the law. Seems like you are suggesting I am somewhat simpleminded. I am brilliant actually. You don’t have to be brilliant to understand the difference between criminal and civil liability. Baldwin, who you seem to be a real fan of, likely has no criminal liability here. Someone does though because somehow a live round got in that gun. This is a slam dunk civil case though. Someone died here. This is a clear civil wrongful death lawsuit. So the family will get as much monetary compensation as possible here. Eventually. Back to Baldwin. Even though you are a big fan of his (scary since he is well known to be a dirtbag of the highest order) you have to admit that pointing a weapon at someone is beyond moronic. Criminally negligent no doubt. Pulling the trigger makes it more so. The cherry on the lawsuit is that the victim wasn’t an actor. She wasn’t in a gun fight scene. Yet Baldwin, an idiot of the highest order, pointed the weapon at her and PULLED THE TRIGGER. An astounding act of negligence even for a demented oaf like Baldwin. So yes Baldwin probably has no criminal risk here. Someone does though. Everyone involved with the production of that film will be held accountable civilly. That I am sure of. Most likely an out of court settlement. Baldwin can go back to threatening people on NY city streets.

Why would you assume I’m a fan of Baldwin? Because I wasn’t frothing at the mouth, relishing and hoping he was guilty of this? The truth is I wouldn’t bat an eye if Baldwin was actually found guilty and went to jail over this. What I do find funny is that you and others are motive mongering about me supposedly being his biggest fan and then out the other side of your mouth going on about “Hollywood, elitists…” given your worldviews.

That’s ultimately what I’m calling out. Some of y’all were, again, reveling in his supposed guilt because you despise him and his beliefs and it turns out the prosecution dropped the case.

Last edited:

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Why would you assume I’m a fan of Baldwin? Because I wasn’t frothing at the mouth, relishing and hoping he was guilty of this? The truth is I wouldn’t bat an eye if Baldwin was actually found guilty and went to jail over this. What I do find funny is that you and others are motive mongering about me supposedly being his biggest fan and then out the other side of your mouth going on about “Hollywood, elitists…” given your worldviews.

That’s ultimately what I’m calling out. Some of y’all were, again, reveling in his supposed guilt because you despise him and his beliefs and it turns out the prosecution dropped the case.
You might not be able to read well. I said I didn’t believe he was guilty of a crime. I do think he will be sued. If anyone is frothing at the mouth it’s you and it may have impacted your reading comprehension.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
What did they get wrong?

Be specific.

Folks make the mistake thinking TMZ is the National Enquirer.
Did I comment on TMZ‘s Baldwin reporting or in general? Again you seem to be struggling with reading comprehension here. This has got you really twisted. Relax.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Did I comment on TMZ‘s Baldwin reporting or in general? Again you seem to be struggling with reading comprehension here. This has got you really twisted. Relax.
Ah, I see now you’re playing coy.

So I’m rhetorical snark you ask “TMZ as a reliable news source???” but when pressed on it you demure, luuulz.

dsturgeon

Reaction score

NOTHING excuses not checking the gun HIMSELF (As I pointed out, he DID attend firearm safety classes given on prior movies so one of the MAIN THINGS THEY TEACH IS ALWAYS CHECK THE WEAPON YOURSELF) Bottom line is that he was holding the gun and he had to at least cock the hammer; and those saying no criminal liability are absolute fools.
Why do you think he pointed the gun and pulled the trigger? What was his intent?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Ah, I see now you’re playing coy.

So I’m rhetorical snark you ask “TMZ as a reliable news source???” but when pressed on it you demure, luuulz.
TMZ is a clown show. How many times have they falsely claimed people have died? To do that once is disqualifying. Since you seem to be struggling with reading comprehension today I will say it again…their reporting on Baldwin’s case may be right. I didn’t see it so I can’t guarantee it. I will take your word on that. As a general matter they are not a serious news organization. Very few are these days. I am done with you on this one. I have no idea why your panties are all out of whack on this.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Why do you think he pointed the gun and pulled the trigger? What was his intent?
well you look at his history and he is a grade A POS in a lot of ways. Maybe he did not like her and wanted to intimidate her or show her he thinks she is crap.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
well you look at his history and he is a grade A POS in a lot of ways. Maybe he did not like her and wanted to intimidate her or show her he thinks she is crap.
You talk really big for that being your belief of his intent or knowledge of what actually happened.

gtb1943

Reaction score
You talk really big for that being your belief of his intent or knowledge of what actually happened.
You talk like someone who has not taken a good hard look at the piece of garbage called Alec Baldwin
Do yourself a favor and do so
I think after you do you will disappear from this thread

dsturgeon

Reaction score
You talk like someone who has not taken a good hard look at the piece of garbage called Alec Baldwin
I haven't, and I have seen very little of his movies. My point still stands

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
TMZ is a clown show. How many times have they falsely claimed people have died? To do that once is disqualifying. Since you seem to be struggling with reading comprehension today I will say it again…their reporting on Baldwin’s case may be right. I didn’t see it so I can’t guarantee it. I will take your word on that. As a general matter they are not a serious news organization. Very few are these days. I am done with you on this one. I have no idea why your panties are all out of whack on this.
You categorically misunderstand what TMZ is then if you’re treating them like traditional news sources. They report news in real time and is the stuff they are able to report is due to sources. They by far provide more breaking news stories than traditional outlasts. You may not find value in that but others do. And what false reporting on dead people? Are you talking about reports of Jerry Lewis dying before he actually did…like 24 hours later, lol?

Let me know when they report someone died and that person is still in prime health.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
“He must be guilty because I don’t like him…”

Brilliant.

Creeper

Reaction score

I don't see how he is criminally liable. What laws did he break? Civil liability is a different story. But this was an accident. You could argue maybe reckless endangerment but it depends on the circumstances. Since it was a movie set, and he was supposed to be firing the weapon it would be hard to show how he was reckless unless witnesses claim he was waving it around without concern for safety of others. But no one is suggesting that. As I understand it, there would be an expectation on the part of the actor that the gun was loaded with blanks before it was handed to him. They have supposed experts on set to handle, load and check the weapons.

Maybe they could charge him with lying to investigators since he claimed he did not pull the trigger but I don't see charges for the shooting itself. I can't stand the guy but the law must be fair no matter how much we might hate someone.