All Pro Flozell "the hotel" Adams--whaz up?

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
dwmyers said:
my 0.02.. left tackles DON'T block outside linebackers, they block defensive ends. If Ware is at ROLB, the person who isn't picking him up is a running back.

But it sounds better if the media portrays it as Flo the LT taking on Ware the OLB.

David.

if the defense is playing a 3-4 ,which we do, then the OT blocks the OLB quite a bit of the time. Plus I'm sure they might be referring to one on one pass blocking drills too.

JDSmith

Reaction score
dwmyers said:
my 0.02.. left tackles DON'T block outside linebackers, they block defensive ends. If Ware is at ROLB, the person who isn't picking him up is a running back.

But it sounds better if the media portrays it as Flo the LT taking on Ware the OLB.

David.

From every account I've read, from both fans who were there as well as the media, Flo was TRYING to block Ware on those plays and Ware simply ran right around him.

Reaction score
Still more good news about this kid. How sweet would it be if he registers a couple of sacks Sat. night? That will be a much better indicator than anything we've seen to date. Lookin' forward to it.

31smackdown

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dwmyers

The problem with that theory is that BP said it himself during the press conference today.... so I don't think it's the media

smashmouth

Benched
Reaction score
dwmyers said:

David.
I don't think that an offense is going to handicap itself by keeping a back in to block every down first off.

If they put a back to block Ware, then their QB is going to suffer several knock out blows from Ware str8 pushing a back dead into the QB atleast 3 to 4 times a game with his power.

smashmouth

Benched
Reaction score
smashmouth said:
I don't think that an offense is going to handicap itself by keeping a back in to block every down first off.

If they put a back to block Ware, then their QB is going to suffer several knock out blows from Ware str8 pushing a back dead into the QB atleast 3 to 4 times a game with his power.
Not to mention (and I'm quoting myself) if Roy blitzs from Ware's side, who's going to block Roy if the back picks up Ware? Roy will put a QB in ICU if they let him come free.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
Well CrazyCowboy, I think Ware could be one of those crazy-good players that does crazy things like blow past Flozell Adams in practice and make him look crazy ...

But it could be that the coaches aren't too crazy about Adams ability to block smaller, quicker guys like Ware ... I know that sounds crazy ... but I've seen crazier things ... call me crazy ...

Banned_n_austin, what a crazy creative response--thanks!