Alex Smith taking starter reps

fivetwos

Reaction score
Big factor in Wash/Phil is if Cox can play, and I dont see why he would.

I do expect some zebra help to get Dallas in as opposed to the others though.

Any of the three would likely get stomped in round one but I think Brady going to Dallas is a better story line for the league than NY or Wash.

I hate to think things actually work that way but they often seem to.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Any of the three would likely get stomped in round one but I think Brady going to Dallas is a better story line for the league than NY or Wash.

Cox is the key

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No way the Football team loses to the Eagles if Smith is under center. And if you think Hurts looked like a rookie last week against our defense just wait until he goes against that defensive front.

Washington Football Team will advance to play next week.
Hurts did well against the best defense in the league in the Saints.........

Carson

Reaction score
Smith lost his first 3 starts and then won his last 4.

Bengals
Cowboys
Steelers
49ers

I’m not bashing Smith. He’s a damn good player. But this isn’t the difference of getting Prime Brady / Manning. He possibly could not have McLaurin. So they will play solid D, run the ball, throw short passes and hope to win the turnover battle.

RoboQB

Reaction score

Just to play Devil's Advocate, the NFL also likes feel-good stories.
Alex Smith returning from horrible injury comes back and wins division.

For the record, I prefer your story choice.

starfan1

Reaction score
Smith, IMO, is a lot better QB then many on this board give him credit for. I don't know what we'll see out of him, assuming he plays, but it would worry me.
Ya people seem to forget KC wasn’t exactly horrible with Smith he’s a good QB who just can’t seem to stay healthy.
That to me is his biggest issue

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
If big #91 is playing, don’t think it matters if Alex starts.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Bengals
Cowboys
Steelers
49ers

I’m not bashing Smith. He’s a damn good player. But this isn’t the difference of getting Prime Brady / Manning. He possibly could not have McLaurin. So they will play solid D, run the ball, throw short passes and hope to win the turnover battle.
Yeah you know I use to consider Alex Smith underrated but he's all of a sudden become overrated with this fanbase. He has played good football for someone in his first year back from the injury he came back from.....but he's not winning these games. He's managing them. Some of them he's even playing poor in. He is not good enough for me to sit here and say the Commanders will automatically beat the Eagles.......

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Ya people seem to forget KC wasn’t exactly horrible with Smith he’s a good QB who just can’t seem to stay healthy.
That to me is his biggest issue

Oh he was good for Reid, just not good enough. Word is, ( reading a few nuggets ), he can get you to playoff/postseason but that's his ceiling.......folds during the postseason. It's the biggest issue Andy Reid had with him.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
People really this worried about Alex frickin Smith??? 2020 really is wild.
He's the best QB Washington has which gives them a better shot at winning than if he doesn't play. He doesn't need to be great if that Washington defense shows up.