All22 review Jonathan Cooper

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not here to educate any of you or even define the term stupid for you. That's what you *should* have went to school for. If you don't like what I say and it bothers you that much, ignore me. Otherwise shut the **** up.

As for Fuzzy I will go ahead with the definition. There is a different between Intellect and Wisdom. Without one, (Wisdom) you're stupid. Without the other (Intellect) you're ignorant. I stand by my statement. Collins is stupid. Whether he has any intellect remains to be seen.

So says the guy that calls himself gmoney. A term notoriously used by people of low intelligence, wisdom and character.

I'm pretty sure I have no threat in either being lower than yours.
Wow. We see which side of the intellectual bell curve you sit.

Intelligence: The ability to acquire, understand, and use knowledge
Ignorance: The condition of being uneducated, unaware, or uninformed.

Wisdom: Common sense; good judgment
Stupid: Tending to make poor decisions or careless mistakes.

I have no idea *** is wrong with you guys. I didn't attack you first, so stop ****ing attacking me. Do you feel threatened by me or something? You should worry about real issues in your life, I'm no threat to you. If you I scare you that much, put me in ignore. Either way, stop talking to me if all you're going to do is attack me.

I have not been involved in this issue. I've just observed from a neutral perspective.

I do know that calling out players will get fans here upset even if you are correct or possibly correct; however, in looking at your posts you appear to be instigating a fight and then you come back and say you have no idea why people are attacking you.

I have also gotten the impression that La'el Collins might be a bit of a slow learner, but I don't know that for certain. Rookies make mistakes and OLine is a position group that is considered to be one of the harder to learn. We didn't get to see enough of him this season to really see if he had improved from his rookie season.

On a side note, playing LG for the Cowboys is a little harder than playing that position for some teams. The Cowboys have the RG cheat towards the RT as often as possible because their RT Free is a very limited player. They then have the Center cheat to the right to compensate for the RG compensating for the RT. The end result is that the LG is often on a island almost like an OT. When looking at the All-22 view, the right side of the line is often clumped together after the snap while the LG has big gaps to either side. I've even done screen shots and imported them into a cad program to measure the gaps pre-snap. You might expect the OG to be in the middle between the OT and OC, but with the Cowboys the RG is often offset from the middle towards the RT, whereas the LG is often the opposite and is closer to the Center. It's not a huge amount of space, maybe 2 or 3 inches, but it does happen. They do this on pass plays to prevent pass rushers from beating Free to the inside. This allows Free to over-set to the outside which gives him and advantage. I believe that it all started way back when Brian Waters played a few games for the Cowboys. Free had been really struggling and then started playing better when Waters played and continued to be a little better even after Waters got injured. It was reported that Waters did "something" that helped the OL scheme. After watching the Cowboys games repeatedly with a primary focus on the OL, I came to the conclusion that this spacing and cheating right was that "something". It's not something that happens on 100% of plays but it is their general mode of operation.

I digress, but they've done other things to help Free also. In the running game they scheme to make it easier for him. They like to get him on a LB when possible and they like plays where he is just help blocking with Martin. They do things with the TEs to help him including at times having 2 TEs block the DE while Free just helps Martin and then looks for a LB. There are plays that they run to the left that they don't run to the right, at least not with the same type of blocking assignments.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Wow. We see which side of the intellectual bell curve you sit.

Intelligence: The ability to acquire, understand, and use knowledge
Ignorance: The condition of being uneducated, unaware, or uninformed.

Wisdom: Common sense; good judgment
Stupid: Tending to make poor decisions or careless mistakes.

I have no idea *** is wrong with you guys. I didn't attack you first, so stop ****ing attacking me. Do you feel threatened by me or something? You should worry about real issues in your life, I'm no threat to you. If you I scare you that much, put me in ignore. Either way, stop talking to me if all you're going to do is attack me.

The ability to acquire knowledge and being uninformed are not mutually exclusive.

Wisdom is something acquired through experience. Stupidity is a state. Such as one who lacks a high intellect.

You literally posted links to the definitions and still can't comprehend what you're reading.

Also threatened by you? What are you talking about. I initially laughed at your post a few pages back but then you startted insulting people while not understanding basi concepts. So I felt the need to help.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I do know that calling out players will get fans here upset even if you are correct or possibly correct; however, in looking at your posts you appear to be instigating a fight and then you come back and say you have no idea why people are attacking you.

Everyone here has an opinion and there are several people here on the board that attack others just because they have a differing opinion. So, me saying anything negative (or even positive) about a player isn't *intentional* instigation. It's a fact that everyone has an opinion. I've seen you get attacked for your opinion on many occasions. Are you saying you were also instigating the attack? I don't think so as I've never seen you in my opinion instigate such an attack.

I think the main difference between you an I in this is the fact that you sugar coat many of your negative comments. You say "Collins appears to be a slow learner". I on the other hand am far more direct about it saying, he is playing stupid.

Like I said. If how I disperse my opinion is too abrasive for them, they can just put me in ignore. I have no want or will to deal with people who can't control their emotional stability.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
The ability to acquire knowledge and being uninformed are not mutually exclusive.

Wisdom is something acquired through experience. Stupidity is a state. Such as one who lacks a high intellect.

You literally posted links to the definitions and still can't comprehend what you're reading.

