Video: Alfred Morris 2014 Highlights Video

CCBoy

Reaction score
I'm not having apprehensions with Murray and not being a great receiver. He is a pounder and if effective in that role behind the current line, the passing game will still be flexible as a whole.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Most people here know I was on the Zeke train, but this was a solid logically signing. He does best in a ZBS and he may stay have some left in him, especially not carrying the entire load as he did in Washington. Him and McFadden should be a good pair.

At this point, I'd still like to get a running back in rounds 3 or 4 like an Alex Collins just in case there are injuries to these guys. You really can't count on Dunbar to be 100 percent and there is still a pretty decent chance McFadden gets hurt.

egn22

Reaction score
Most people here know I was on the Zeke train, but this was a solid logically signing. He does best in a ZBS and he may stay have some left in him, especially not carrying the entire load as he did in Washington. Him and McFadden should be a good pair.

At this point, I'd still like to get a running back in rounds 3 or 4 like an Alex Collins just in case there are injuries to these guys. You really can't count on Dunbar to be 100 percent and there is still a pretty decent chance McFadden gets hurt.

Agree 100%

nathanlt

Reaction score
He looks like he has good success with one foot cut in the backfield and go. I think it will work well with the Dallas O-line. I don't know about this though, I've never rooted for a Commander running back before.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Who is the last player Dallas aquired, coming from a division rival that had something resembling success?

Maxmadden

Reaction score
Who is the last player Dallas aquired, coming from a division rival that had something resembling success?

So you are arguing that it hasn't happened in a while or that we are getting closer to that success?

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Couple of takeaways from the video, several are known but one stood out a little.

First, he has a little more speed than I gave him credit for. Never will be considered a burner but he is fast enough. A lot of consistent 8-10 yd runs in there.

Second, very patient on the stretch, he will wait all the way to the sideline for the crease and then bust back through it. You don't see that all the time.

Third, he rarely makes anyone miss, but he got a lot of dirty yards after first impact.

The surprising thing is that the couple of passes to him, he did not seem to fight the ball at all, looked pretty decent in catching. The last one was a low ball at his feet and he plucked it up without any problem.

Here is the big thing.....we went to more of a power attack last year as McFadden became the lead back, fewer stretch plays and ZBS. Will be interesting to see if they try to make McFadden run more in the zone or if they switch blocking for the two backs. Of the goal is to get more zone blocking, McFadden could be the odd man out. I personally am not counting on Dunbar for anything....he has never been able to stay healthy and it will be surprising if he is even ready for the season but I could see McFadden in the third down role and yes, I see the likelihood of drafting another back.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
So you are arguing that it hasn't happened in a while or that we are getting closer to that success?

People on the internet are always looking to butt heads for no reason.

That was just a question, horsebox.

manster4ever

Reaction score
Solid signing. I like it. I was firmly not on board with Zeke at 4....so that's a good thing. Now if they don't take Bosa, I'll be happy. Would even prefer a QB at 4 at this point. (yeah, I know it probably won't happen)

My preference is Ramsey, QB or trade down and take best defensive player available

Maxmadden

Reaction score
People on the internet are always looking to butt heads for no reason.

That was just a question, horsebox.

Never looking to butt heads but there is never one reality.

just one's own.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
So much for the people in here saying he can't block or catch. :lmao:

Well, two shots in a highlight reel of him passblocking and a few passes doesn't prove much, but I will say I was surprised on the pass catching...didn't look like manos de peidra out there.