All of these DT signings, what does this tell us about Mazi Smith?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nothing. The Cowboys lost DL's in FA and we were all screaming for Jerry to be more active in FA and draft to get some. Now he finally is.

Remember, these players aren't guaranteed a roster spot and aren't necessarily a long term solution like hopefully Mazi is.

I'm still in favor of another DL early in next Aprils draft.

I'm going to completely ignore the Mazi to DE comment. Good grief.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Nothing, Zimmer likes to churn the roster and check players to fit his scheme.

Lets see how Mazi does under Zimmer since his and DQs schemes are different.

I really wouldnt put much thought into it.

the Mazi hate is the same as other players, fans just want instant gratification.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Nothing. The Cowboys lost DL's in FA and we were all screaming for Jerry to be more active in FA and draft to get some. Now he finally is.

Remember, these players aren't guaranteed a roster spot and aren't necessarily a long term solution like hopefully Mazi is.

I'm still in favor of another DL early in next Aprils draft.

I'm going to completely ignore the Mazi to DE comment. Good grief.
If Mazi was long term we wouldn't need them maybe only 1

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I'm going to completely ignore the Mazi to DE comment. Good grief. @big dog cowboy

I was stupidly about to make a post on this, but I remember a SMART SMART individual on here telling me YOU'RE DOING TOO MUCH, get a life

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nothing, something, or just providing depth! What are your thoughts on what they're doing?? Please give your thoughts

Why not just move Mazi to DE???
It means nothing. It means they want a strong rotation.
This Mazi hate is out of control by those that do not understand football.

That it my thoughts and correct thoughts.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The aforementioned mentoring doesn’t stop at Kneeland though, also extending to other veterans, and that includes defensive tackle Jordan Phillips and defensive end Carl Lawson, both joining the Cowboys in late August via trade and free agency, respectively.

There is much more to the picture in this rounded picture...

Brandon Loree

@Brandoniswrite

The #Cowboys were reportedly considering Linval Joseph when they decided on the trade for Jordan Phillips. Now they sign Joseph to help with the 1 tech position and Phillips will stick at the 3 tech. Joseph is familiar with Zimmer’s scheme as well. A win all the way around

Retro88

Reaction score
It not only tells us about Mazi but does indeed prove we can find 4mil or so extra laying around.

chicago JK

Reaction score
I think it says something. Not that he will be cut, but they were really thin there and Mazi may not have made the big jump. It was foolish to count on him to begin with. I said in the offseason that we don't even know if he is an NFL player yet. Maybe in time he will be good, but for a team that wants to win it was pretty poor the inaction our front office had at the DT position. Joseph and the other guy we signed are probably just JAGS and bottom roster tier guys, but they could be the best DT besides Osa on our team.