Am I the only one who doesnt want VanderDrunk?

daab23

Reaction score
Nors said:
bryant is another guy cut all over the place - please show me any kicker close to Vanderjacks career 88% fg conversion. CLOSE
All I will EVER remember about the guy is his pathtic misses in the Post Season.

Did you watch the Ind-Pit AFC Championship game?

Can you say WAY wide right, from the left hash mark no less.

:bang2:

Q_the_man

Reaction score
he missed one FG, oh well, manning threw for 50 TDs where is he at...everybody or almost everyone in this league has choked at some point in their careers, why else 90% of the players have no rings

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Nors said:
Funny - for such a drinker he is one of the most accurate placekickers to have ever played in the NFL.

What a bunch of second guessers. What would satisify you at kicker exactly?

I'm with ya on that one Nors.

Kicks well only in a domed stadium? Hmmm. I wonder if anyone remembers that game a couple of seasons ago at Mile High Stadium in the snow when Vandy booted a game winner from a substantial distance? ;)

I'll take Mike any day. He'd be an instant upgrade over all of the other mediocre kickers we have brought in since our glory days. And that's a fact!

Catch-22

Reaction score
daab23 said:
All I will EVER remember about the guy is his pathtic misses in the Post Season.

Did you watch the Ind-Pit AFC Championship game?

Can you say WAY wide right, from the left hash mark no less.

:bang2:
I didn't realize we were in a position of luxury to choose between the vast open sea that is kickers available in free agency.

bobtheflob

Reaction score
Just think about it this way. Would you rather have a kicker who has a big mouth, has a drinking problem, doesn't kick off, has a huge ego, and is more comfortable in a dome... or Jose Cortez?

Obviously just about everyone would rather have Vinatieri, but at this point I just want to be sure that we get someone who isn't a complete washout.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
I am not 100% sure but I think Vj is the most accurate kicker in NFL history with over a certain amount of kicks

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Vanderjact is a great kicker. For that reason, I'd like to see him here. However, realistically speaking, he doesn't seem like a great fit given his "history" and the fact he doesn't kick off.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm fine with him if that is who we get. The only problem is on kickoffs. Another roster spot just for a kick off guy is a tough one to take.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Dallas is a close to a dome as there is. And he's kicked outdoors plenty.

He's our kicker last year we make playoffs. And at career 90% - I'll take my chances in postseason too.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Fletch said:
I'm with ya on that one Nors.

Kicks well only in a domed stadium? Hmmm. I wonder if anyone remembers that game a couple of seasons ago at Mile High Stadium in the snow when Vandy booted a game winner from a substantial distance? ;)

I'll take Mike any day. He'd be an instant upgrade over all of the other mediocre kickers we have brought in since our glory days. And that's a fact!

Hey Fletch

All I know is that with the game on the line.... in the playoffs.... chance to advance to next round... I WANT ADAM... not Vander....

Ask yourself this? How are you gonna feel when he shanks it hard right?
I would much rather have the Mariano Rivera of FG's up there kicking it.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
You guys act like we have real choices here. Helloooo? We don't. At the end of the day AV goes back to NE. He earns 1m a year there in endorsements and is close to an icon there. He'd have to be bowled over to leave. So get off that please.

Which leaves what choices? There are no draft prospects rated as higher than a 7th round pick. Suisham? Please. We are screwed on the kicker front. It's fine and dandy to run down Vandy but he's a kicker with a track record that's hard to match. The fact that he doesn't kick off is a negative for sure. But again if not Vandy, who? And don't say AV because it ain't happening.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Its a dome like field.

Vanderjack nails almost 90% of his kicks. Yes - he sucks. LOL

We sign a bunch of bottom feeders and they cost us playoffs. Ok - lets do that again!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
We sign Vanderjack I'll do cart flips in Fannuel Hall!

Another season of Suisham, Cortez and injued Cundiif will drive me daffy.

And there are lunkheads convincing themselves despite a90% conversion % on hundreds of NFL kicks that he sucks.

Lock up AdamV or Vanferjack now - there is really no excuse other than cheapness.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Nors said:
We sign Vanderjack I'll do cart flips in Fannuel Hall!

I know you want whats best for Dallas as do we all.... BUT.... you will do "cart flips" if we sign him.... what will you do when he blows the game for us... "skydiving without a parashoot"?

I just dont want to stress out over kickers again... I want Adam.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
YoMick said:
He never has away games in domes??? hmmm... really I didnt know that :confused:

You're right. How could I forget the other 4 domes!:rolleyes: Last year he was 12-13 indoors and 11-12 outdoors. That won't work. Let's stick with Suisham.