Am I the only cowboys fan who didnt watch the 1995 SB between SF/SD?

cowboysfan99

Reaction score
I slightly remember watching it, but wasn't paying too much attention. I've only missed two Super Bowls since I started watching football as a little kid in the late 80s. I was at basic training during the Bucs-Raiders game and at my mom's wake during the Packers-Steelers.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I didn't watch it. Too painful

That was supposed to be 3rd in a row for us.
I bet. Layed 21 pts.
Game was in hand. Then chargers looked like they would score garbage TD and kill my spread.

I was shifting bricks in last quarter. Lol

Won $1500
Steve Young STILL sends Jerry Jones Christmas cards. If not for Jerry. Steve retires with 0 SB wins.

lost $500 following year with cowboys vs Steelers in sbxxx.
Won by 10 spread was 17 I believe.
I was never so happy about losing bet because I wanted SB win over stealers more

ICP

Reaction score
I didn't watch either. Hate the Whiners and haven't watched a single SB they have been in. Although I probably should have watched the last two since they got their tails handed to em.

Mannix

Reaction score
The commercials are TERRIBLE....they are all tough to watch, and only serve to increase my hatred for Booger.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I haven't watched a full game Superbowl or not, that didn't have the Cowboys playing in it since I have been an adult. I have better things to do but I make an exception when the Boys are playing. I will not watch this SB either, I haven't watched a game since the final game of the season. I did catch the last 2 minutes of the GB game last night as I was waiting on my dinner.. just long enough to be left in shock for the decision to kick the FG..

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I didn't watch either. I was already sick and tired of the 49ers in the 80s. At least we had their number in the 90s except for that one aberration.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Im getting that same feeling again and would not have any interest in seeing the Bills get blown out by Tampa and rather not watch. I knew back in 1995 that the chargers had no shot of beating the niners and wasnt no point in watching the game. Its looking like that may be the case again and I know the bucs would be favored vs the bills

I remember that game...always will.

Motorola

Reaction score
I didn't watch either. Hate the Whiners and haven't watched a single SB they have been in. Although I probably should have watched the last two since they got their tails handed to em.
Fell behind by a significant amount in SBLVII, but battled back to lose by 3, 34-31.
Last year -- had a double digit \ double the score lead 20 -10 until 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter (yes--that was an utter collapse).
Don't think either defeat qualifies as 'they got their tails handed to em'.

Bottom line -- with 4 NFC Championship games (2011-13, 2019 seasons) and two Super Bowl appearances in a (2012 & 2019 seasons) ----the 49ers have been doing more trying to get their 6th Lombardi Trophy than the Cowboys.

Reactions: ICP

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didnt watch it and havent watched a complete SB since Cowboys last appearence.....couldnt stand to watch the media kiss Youngs A**....
You know who Steve Young's hero was growing up? Roger Staubach.

I always at least start watching the Super Bowl, even if one team is heavily favored There have been upsets, so why not at least give it a chance? I can always stop watching later if it turns out to be a lopsided game.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Super Bowl LV is the KANSAS CITY CHIEFS vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
And...I watched that Chargers-49ers SB just to see how much SF would beat down SD.
I thought I was the only old man here. I miss real football

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
I don’t watch any of them that we aren’t a part of.
25 years and counting!

JayFord

Reaction score
I always go for the AFC in the superbowl if Dallas isnt in it

This year i dont know who to go for because i like both Brady and Mahomes

kmp77

Reaction score
I watched it. I watch every Super Bowl. Chargers were totally mismatched! I'll have to go back and look to see if there was even a team that may give SF a better game.

bigE79

Reaction score
Im getting that same feeling again and would not have any interest in seeing the Bills get blown out by Tampa and rather not watch. I knew back in 1995 that the chargers had no shot of beating the niners and wasnt no point in watching the game. Its looking like that may be the case again and I know the bucs would be favored vs the bills
I didn't,and I won't.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
I'm not watching it this year. Im tired of the media and Mahomes honestly. Is he good? Yes but im sick and tired of the way they hype him up. That must be the reason other fan bases hate us too I guess.

DFWJC

Reaction score
bucs chiefs should be epic

however if TB12 throw's 3 pics they have zero shot..
For don't want to give Mahomes extra possessions.

Depends on if an int is more of a punt substitute.
Unless it's returned, a deep interception on 3rd down is the same as a punt.