All of a sudden, I have a bad feeling because I was listening to Maddog radio

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Doggy is great...

Even if his non biased opinion triggers you.
My issue is his “non biased opinion” doesn’t make any sense…

“cowboys lose focus because the division is lost”

Huh? The cowboys lose focus being 2 games back but Washington should bounce back at 4-7? How does that make sense?

“Cowboys are banged up”

They have about as clean of an injury report as you’ll see this time of year.

“Washington plays well on Thanksgiving”
They’re 2-2 over the last decade so I guess that’s true….sort of?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The Cowboys were winning 13-0 in 2005 with 4 minutes left in the game when Maek Brunell completes a 39 yard pass to Moss.

The Cowboys have the ball and they get a few 1st downs, looks like the Cowboys are going to win. On 3rd and 8 Bledsoe completes a 17 yard pass and that the game....except Flozell Adams held. So on 3rd and 18 Bledsoe completes a pass to Witten for 13. They punt.

The Skins now have the ball on their 30 yard line with a little over two minutes left. Then the only thing that can't be allowed to happen?...happens!

Santana Moss beats his coverage and Brunell throws a bomb to Moss.....70 yards, TD.

The Cowboys get the ball back with plenty of time. Tyson Thompson had a great kickoff return so they start on the Skins 48 yard line....and go 4 and out.

Those are the games that are slowly killing me.
Yep....that's the game talking about. Classic example records mean nothing in these divisional games.
BTW....excellent memory

Techsass

Reaction score
I haven't seen a single Washington game yet all season, so I don't have a clue what they are really about. Actually I'm kind of enjoying the thrill of a little suspense, but I seriously doubt it will be a close game.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Yep....that's the game talking about. Classic example records mean nothing in these divisional games.
BTW....excellent memory
That was 2005.

The Dallas/Washington game you’re talking about was the second game of that season with both team’s records at 1-0… so yeah, the record meant nothing.

Dallas was expected to be better than Washington that season, so you could say expectations mean nothing in this rivalry, which was your point, I think.

Santana Moss caught 2 deep balls for TD’s, if I remember correctly, and spoiled the night (MNF) for Dallas because they were inducting someone into the ring of honor (I can’t remember who).

You’re 100% right though, records and expectations mean nothing in divisional games. In 1989 Dallas won 1 game and lost 15… the one win? Against a deep and talented playoff bound Washington team.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Maddog radio, XM and he said the Commanders will be spunky in this game. They’ll bounce back, especially with Sam Howell on national TV.
The Commanders play well on Thanksgiving, etc. the Cowboys are beatable on Thanksgiving lately for whatever reason.
Cowboys, a little bit banged up as well.
Maybe the Cowboys also lose a little focused they realize the division is lost.
Said it’s gonna be a real close game.
This is your shtick.

Techsass

Reaction score
You’re 100% right though, records and expectations mean nothing in divisional games. In 1989 Dallas won 1 game and lost 15… the one win? Against a deep and talented playoff bound Washington team.
People use Dallas being our opponent's Superbowl as a put down a lot. That game helps me relate to the feeling. Washington was good once & the rivalry was real.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He must have been forced to listen at work or somewhere because no one endures that voice voluntarily.
I watched part of a First Take episode with SAS and Mad Dog.
First time I recall seeing SAS being so quiet while being outbarked by Mad Dog.
Two peas in a pod.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maddog radio, XM and he said the Commanders will be spunky in this game. They’ll bounce back, especially with Sam Howell on national TV.
The Commanders play well on Thanksgiving, etc. the Cowboys are beatable on Thanksgiving lately for whatever reason.
Take some Rolaids

DFWJC

Reaction score
That Washinton pass defense is truly awful.
They'll be pumped and anything can happen.
Howell is better than some think, as long as Wash. can establish the run.
But Dallas would have to come out really flat--on Thanksgiving national TV no less--for Wash to have a shot.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
That Washinton pass defense is truly awful.
They'll be pumped and anything can happen.
Howell is better than some think, as long as Wash. can establish the run.
But Dallas would have to come out really flat--on Thanksgiving national TV no less--for Wash to have a shot.
You love you some Howell

XXLMike

Reaction score
Anybody knocking mad dog has no clue about sports radio.

The reason 24 hours sports talk works in this nation is because of Dog and Mike Francesa. They are the pioneers of sports talk during drive time.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Cowboys are "Banged up?"Id say we are about as healthy as could possibly be.

The rest of the post is juts nonsense. Hey, Ill tell you what... go put down a grand on Washington... that will tell you how much you actually believe in your "Feeling.""

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Nobody cares what you have to say Giants fan. If Dallas loses they lose and it will be because of their mistakes.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Dallas has been taking care of business in the division in recent years, I don't expect today to be any different.

Our defensive line has dominated in recent matchups vs them as well.