Alleged Scam Artist Admits He Makes Thousands

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, that was 3 years ago. I did a lot of research on him, and found a bunch of articles on him, so I knew a lot about him. Today, when he came up, it was definitely one of those times where I wished I had played it differently. My initial reaction was more of a "you have got to be kidding me. This guy again?" So, I said "no, bro." And I think he knew that I wasn't worth his time, and he bolted.

In hindsight, I wished I had let him do his spiel and freaked him out with everything I knew about him.

The truth is there's some positive to be learned from a guy like that...

1. The guy knows how to SELL. That in itself is a powerful skill in today's society. Most people don't have a clue on how to sell and consequently they're stuck getting the leftover scraps from those that do.

2. He knows the power of "Just asking". Most people are afraid to ask... for anything. This guy will forget about "no's" in about 10 seconds and just asks someone else. Having a short-memory when it comes to rejection is a powerful weapon.

bounce

Reaction score
The truth is there's some positive to be learned from a guy like that...

1. The guy knows how to SELL. That in itself is a powerful skill in today's society. Most people don't have a clue on how to sell and consequently they're stuck getting the leftover scraps from those that do.

2. He knows the power of "Just asking". Most people are afraid to ask... for anything. This guy will forget about "no's" in about 10 seconds and just asks someone else. Having a short-memory when it comes to rejection is a powerful weapon.

Definitely. I can't even get mad at him. He's making a living at it, and whether or not I think it's honest, it's totally subjective. Still annoying to be approached by this guy on (in my case) multiple occasions. But, I guess that's my problem, not his.

Honestly, I would love to actually just have a dialogue with him. "Look, we both know that you're selling BS, so I'm not going to screw up your game, but I'd love to hear your story."

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Honestly, I would love to actually just have a dialogue with him. "Look, we both know that you're selling BS, so I'm not going to screw up your game, but I'd love to hear your story."

You bet!

There are folks out making money off of seminars/webinars and doing sales consulting that aren't nearly as good as this guy.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Well, that was 3 years ago. I did a lot of research on him, and found a bunch of articles on him, so I knew a lot about him. Today, when he came up, it was definitely one of those times where I wished I had played it differently. My initial reaction was more of a "you have got to be kidding me. This guy again?" So, I said "no, bro." And I think he knew that I wasn't worth his time, and he bolted.

In hindsight, I wished I had let him do his spiel and freaked him out with everything I knew about him.

And recorded it on you smart phone...

Ahhh.... a Youtube moment.:)

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I carry around in my car photocopies of the Salvation Army's list of organizations where people in need can get food assistance. If I see someone holding up one of those need help signs, I'll give them a copy. I usually also give them a couple of bucks to get food right away. Maybe I shouldn't. I also used to take extra food with me to work and then on my break bring it out to the people who were panhandling.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fake panhandlers suck but at least they are asking and not taking.
They could be mugging you.

Winicki said the power of asking is powerful...so is the idea that you can say No without being a turd about it or feeling like a turd about it.

What sucks is the people that really could use the help are the ones that really are the ones it hurts. And sometimes they don't have the mental capacity or stability to make things better for themselves.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Fake panhandlers suck but at least they are asking and not taking.
They could be mugging you.

Winicki said the power of asking is powerful...so is the idea that you can say No without being a turd about it or feeling like a turd about it.

What sucks is the people that really could use the help are the ones that really are the ones it hurts. And sometimes they don't have the mental capacity or stability to make things better for themselves.

Those are excellent points. I've given money to panhandlers because I know that many of them, maybe most of them, genuinely are in need. Or maybe I'm naive and shouldn't do it. I'm not sure. I just know when I was in a desperate place, some people I didn't even know helped me. Though some unfortunate turn of events, I had nothing at all to eat and no money to buy anything and applying for food stamps would take time. It was the weekend. So I went to a church that has a food bank and gives to anyone in need, no questions asked, whether you're a member of the church or not and whether you're a Christian or not. They gave me food and even accommodated my vegetarian diet. They prayed with me to help me find a job. A few weeks later, I was able to find one and I sent them a thank-you note. I cannot express how much gratitude I had, and still have, to people who I didn't even know who helped me no strings attached. Now that things are much better, I appreciate what I have, and I make it a point to help others who are in a bad place like I was. I donate to food banks and food drives. That's why I carry around the list of organizations that have food banks so that I can always give it to someone who needs it. I do give small amounts of money to panhandlers, never more than two dollars. Sometimes I worry that maybe I shouldn't, that maybe they're just going to buy booze or drugs. It's a tough call for me, but if I do decide to quit giving them money, I always want to remain committed to helping people who are in a tough place. I guess the question is how is the best way to do that.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So what car are you driving these days? :p

x14.gif