Also threatened by you? What are you talking about. I initially laughed at your post a few pages back but then you startted insulting people while not understanding basi concepts. So I felt the need to help.

Look a Trumpet. I hate Trumpets, so let me help you on to my ignore list. You should add me to yours.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Look a Trumpet. I hate Trumpets, so let me help you on to my ignore list. You should add me to yours.
Words have meaning. You should learn them before you use them in an antagonistic way.

Good day sir.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bad teams are bad because of bad GMs.

And you are claiming to be smarter than them?

I'm pretty sure even the worst NFL GM knows more about player acquisitions than the biggest fan.

GMs have a lot of things to focus on. This concept would be equivalent to fine tuning which "bad" GMs might never get around to doing. Even good GMs on bad teams might never get around to it because if they are a good GM then their team might not be bad for long.

People like to play both sides of the ALL GMs are smarter than normal people. When I said in the past that Jermey Parnell must have been considered good by real NFL people because the Jaguars signed him, people responded that the Jaguars GM must be a moron because their team is not good.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everyone here has an opinion and there are several people here on the board that attack others just because they have a differing opinion. So, me saying anything negative (or even positive) about a player isn't *intentional* instigation. It's a fact that everyone has an opinion. I've seen you get attacked for your opinion on many occasions. Are you saying you were also instigating the attack? I don't think so as I've never seen you in my opinion instigate such an attack.

I think the main difference between you an I in this is the fact that you sugar coat many of your negative comments. You say "Collins appears to be a slow learner". I on the other hand am far more direct about it saying, he is playing stupid.

Like I said. If how I disperse my opinion is too abrasive for them, they can just put me in ignore. I have no want or will to deal with people who can't control their emotional stability.
No, I'm not referring to what you said about the player. If people can't take harsh opinions about players then that's not really your problem.

I'm referring to things like: Otherwise shut the **** up.

CCBoy

Reaction score
No, I'm not referring to what you said about the player. If people can't take harsh opinions about players then that's not really your problem.

Lol, that's an easy fella'...;)

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Interesting.

They claimed him on waivers from the Patriots so I don't know why they would lose a comp pick.
The really odd thing is that I heard (from Talkin Cowboys - take it for what it's worth) that they would have rec'd a comp pick in 2018 if they kept him. And we also stand to GET one if we don't re-sign him after the season.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The really odd thing is that I heard (from Talkin Cowboys - take it for what it's worth) that they would have rec'd a comp pick in 2018 if they kept him. And we also stand to GET one if we don't re-sign him after the season.
Yes, it is possible. The comp pick depends on how big of a contract he signs. It is unlikely to be big so it might not result in a comp pick.

Also, any free agents signed offsets lost players. If Cleveland is going to do much in free agency, then they wouldn't get the comp pick anyway.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score

First off, he was trying to discredit what I said by using a false analogy defense by comparing Collins to Fitzpatrick. Fitzpatrick vs Collins intellectually isn't even remotely similar nor is the reason of their failures as players. Hence, a sort of straw man defense and why I said I wasn't here to educate him on the difference. (straw man, false analogy, and hyperbole are common in most people's arguments here)

Secondly, the context that I said it in. I said "if you don't like what I'm saying, put me on ignore". If he chooses not too, (the otherwise part) then he should just shut the **** up (as it pertains to addressing me.)

Anyhow, I digress. There is a reason I used to just hangout in Off Topic zone. There are far too many people on here that lack any real ability to reason and one of my admitted short comings is the lack of ability to tolerate people who debate with arguments that have no basis in reason.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First off, he was trying to discredit what I said by using a false analogy defense by comparing Collins to Fitzpatrick. Fitzpatrick vs Collins intellectually isn't even remotely similar nor is the reason of their failures as players. Hence, a sort of straw man defense and why I said I wasn't here to educate him on the difference. (straw man, false analogy, and hyperbole are common in most people's arguments here)

Secondly, the context that I said it in. I said "if you don't like what I'm saying, put me on ignore". If he chooses not too, (the otherwise part) then he should just shut the **** up (as it pertains to addressing me.)

Anyhow, I digress. There is a reason I used to just hangout in Off Topic zone. There are far too many people on here that lack any real ability to reason and one of my admitted short comings is the lack of ability to tolerate people who debate with arguments that have no basis in reason.
I totally understand what you're saying (In general, not saying one way or the other in this thread).

I don't care if someone can logically find fault with my posts as long as they're really interested in the subject and not just taking shots at me on topics they don't care about.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Internet tough guys are out in force, going to be a long week.
1096443.jpg

Macnalty

Reaction score
This thread makes me miss cowboyjoe's posts. We have to let the Parnell vs Free debate die, we certainly have no trophies to award the winner this year. We are in the middle of the best season in about twenty years enjoy the journey. We follow a team that has the ability to win it all this year and all they have to do is play smart with limited turnovers and no killer penalties. One game at a time till Houston is on our schedule.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
This thread makes me miss cowboyjoe's posts. We have to let the Parnell vs Free debate die, we certainly have no trophies to award the winner this year. We are in the middle of the best season in about twenty years enjoy the journey. We follow a team that has the ability to win it all this year and all they have to do is play smart with limited turnovers and no killer penalties. One game at a time till Houston is on our schedule.
This guy's sense checks out.