Allen Hurns To Be Approached About Pay Cut

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I agree, Hurns has some value at the right price. But $6.5 million ain't it. That number has to come way down.
And i think it will. With Hurns injury plus Cooper, Gallup, Cobb and Witten he has to know that. Plus he isn't getting that much on the market if released.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
We already have enough for Quinn.... he have 17m and Quinn isn't getting more than 5 or 6m

We have 17m based on what? Lawrence deal isn't done although the hit can be lessened in 2019 by getting a deal done. Cooper hasn't been extended or Dak. I'll leave Zeke out. How do you see that working Nightman? Spread 17m around those three guys and possibly Byron Jones and then Quinn. Not saying it can't be done but Hurns' piddly savings won't go far. Quinn and his agent are surely looking for more than 5-6m, heck his last year base salary in Miami is 11.8m. Depends on what Miami is willing to eat and we don't know that

Big_D

Reaction score
They should've reached an injury settlement and moved on after what happened. I don't see the point in keeping him.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
We have 17m based on what? Lawrence deal isn't done although the hit can be lessened in 2019 by getting a deal done. Cooper hasn't been extended or Dak. I'll leave Zeke out. How do you see that working Nightman? Spread 17m around those three guys and possibly Byron Jones and then Quinn. Not saying it can't be done but Hurns' piddly savings won't go far. Quinn and his agent are surely looking for more than 5-6m, heck his last year base salary in Miami is 11.8m. Depends on what Miami is willing to eat and we don't know that
DLaw and ACooper are already under contract for 34m in cap space

That is the max..... they don't need any more space

If they get extended their cap hits will be cut in half creating more space

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
DLaw and ACooper are already under contract for 34m in cap space

That is the max..... they don't need any more space

If they get extended their cap hits will be cut in half creating more space

Ok that clears that up. Thanks man.... and Dak?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
They should've reached an injury settlement and moved on after what happened. I don't see the point in keeping him.
His contract isn't guaranteed and we only had ACooper and Gallup at WR before FA

It is an insurance policy that costs nothing thru Training Camp

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
His contract isn't guaranteed and we only had ACooper and Gallup at WR before FA

It is an insurance policy that costs nothing thru Training Camp

Yep, I also don't think his agent would agree to a settlement either. From what I've read, settlements are done to give a player some guaranteed money should the time in rehab cause a player to miss future games and as well as future uncertainty. Hurns was injured in the playoffs and had already been paid for last season. By the time TC comes around it will be nearly 8 months of rehab in the off season.

ghst187

Reaction score
Allen Hurns To Be Approached About being Cut

Fixed it for you...

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Yep, I also don't think his agent would agree to a settlement either. From what I've read, settlements are done to give a player some guaranteed money should the time in rehab cause a player to miss future games and as well as future uncertainty. Hurns was injured in the playoffs and had already been paid for last season. By the time TC comes around it will be nearly 8 months of rehab in the off season.
Right.....Hurns wasn't hurt this year..... so no Injury Settlement

He isn't expected to miss even Training Camp so it isn't an issue

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
I'd put it at $2 million if it's me. And based on his 2018 season? Even that is being generous.

I feel that this team is being too friendly with its players, and allowing some bad contracts to continue because they're not experiencing a cap crunch at this moment.

But meanwhile, they can't reach a contract agreement with their best defender, and they have several top of the market deals waiting in the wings.

There are several contracts that should be adjusted downward so that this team has as much cap space as possible available for those upcoming big deals. Every dollar you can save now is one more you have available for the future.
Yeah, if they can get Hurns' number down to around 2 million like you said, that would be closer to fair value for a WR4 that offers depth at WR and slot. Basically what Brice Butler was, in essence. At this point, they have a ton of big contracts to hand out in the next year to franchise guys so they have to keep the contracts for the support players managable. I'm still torn on DeMarcus Lawrence, but either way, you gotta invest heavily in the D-line whether it's Tank, Quinn and Asnah, Suh, ect. I'd look to bring Crawford's number down, too. I know we've had this discussion before, and I've come around more to your way of thinking with him, just because we have to be prudent with the salary cap.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Yeah, if they can get Hurns' number down to around 2 million like you said, that would be closer to fair value for a WR4 that offers depth at WR and slot. Basically what Brice Butler was, in essence. At this point, they have a ton of big contracts to hand out in the next year to franchise guys so they have to keep the contracts for the support players managable. I'm still torn on DeMarcus Lawrence, but either way, you gotta invest heavily in the D-line whether it's Tank, Quinn and Asnah, Suh, ect. I'd look to bring Crawford's number down, too. I know we've had this discussion before, and I've come around more to your way of thinking with him, just because we have to be prudent with the salary cap.
We have 16m in cap space now we aren't spending

We rolled over 12m from we didn't spend last year to improve at DL or S

We didn't even come close to maxing out the amount of cap space available....we left 20m on the shelf