Alright Jason, here's your real chance

CCBoy

Reaction score
Again avoiding the real Elephant in the room.....Lombardi couldn't win with that QB you have in your signature photo..................enough of the Dak-executions already!!!!

Piss on your own shoes, stud...

Triplets is still a term needing clarification, for YOUR information, wise guy.

You bored by facts ALL THE TIME?

You sure don't discuss them...wonder why?:popcorn:

That very question is STILL at issue!!!

For you alone...this is about opportunity for Jason Garrett.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
If Garrett ever felt some pressure in his position as head coach...well, it would be right now. Right now is the most pitiful offensive production during the era of Jerry Jones...culminated in this past game in Seattle. For anyone not seeking solice in a number of explain away reasons, that was a culmination of ten games of futile offensive effort shown by the Dallas Cowboys. Blame it on the offensive line; blame it on a 4th round selected quarterback; blame it on receivers and tight ends with absolutely no hybred fiber in the lot; or an injury demon attacking the Dallas Cowboys alone...choose what ever shadow one wants to hide in, but the deal is this: Responsibility rests upon the desk of Jason Garrett.

One can not delegate responsibility for complete and total scheme failure beyond the shoulders responsible for that actionable status - Jason Garrett.

The one thing he can not attempt to do, is delegate the responsibility for failure onto anyone's shoulders but his own. It has been the working philosophy for Jason to live to fight another day, but now, he has run out of days to run. The truth of the matter is this, the bread crumb trail now leads to his own front porch. He can either seize the bull by the horns, or get run over. His day of reckoning, or even destiny, is NOW!

Jason was originally brought aboard, to be an Offensive Coordinator. If he didn't learn his task well, then Jerry has, without doubt, pushed the wrong horse into the starting gates...from the start.

Now is the time, for Jason to stand up and be counted for as a plus for the Dallas Cowboys! He can remain a mystery that is seen clapping his hands along the sidelines...and continue to delegate to another, the excuses, or take charge himself. It's time to start showing some dominance, not a generalized survival ability to outrun a certain amount of excuses.

What is it that I suggest here? I without change, suggest that Jason assume play calling and confront the ghosts in the closet. Calahan's professional relationship with him, does not walk on his own toes as Head Coach. What could be worse, than the proven directions taken by the team, with the same person calling the show...and that not resting at the top.

Assume your role Garrett, or end up with a show that rates below the Cowboys very first season in - on the carpet success. At least then, the team had very little legitimate talent to put on the field.

The ball is in your court, Jason, whether you are brave enough to grab it or not...
Holy **** I agree with you. Think we stumbled into the twilight zone

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Piss on your own shoes, stud...

Triplets is still a term needing clarification, for YOUR information, wise guy.

You bored by facts ALL THE TIME?

You sure don't discuss them...wonder why?:popcorn:

That very question is STILL at issue!!!

For you alone...this is about opportunity for Jason Garrett.

Fact # 1 Dak STINKS.
Fact # 2 Dak STINKS.
Fact # 3 Dak STINKS.
Fact # 4 so does our offense.......

Now you keep posting them stats of crazy and trust me less and less are following your gibberish support of one if not the worst QB in the NFL today.....Dak Prescott....

Eddie

Reaction score
Which top notched coach will come here and work under Jerry Jones ???

CCBoy

Reaction score
Fact # 1 Dak STINKS.
Fact # 2 Dak STINKS.
Fact # 3 Dak STINKS.
Fact # 4 so does our offense.......

Now you keep posting them stats of crazy and trust me less and less are following your gibberish support of one if not the worst QB in the NFL today.....Dak Prescott....

If it rains, it must fall...if it rains, it must fall...if it rains, it must fall...

Responsibility, Son... but wait:

:muttley:....:muttley:...:muttley:~:facepalm:

One isn't protected by a self-imposed stupid stance...don't like my view, stay the hell away from it. And don't feign board monitor as an additional duty of YOURS.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
We know what we have in Garrett and we know what we have in the Jones boys. Im not going to turn every thread into a "bash Garrett" theme.

Lets see what he does next week.

CCBoy

Reaction score
We know what we have in Garrett and we know what we have in the Jones boys. Im not going to turn every thread into a "bash Garrett" theme.

Lets see what he does next week.

Target...there is still opportunity, even if alternatives seem jumbled at present. Easy? Not at all, although...but if one doesn't take note of alternatives, then he is limited by his desired expectations alone.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
You ever read those stories of NFL coaches visiting college coaches (or vice versa) in the offseason to study their schemes, talk football, swap ideas?

It was pretty routine a few years back for some of the top NFL coaches to spend a few days with Chip Kelly and pick his brain. Bill Belichick famously did it and incorporated many of his spread/no-huddle concepts into New England's game plan.

Have there ever been ANY reports of supposed offensive whiz-kid Jason Garrett doing such a thing? Expanding his horizons, visiting successful coaches and studying their techniques?

I can't say with certainty it's never happened, but I've definitely never heard of him doing it.
JG visited Jimmy out in the Keys once and Jimmy said all JG wanted to talk about was football and Jimmy wanted to fish and drink beer instead. So take it for what it is worth. He has visited Coach K numerous times. What JG got out of these is anybodies guess.

Verdict

Reaction score
My issue with Dez and Witten being gone are the clowns Dallas signed to replace them.

One has nothing to do with the other. Dez and Witten both needed to go. Whether or not you think the team has signed good players to replace them is a separate issue. Neither Dez nor Witten were worth anything at the end. They have zero "salvage value".

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You really gotta wonder if Tony would have lasted and if so, for how many games. He was getting knocked out of games quite often. I think we would have been in the same position.
would have been better for Dak. he needed to learn, instead even he thought he was ready. I am not pouring salt on wound, but they showed multiple clips of him in playing around with Garrett and Garrett was more accurate than him, at 50. and David Carr challenged him in another video and he has been out of NFL for years and he was hitting targets left and right and Dak missed every one of them. yeah, its all in fun and jest, but it tells you about his ability to get something so simple done...

CCBoy

Reaction score
Visiting with a basketball coach?

That explains a lot about the current state of our team.

basketball/football...a quick out

On a two defender side, put three receivers and that leaves one uncovered. If the defense adjusts with three defenders to the side...then run the ball.

Blake

Reaction score
kdDZYSO0_400x400.jpeg

Must've been the italian sub he had for lunch that day.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Garrett certainly went balls to the wall and put it all on the line for that spectacular 6-0 win to end last season. That amazing performance told Jerry everything he needed to know about his superstar HC.

- end sarcasm

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I believe this season will get to the point where Jason Garrett WILL throw someone under the bus. He may not get someone fired during the season, but he will throw someone's name out there and that will be what turns the team on him. Even 3 games in, anything short of a miraculous turnaround should get him fired and he knows it. Imagine going to work everyday, working the long *** hours these coaches work and KNOWING you're getting fired. He's gonna light someone up, watch. He already tried to blame the D against Carolina.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Come on Carrot top you can do it. 4-12 and we get this guy. Its your only hope.

I support this 100%. I have been pushing this guy since the season started. Get this kid and a new set of offensive coaches and the offseason is gravy!