Signed by Cowboys Alfred Morris is Back

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We'll see what the specifics are

Yes, they will give us the truest indicator of his chance to stick around.

The competing offers tell a lot though. He obviously saw opportunity to stick.

Certainly with the current Elliott holdout. Any running back looking for work should. As well as the fact that playing here allows you to run behind arguably the best line in the league, on a team that runs the ball a whole lot.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Doesnt sound like camp body money

Coupling with Morris having offers from other teams

He's going to make this team

I think they know that Zeke will be there for the first game. Whether that is because he signs a new contract or he decides to come back so he does not miss game checks is still up for debate. Meanwhile, they know Darius Jackson and Jordan Chunn are basically camp bodies and Mike Weber is most likely practice squad material at this point. That leaves us with Elliott as the starter, Morris as the back up, and Tony Pollard as our situational back. Then you have Olawale as the FB.

quickccc

Reaction score
Morris and Cooper, Dak are wonderful for the Lockerroom. Collectively..i can deal with it. I'm still a bit bumfuzzled

This Morris signing was all about the Zeke holdout.
If there was no holdout, alf would be signing with the saints.
But I don't want to be cutting an impressive Mike Weber for sake of keeping an average aging vet back, ..or another tight choice in another unit, come final 53 cut time.

jujoboys

Reaction score
This Morris signing was all about the Zeke holdout.
If there was no holdout, alf would be signing with the saints.
But I don't want to be cutting an impressive Mike Weber for sake of keeping an average aging vet back, ..or another tight choice in another unit, come final 53 cut time.

Where have you heard that Mike Weber has been impressive? Other than news on injuries I have not heard one thing about him in mini camp or training camp.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where have you heard that Mike Weber has been impressive? Other than news on injuries I have not heard one thing about him in mini camp or training camp.

I wondered that too, although it wouldn't surprise me if some writer has called him impressive in OTA's or the first day or so of training camp. While those kind of early comments are nice to hear, they really don't mean much because you can't really get a good feel until the the pads are on and there is full contact.

quickccc

Reaction score

Its hypothetical proposal, "should "a Weber impressed, where does that decision place a guy that can be long term than a guy who is obviously very short term.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its hypothetical proposal, "should "a Weber impressed, where does that decision place a guy that can be long term than a guy who is obviously very short term.

I'm sure Morris' contract isn't so large that he can't be the guy that gets cut if Weber looks good enough. Plus, there is the chance Weber could end up on the practice squad.