Twitter: All time Cowboys passing leaders

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm aware, it will be more amusing when our all time passing leader is hated on though.
I'd be interested to know what the qualifications and requirement are for this "hater" label.

I'm willing to bet they are pretty vague, but do tell.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
40,000 yards used to be able to get you into the HOF. Without the injuries Romo would have hit that mark. Without Garrett Romo probably could have had a SB. At least that's what us Romo lovers like to think.
Of course just a little over 40,000 was the all time mark when Unitas retired, but the mark has moved as the league has become more and more dependent on the passing game. Bledsoe, Testeverde, Palmer, Flacco and Kerry Collins all have over 40,000 and I doubt any of them will get in.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Of course just a little over 40,000 was the all time mark when Unitas retired, but the mark has moved as the league has become more and more dependent on the passing game. Bledsoe, Testeverde, Palmer, Flacco and Kerry Collins all have over 40,000 and I doubt any of them will get in.
Agreed, plus the seasons are getting longer. I think Unitas started out playing 12 games and ended with 14, though I'd have to look.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
He’ll likely finish the leader in both categories barring an injury shortened career.

Many will consider it just an accomplishment based on the era he’s playing in, but his name will be atop the rankings regardless.

Will be interesting to see how he’s viewed in 20 years.

He's got 3 more seasons to do it.

UFA after 2024.

CWR

Reaction score
I'd be interested to know what the qualifications and requirement are for this "hater" label.

Well Steve I'm not the authority on the matter, but I'd define it as someone who is incapable of giving credit, and moves only to criticize.

Dak can be a good QB within the 7-12 range, but the tendency with many is, if he's not Arod he's trash.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Passing leader categories are a total waste of time. Throughout the years the league keeps adding more games and passing rules that makes the passing game infinitely more easy. You cant touch QBs today, and WRs dont even have to worry about going over the middle. Do we hear about those WRs that arent afraid of going over the middle like we used to???? Nope, because there is no reason to be afraid anymore. Aint no Ronnie Lott waiting for you anymore.

So listing passing stats is as foolish as comparing Michaels Jordan per game scoring avg against Derek Jeters fielding percentage.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

hat·er
/ˈhādər/
Learn to pronounce

noun
  1. a person who greatly dislikes a specified person or thing.
    "a man hater"
    • INFORMAL
      a negative or critical person.
      "she found it difficult to cope with the haters"

Reactions: G2

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
hat·er
/ˈhādər/
Learn to pronounce

noun
  1. a person who greatly dislikes a specified person or thing.
    "a man hater"
    • INFORMAL
      a negative or critical person.
      "she found it difficult to cope with the haters"
So basically...nobody here.

By the way, thank you very much for going to all that effort to copy and paste from dictionary.com! Hopefully we can stop this nonsense thanks to YOU!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well Steve I'm not the authority on the matter, but I'd define it as someone who is incapable of giving credit, and moves only to criticize.

Dak can be a good QB within the 7-12 range, but the tendency with many is, if he's not Arod he's trash.
Fair enough....so....That is nobody here. Even Mountaineer and Pappy gave dak credit early last year.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

By the way, thank you very much for going to all that effort to copy and paste from dictionary.com! Hopefully we can stop this nonsense thanks to YOU!
Actually, if you read the "Informal" definition, it describes perfectly how several people seem to be, regarding various players.

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Wrong. It's really not that difficult to identify. Asking for a formal definition, getting the precise answer and still dismissing it paints the picture that you aren't aware or don't want to hear it. But there are plenty that hate on specific players constantly and that's all they post about. It's really not that hard.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

The biggest qualification is to be a Cowboys QB that hasn’t won a championship. All the QBs the Cowboys have had that keep coming up short have taken their lumps from the fan base.

CWR

Reaction score
Fair enough....so....That is nobody here. Even Mountaineer and Pappy gave dak credit early last year.

So giving credit once while arbitrarily crapping on him a hundred times means they give him his due? Sometimes he deserves the criticism, sometimes it's completely over the top.

If those two are your examples of an unbiased assessment we can agree to disagree.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I hear you. AND I AGREE!!! IF Dak doesn't play in a meaningful game, his stats will be called meaningless. Only thing is Dak 's story is yet to be written. It's only half done , if that. I would say Dak has played in meaningful games. The Packers playoff game and the Los Angeles playoff game. Romo played in the "Catch" game. A game where he couldn't have done one more thing to win. He got robbed by the refs. Sucks but Tony played and played well and the game was meaningful.
I think the whole never won the Super Bowl is a huge Red Herring argument when stating a players worth as a player. Dan Marino , Dan Fouts and Fran Tarkenton just to name a few, never won the Super Bowl. I know I know, we 're the Dallas Cowboys Blah Blah Blah....... Yeah right !!!! Tony Romo was a Great QB. Period those opinions of him stating other wise are just that OPINIONS. You welcomed to have them but....... yea well you get it. Dak Prescott is a great QB only thing is will he be able to put it together and Qb the team during a Super Bowl run. As a Cowboys fan, I betting on my guy
You don’t have to win a SB or even play in a SB, but the Cowboys had very good teams and at least once the top team, but never even played in a conference title game. If Dak never plays in a NFCtitle game, his stats will mean nothing to me.

rangers71

Reaction score
fracking nonsense air Corea. greatest show on turf, all the 3 wr sets the boyz ran and around the NFL i mean the original 88 averaged 20 YPC and the hail Mary was invented and some big time numbers puit up by Irving as well.. era excuse is for trolls

so when players in this passing era have 200k yards rushing, what's that? wrong era i guess.. explain the rookie season zeke had running and his first 3 years in this alleged pass era.. Elway, Farve and many other, how about Jim Kelly and that offense the air Mcnair run and shoot days, they didn't pass a lot?

Who in the hell is air Corea and Irving?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
No matter how loud you scream this from the mountain top... this is an opinion, not a fact. Stats are a part of a players evaluation.
See if Romo gets into the HOF with just the stats. Playoff wins and most importantly championship wins separates the great QBs from the good.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So giving credit once while arbitrarily crapping on him a hundred times means they give him his due? Sometimes he deserves the criticism, sometimes it's completely over the top.

If those two are your examples of an unbiased assessment we can agree to disagree.
I went by your definition. If they did half a season...they are certainly "CAPABLE".

I picked those two knowing they were your main suspects. It would seem we just agree they, in fact, ARE capable of giving credit. When THEY think it's due.

This is why I asked what defines "hater". It seems when in disagreement, specifically here about performance, value and job satisfaction of Dak. . Not that they actually "hate".