Twitter: All time rookie sack list update

blueblood70

Reaction score
Marcus Dupree and on and on. I was a fan of Ricky Williams. He was able to fend off his demons long enough to be a fantastic player. Ditka and Sports Illustrated did him no favors, but he was fantastic in Miami for a little while. Pretty sure that's where he had a 2k year. I had him and Jamal Lewis on my fantasy team that year and they were both ridiculous.
as UT fan i still enjoyed watching him in the NFL, one of my all-time faves at UT.

Reactions: CWR

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Reggie White is the only one on that list that had a solid lengthy career. Freeney had some better seasons after his rookie year, but not as long as Reggie White.

The Freak like you said never captured his rookie magic, but didn't nose dive like Aldon. Just puts it into perspective for me, Enjoy #11 today. Never know what the future brings.

Reggie White was the GOAT. Freeney had a great career. Anybody would look like a bum compared to Reggie White.

Knotamus

Reaction score
And Micah did it as a part time rusher...heck, he didn't even rush the passer in 25% of the games he played. If given the opportunity to be a full time pass rusher he could possibly have the single season sack record.

No offense to you.. I keep hearing/reading so many people say this and it’s not true.

Yes, Micah has proved to be effective at whatever he’s asked to do. Yet, if he was a “full time pass rusher”, he would play DE and that would neutralize the (best)unpredictable part of his game. Because opponents would know exactly where he is at all times and game plan for him more effectively…thus, making him less efficient. He would still get sacks, but not at the rate some believe that’s over and beyond what he’s doing now.

Micah at LB makes him a true wildcard. Opponents have no clue when and/or where he’ll be at on a given play. Coverage? Maybe. Pass rush? More than likely. Maintaining his gap? Surely. My point is.. the fact that teams can’t single him out and “eliminate” him from a play, makes him more efficient and dangerous. A lot of credit should obviously go to Micah’s ability, but Dan Quinn should get some kind of award for how he’s using Micah in his scheme.

Don’t get me wrong though.. do I think Micah could have more sacks right now if he rushed more? Sure, playing LBer. LBers in this scheme can’t rush full time. They have multiple responsibilities that is dictated my the opposing offense.

Side note: Micah himself even mentioned in a interview a few weeks back when Randy and Lawrence where set to return. He said they can have their positions back bc he was tired of being chipped on every play.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
May but have shown up in sack numbers but I thought he was a great player for a long time

Oh yeah, he was. I just found it surprising that his sack numbers got lower the longer he was in the league. That’s not the typical trend.

Creeper

Reaction score
Of course this is since 1982.

Micah Parsons is not the same as the rest of this list. Parsons does not play DE. The fact that he is on this list as a LB is astonishing. If he played DE full time, how many sacks would he have by now? 15? 17?

Let's hope he can play like this for the next 10 years.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hopefully we stay in the hunt for the number one seed so he’s able to get some snaps in the final game. If we lose on Sunday the Cowboys may end up sitting Parsons and a lot of our starters in the season finale. They may view having a healthy team entering the playoffs as more important than where they’re seeded. I’m not sure we’ll take many chances with our starters in the final regular season game unless the number one seed is at stake.

Reactions: BAT

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
I wonder how far back they have to go to say they have all games recorded for a given season. They must be able to go back 10 years or so and expand the sacks stats

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Jevon Kearse’s sack total went down every season after his rookie season. His rookie season 14.5, his second season 11.5 and his third season 10.0. He never had another double digit sack season after that.

Reactions: BAT

JBS

Reaction score
Parsons is lucky that he’s only a rookie. He has a long time to change his stance on his position. He won’t be calling himself an off the ball linebacker much longer