Signed by Cowboys Alfred Morris is Back

aikemirv

Reaction score
Alfred Morris is Dak's worst nightmare. No threat and no focus from the defense!

quickccc

Reaction score
I'm sure Morris' contract isn't so large that he can't be the guy that gets cut if Weber looks good enough. Plus, there is the chance Weber could end up on the practice squad.

and if I'm the same team that supposedly had a 4th round grade on Weber, but managed to slide to the 7th, (which draftable backs tend to do) but we still manage to select,..AND he really does happen to impress this summer, and we know we need to be three deep in RB depth, I'm going to make a firm argument for him to be on the 53 roster.

But if Weber is Bo Scarborough like average this summer, then he becomes more likely a target for practice squad ..or not likely to return in any capacity.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Its hypothetical proposal, "should "a Weber impressed, where does that decision place a guy that can be long term than a guy who is obviously very short term.

Easy, if Zeke signs or comes back to training camp and Mike Weber impresses everyone in preseason and shows he can be a viable back up then you just cut Alfred Morris prior to the first game. Veteran salaries are not guaranteed unless they are on the roster for the first game of the regular season. At this point there is not any risk of losing another player to cut by signing Morris.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
Sounds like a vet looking to advertise his conditioning to the league during the preseason.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Alfred better be able to gain 5 plus yards a carry, if not the defense will crowd the line and dak will go back into glitch modem, panic mode, whatever you want to call it. Then the excuse of not having the best running back in the league excuses will start. "Well Alfred is gaining 8 yards a carry, so Dak can throw his 5-yard bombs. blah blah blah."

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Never thought I would see this day. Hopefully someone is a surprise cut from some team in a month.
Bro, exactly what is not to the liking of a fan,in this addition to the attack formation?
You'll fondly recall what the ***** packers would do to us late in the game with that human cannonball Eddie Lacy?, the #46 is an awesome re-acquisition,of which clearly illustrates the F.O. obviously has it's eyes on the horizon & not on the wake of it's fantail

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I have no issue with this signing. Proven guy that we know can play and provides a veteran presence. Nothing in the contract guarantees he makes the team, but provides some insurance and stability right now.

If Zeke extended his holdout would anyone here be comfortable rolling with Weber and Jackson as the starters with Pollard on 3rd down? Forget Jay Ajayi as an alternative he can't stay healthy.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alfred Morris is Dak's worst nightmare. No threat and no focus from the defense!
He's a solid #2 RB, although not much as a receiver. In any case, I don't think Morris is being viewed as a replacement for Zeke. I think the Cowboys fully expect to get things worked out with Zeke and are bolstering the unit in his absence while possibly having a solid runner able to step in to spell Zeke once the season starts. It wouldn't make sense for the team to give away draft picks to get a starting level RB if they expect to have Zeke back.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Morris brought more men in the box than Zeke did in 2017.

But claim whatever false info you want bud!

You cant be serious? Can you! I mean the premise that Alfred Morris caused a DC to bring more in the box because of HIM is ludicrous at best!

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
You cant be serious? Can you! I mean the premise that Alfred Morris caused a DC to bring more in the box because of HIM is ludicrous at best!

Why would I not be serious about a readily available stat that anyone can verify at any time?

What's ludicrous is making false claims without any sort of knowledge on the subject, which you obviously don't.

Again it's proof that stacked boxes have nothing to do with RB talent, but the scheme and formations that the offense runs. Gurley is one of the best RBs in the league, yet saw the least men in the box in the entire league.

It's crazy, since you've been told this over and over and over and over and over and over and over, yet it somehow just doesn't stick with you. Might want to get that checked.

How many times have you been corrected on this exact topic? 30?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I don't understand why so many fans are upset about this move.

The Cowboys don't expect Morris to replace Zeke (if it comes to that). He understands there's a strong chance he doesn't even make it out of training camp. Dallas just wanted an experienced presence in the running backs room while Elliott is out. Morris knows the system, he knows the coaches, and he can teach Pollard and Weber a lot. And the Cowboys had to act quickly because the Saints wanted Morris in for a workout.

For months we had Allen Hurns on the roster for $5 million and few complained. Morris is here for $1.2 million and some of us are losing our minds.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Yes. RB isn't important. Committee is fine.

Yet, our board had Zeke so very highly ranked.

Again, if RB isn't valued, we'd never have had an RB ranked that highly.
You have missed the entire point. You were arguing that the 15 season was bad because of the run game and you're wrong. Period. That season was so bad because of QB play, had nothing to do with the run game and for you to continue to try and argue that point is foolish, silly and down right stupidity.

I'm not going to continue to go in circles with someone who lacks knowledge or refuses to admit they are wrong. So good day to you

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
You have missed the entire point. You were arguing that the 15 season was bad because of the run game and you're wrong. Period. That season was so bad because of QB play, had nothing to do with the run game and for you to continue to try and argue that point is foolish, silly and down right stupidity.

I'm not going to continue to go in circles with someone who lacks knowledge or refuses to admit they are wrong. So good day to you

Hey Irving, say Zeke holds out or misses games this season and our offense proves to be just as good without him, again

What will their excuses be this time?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Morris brought more men in the box than Zeke did in 2017.

But claim whatever false info you want bud!
That's what these Dak haters don't get. Morris is a better between the tackles runner. He isn't catching passes or going to be looking to run outside. So the defense stacks the box, the problem with that now is the receivers we have on this team will make them pay.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Hey Irving, say Zeke holds out or misses games this season and our offense proves to be just as good without him, again

What will their excuses be this time?
That Moore should be head coach or Kitna should be head coach. The receivers were really good, old man Witten was such a security blanket...... Anything but Dak haha

Don't know if you watch YouTube but this guy, Voch Lombardi, broke down Daks deep passing. The research was shocking so he looked for others as well. Here are the results of completion percentage of deep passing

Russell Wilson 51 percent
Jared Goff 49 percent
Patty Mahomes 46 percent
Dak Prescott 45 percent
Tom Brady 45 percent
Aaron Rodgers 43 percent
Carson Wentz 40 percent

This was only last season and just deep passing.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I don't understand why so many fans are upset about this move.

The Cowboys don't expect Morris to replace Zeke (if it comes to that). He understands there's a strong chance he doesn't even make it out of training camp. Dallas just wanted an experienced presence in the running backs room while Elliott is out. Morris knows the system, he knows the coaches, and he can teach Pollard and Weber a lot. And the Cowboys had to act quickly because the Saints wanted Morris in for a workout.

For months we had Allen Hurns on the roster for $5 million and few complained. Morris is here for $1.2 million and some of us are losing our minds.

:clap: