Alejandro Villanueva has highest-selling gear in past 24 hours

drawandstrike

Reaction score

drawandstrike

Reaction score
lol, I ran across that a bit earlier. funny that he didn't even mean to, yet all these people bought his jersey

Again: he did not apologize for coming out to stand for the anthem. Maybe actually read the article and realize you are falling for a BS headline.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
What a BS headline. NOWHERE does he say he apologizes for standing for the anthem. He apologized to his teammates for making them look bad.

When he stands for the anthem again next week, watch all the idiots go "Hey didn't he apologize for doing that last week?"

He made a statement regretting his actions. Same difference. It's not what everyone was thinking it was, that's for sure.

But actually, that makes me think even more of him. He can recognize a real issue, understand true patriotism and have a desire to be a team player

drawandstrike

Reaction score
He made a statement regretting his actions. Same difference. It's not what everyone was thinking it was, that's for sure.

But actually, that makes me think even more of him. He can recognize a real issue, understand true patriotism and have a desire to be a team player

I *hate* clickbait media. And they are spinning this as if he's apologizing for coming out to stand for the anthem. Once your read the story, you discover it's more "I'm sorry this conflict couldn't be avoided and I made my teammates look bad. Sorry guys."

And then he'll come out for the anthem again next week. Everybody that bought the clickbait headlines is going to be confused.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Again: he did not apologize for coming out to stand for the anthem. Maybe actually read the article and realize you are falling for a BS headline.

Well, for starters, I didn't mention anything about the apology, second, I actually read this article that didn't mention Villanueva in the headline

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-regrets-how-pittsburgh-steelers-showed-unity

So when I said he didn't mean to do it, I was referring to him, not meaning to be the only one on the field.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
The best part of this is that people are going to use this to show off that, your know, they aren't racist because they are wearing a Mexican dude's jersey.

(Spoiler alert: Mexico is not in Europe)

stiletto

Reaction score
Just like in real life, the cowards get behind the soldier as he stands fast.... almost makes me want to buy a Steelers jersey with his name on it...almost...

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
I *hate* clickbait media. And they are spinning this as if he's apologizing for coming out to stand for the anthem. Once your read the story, you discover it's more "I'm sorry this conflict couldn't be avoided and I made my teammates look bad. Sorry guys."

And then he'll come out for the anthem again next week. Everybody that bought the clickbait headlines is going to be confused.

That's why it always pays to read. I read the entire story before sharing the link

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Bending the knee by standing erect? It takes rare courage to stand tall with authority against voices raised in opposition to the ill-treatment of historically marginalized people.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
where did you get these numbers from? and if 3% of all police homicides are black, what exactly constitutes the 12% in other and the remaining 85%? These numbers are completely different that everything I just looked up, but by all means, where did you get them from.

Of all black homicides, 3% are by police.

Of all non-black homicides, 12% are by police.

The 3 and 12 don't add together in the same category.

To further break it down for black homicides:
93% by blacks
3% by police
4% by non-blacks

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Of all black homicides, 3% are by police.

Of all non-black homicides, 12% are by police.

The 3 and 12 don't add together in the same category.

To further break it down for black homicides:
93% by blacks
3% by police
4% by non-blacks

I am beginning to get a picture of where those stats came from. I understand why you would not want to share them if that is the case either.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In 2016, 963 were fatally shot. 466 (49.39%) were white, while 233 (24.20%) were black. In 2017 so far, US police have fatally shot 730 people. 326 (44.66%) were white, while 164 (22.47%) were black. (Source: Washington Post)

In 2016, the US population included 61.3% white people, and 13.3% black people. In 2017, those numbers are estimated, so far, as 73.6% and12.6%, respectively. (Source: Wikipedia)

What this shows is that a disproportionate of black people are killed by police, in respect to the population. That is what Colin K took a knee for.

That is a clear case of not understanding the numbers.

The cops actually killed less blacks on a per encounter basis than non-blacks.

The police had more encounters with blacks than with non-blacks which is expected because blacks commit over 50% of murders and way over 50% of robberies and violent crimes.

Also when cops are dealing with a black person, that person is 669% more likely to be a cop killer than a non-black person.

Cops do make mistakes, but there were actually more unjustified killings of non-blacks than blacks.

There were more unarmed blacks killed than non-blacks but blacks confronted cops violently at a much higher rate than non-blacks.

The rate which blacks confront police violently is expected to increase due to these protests. In other words, the protests will cause more blacks to be killed by police.

Police have backed off of enforcement in black areas since the beginning of the protests which correlates with a 17% increase in the black-black murder rate.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The best part of this is that people are going to use this to show off that, your know, they aren't racist because they are wearing a Mexican dude's jersey.

(Spoiler alert: Mexico is not in Europe)

When ya got nothing...cry racist.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am beginning to get a picture of where those stats came from. I understand why you would not want to share them if that is the case either.
I didn't say I wouldn't share them; although they're easy to find.

Total black homicides have been in the 8000 to 10,000 range for several years.

Blacks killed by police have been around 300 +/- .

Do the math.

This indicates 4% and 12%. It obviously depends on the exact timeframe: http://www.dailywire.com/news/7264/5-statistics-you-need-know-about-cops-killing-aaron-bandler

The over 50% of murders by 13% of the population is very easy to find. Can you explain or justify that number? I should be protesting based on these stats.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I didn't say I wouldn't share them; although they're easy to find.

Total black homicides have been in the 8000 to 10,000 range for several years.

Blacks killed by police have been around 300 +/- .

Do the math.

This indicates 4% and 12%. It obviously depends on the exact timeframe: http://www.dailywire.com/news/7264/5-statistics-you-need-know-about-cops-killing-aaron-bandler

The over 50% of murders by 13% of the population is very easy to find. Can you explain or justify that number? I should be protesting based on these stats.

Again you have brought this up several times. I can once again find the studies that normalize for socioeconomic factors and the disparity goes away. We've done this several times and you still repeat your same assertion. I looked at that link and did not see the 300 shootings figure. You have shown no statistics at all.

Oh and

As usual you are not reliable on data on this subject.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
What a BS headline. NOWHERE does he say he apologizes for standing for the anthem. He apologized to his teammates for making them look bad.

When he stands for the anthem again next week, watch all the idiots go "Hey didn't he apologize for doing that last week?"

I'm watching his pressed now and his explanation was perfect.

Dude is an abilisk of what an American should strive to be.

He's not belittling the hardship of others. He's just doing what he believes in.

And that's beautiful.

Sorry. I've had a few during the game.