Video: All of Rod Smiths runs

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He looks like a poor mans Demarco Murray to me.

He catches well, blocks well, runs hard, and he probably offers something on special teams too.

Alfred Morris looked more nimble then he did last season on his limited touches but I think he's going to end up being the odd man out.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He looks like a poor mans Demarco Murray to me.

He catches well, blocks well, runs hard, and he probably offers something on special teams too.

Alfred Morris looked more nimble then he did last season on his limited touches but I think he's going to end up being the odd man out.

Catch-17--- I think you nailed it....Rod Smith a poor mans Demarco Murray....and unfortunately i think Alfred Morris might be odd man out...but i wish they would reconsider and cut number 20 instead.....20 cannot run behind zone blocking very well and it shows...Morris looked fast and nimble....i hope we keep him

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
Came in to hate on the Demarco comparison. But he does kinda look like him with the white gloves/heavy white wrist tape and the one cut running style. But let's stop there.

Morris is a better runner, but gotta love Smith's versatility. Someone brought up Richie Anderson is another thread and I loved that comp.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Mcfadden looked better last year.

Morris may need a heavy workload to ever get it going.

I think Morris took what was given to him and made something out of it. So I think he's capable of going in and being productive.

On the other hand. it seems like Mcfadden has regressed. Back to his old ways of running with no vision, going down easily, and doesn't run hard.

He was the worst RB during the hall of fame game. Seems like he's comfortable thinking he has 2nd running back position in the bag.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What i like is Garretts coaching team has brought out hunger in the players to play hard...or maybe that is marinelli spilling over on the offense?

CWR

Reaction score
I rather have Alfred Morris than McFadden.

I have gone back and forth on this. I was on the Morris side early last year as he played really well in preseason but he really didnt offer much at all as the season progressed. My only hesitation now is will we see history repeat itself.

FaSho

Reaction score
Smith definitely looked better as the game went on. I think he's a keeper!

Runs good routes, and catches well. Better than Morris, most likely.

My favorite thing about Rod is, he always takes what's there. He always seems to fall forward.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
He had two long (IIRC) runs called back for penalty. He has a nose for falling forward and runs with burst and physicality. We had a big guy last year in Gus Johnson that ran with physicality but no burst or initial quickness and you can see the constrast between the two.

Sepia

Reaction score
He looked great. I was impressed.

I am tempted to say I prefer Morris over McFadden, but he didn't look as good after the first few games last season. I wonder if they'll keep 4 RBs.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
My biggest takeaway from this is that we apparently have a lineman on the roster named "Cowards".

Looking at the names of the linemen blocking for him later, I have absolutely no idea who most of them are.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I have gone back and forth on this. I was on the Morris side early last year as he played really well in preseason but he really didnt offer much at all as the season progressed. My only hesitation now is will we see history repeat itself.

He didn't offer much because they stuck with McFadden. Who didn't offer much either.

reddyuta

Reaction score
If we keep Smith then there is really no need to Mcfadden at all as they are similar,we might as well keep Morris.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
seeing that hurdle @6 min 14 sec mark, it makes me wonder how long will it be before that is outlawed by the NFL.. :cool: