All started with the disrespect of Bill Callahan

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I remember he was definitely run off. Posters and fans wanted him to lose play calling while he was here.

Posters and fans? I wasn't aware they did the hiring and firing for the Cowboys.

The fact is, the year before he left Dallas Payton had been promoted to assistant head coach and OC, and Payton only left because he got a head coaching opportunity.

Jipper

Reaction score
I believe tom Landry was the original disrespected coach

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
There were a couple years where Romo had an efficient run game either with Murray, Barber, or Jones. Rarely was it consistent year to year, though it was underused.
If it were used consistently, it would have been fine. We were typically top half of the league in ypc and bottom half of the league in # of attempts. Fans would get upset weekly we wouldn't run the ball. Garrett would get asked weekly why we weren't running the ball. Garrett would say weekly we need to run the ball more. And then...the same thing would happen the next week.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Callahan is good at teaching guys how to block but he's another John Gruden when it comes to running an offense and I just can't stand that pure west coast style of football.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stop whining. Do you have a Callahan fathead or something? Lmao @ chastising.

Oh, now that you've been exposed for not knowing what you're talking about, someone else is "whining"?

That hilarious!
:lmao:

No, the "whining" comes from the clueless. Who jump into conversations they're uninformed about, in a rash effort to blindly defend "their Cowboys", and ultimately look foolish.

If that was your intent? Mission accomplished! Great job!
:facepalm:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Oh, now that you've been exposed for not knowing what you're talking about, someone else is "whining"?

That hilarious!
:lmao:

No, the "whining" comes from the clueless. Who jump into conversations they're uninformed about, in a rash effort to blindly defend "their Cowboys", and ultimately look foolish.

If that was your intent? Mission accomplished! Great job!
:facepalm:
You're so emotional!

Exposed me for making a mistake? You're pathetic.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If it were used consistently, it would have been fine. We were typically top half of the league in ypc and bottom half of the league in # of attempts. Fans would get upset weekly we wouldn't run the ball. Garrett would get asked weekly why we weren't running the ball. Garrett would say weekly we need to run the ball more. And then...the same thing would happen the next week.

:hammer:

For over a decade now.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Callahan is good at teaching guys how to block but he's another John Gruden when it comes to running an offense and I just can't stand that pure west coast style of football.

I wouldn't want the guy as the offensive coordinator either. It's not what he does best, that's coaching the offensive line, like he is now. But I have no doubt that if not for another case of 'The Garrett Effect', Callahan would still be here, coaching this offensive line.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're so emotional!

Exposed me for making a mistake? You're pathetic.

Yeah, you're the clueless guy trying to call out others, I'm "emotional" and now you're calling me "pathetic" for setting the record straight.

You're a real piece of work.

Go stand in front of a mirror.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Posters and fans? I wasn't aware they did the hiring and firing for the Cowboys.

The fact is, the year before he left Dallas Payton had been promoted to assistant head coach and OC, and Payton only left because he got a head coaching opportunity.

That's revisionist history.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's revisionist history.

lol - no, it's actually documented fact. You can check yourself - the internet is right there at your fingertips. The Cowboys actually did give him a promotion in 2005, and they did not fire Sean Peyton, and despite your apparent belief that the fans and posters on a website fired him, that didn't happen either.

Last edited:
Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yeah, you're the clueless guy trying to call out others, I'm "emotional" and now you're calling me "pathetic" for setting the record straight.

You're a real piece of work.

Go stand in front of a mirror.
Ok.

Man I'm handsome.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Really? Jerry disrespected the franchise by hiring Phillips in the first place. And as great as you think Bill Callahan is, the Commanders have done squat since he went there and he failed in his head coaching opportunities.
That is true but hiring Garrett before Wade and paying him the same amount of money was really disrespecting him. What owner in their right mind does that? The coach has no credibility after that.

And as bad as Callahan has been as a HC he did lead a team to the SB which is light years more than Garrett has even come close to.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
No, it all started when the moron owner ran a SB winning coach out of town.
Nope, Jimmy had one foot out the door already. Was listening to offers from the Jags. Look at his history. Never more than 5 years in one place. He would burn himself our building a winner and then he'd be ready to move on and try it again someplace else. Free agency and the salary cap is what started this mess many years ago. Free agency hurt the depth of the 90's dynasty and we haven't been good at playing that market. And until recently we have always seemed to bungle the cap.

Jordan1988

Reaction score
Who is the line coach today because these last two season has not been great for the Oline.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
lol - no, it's actually documented fact. You can check yourself - the internet is right there at your fingertips. The Cowboys actually did give him a promotion in 2005, and they did not fire Sean Peyton, and despite your apparent belief that the fans and posters on a website fired him, that didn't happen either.

Where did I say he was fired? He was chased out. Bill Parcells took responsibilities away from him and he didn't see a future here. So he left.