Twitter: All time rookie sack list update

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
That is pretty amazing company to be in. I really hope this kid crushes the record.

Techsass

Reaction score
Al Bubba Baker had 23 sacks as a rookie in 1978.

They just hasn’t started counting them as an official statistic back then.
I always hear how sacks weren't counted before 1982. I get that it wasn't an "Official" stat, but how hard would it be to watch tape & tally what everybody got?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Reggie White is the only one on that list that had a solid lengthy career. Freeney had some better seasons after his rookie year, but not as long as Reggie White.

The Freak like you said never captured his rookie magic, but didn't nose dive like Aldon. Just puts it into perspective for me, Enjoy #11 today. Never know what the future brings.

fwiw, that wasn't Reggie White's "rookie" year

It was his first year in the NFL but he played *professionally* in the USFL for two seasons

J-man

Reaction score
anyway you slice it, that's impressive company for the kid.
I really hope they let him loose the next 2 games and give him a chance to go get the record.

I know a lot people think he needs to spy Murry, but I'd rather J Lewis do that and let Parsons hunt. I think J lewis is better equipped to spy Murry anyway. They have the same "shiftiness" making quick cuts and slashes as runners. As god as Micah is, he's has insane burst and flat speed, but not exactly quick cuts.

Redline360

Reaction score
Hope he has a long and productive career. He's great to watch.

Aldon Smith....what a waste of a career. Guy had monstrous talent and could argurbly have been talked about as one of the all time greats.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
You said - Reggie White is the only one on that list that had a solid lengthy career.

Freeney played 16 years, was a 3 time All Pro, a 7 time Pro Bowler, was on the All Decade team and is worthy of the Hall of Fame.

But other than that....

Well, not what I meant, but that's what I get for comparing anyone to Reggie White. As someone else alluded to, doesn't even include his USFL numbers. Pure GOAT.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Aldon Smith to me was a HOF talent that ruined himself with alcohol addiction, among others things but that was the primary reason for his downfall.

Over the 43 games he played his first 3 years he had 42 sacks. 74 QB hits. 6 FF.
He was a gamechanger.
Then suspension after suspension hit.

Crazy thing is that he is only 32 right now. No doubt in my mind he could of been around ~120+ sacks right now if he played the maximum amount of 176 regular season games since his career started.

For just a small second before the season began, I wondered if we pulled off a coup signing him for his come back. Too bad, hope he works out the demons.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Such a talent, wasted by personal demons. Not a new story, but still a tragic one.
hes not alone Josh Gordon, rickey Williams are some big names.

how about a few of our players purple drank LB, and Irving DT..thats a waste their careers never even got to Smiths level yet the same talent.
at least Aldon had career and stats that were impressive.

Reactions: CWR

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, not what I meant, but that's what I get for comparing anyone to Reggie White. As someone else alluded to, doesn't even include his USFL numbers. Pure GOAT.

Yes. IMO, there are 4 players who can lay claim to being the best defensive player of the modern era. Reggie White, Lawrence Taylor, Deion Sanders and Ray Lewis.

CWR

Reaction score
hes not alone Josh Gordon, rickey Williams are some big names.

how about a few of our players purple drank LB, and Irving DT..thats a waste their careers never even got to Smiths level yet the same talent.
at least Aldon had career and stats that were impressive.

Marcus Dupree and on and on. I was a fan of Ricky Williams. He was able to fend off his demons long enough to be a fantastic player. Ditka and Sports Illustrated did him no favors, but he was fantastic in Miami for a little while. Pretty sure that's where he had a 2k year. I had him and Jamal Lewis on my fantasy team that year and they were both ridiculous.