Am I the only one worn out after this season?

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
Well this team is a beating. That mess last night was so predictable. I figured they would miss the FG anyway and if they hit it they would just give up another one to Seattle. I never, ever felt that they had a legit shot at winning that game. If Romo had scored a TD the defense would have given up one to Seattle-all they had to do was get Roy or James hooked up on Stevens and it would have been sayonara.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Parcells is absolutely the problem. If it's the coaches' fault, who hired them? Who kept Zimmer for 4 years, even after he switched to a scheme Zimmer didn't know? Who selected these players that make key mistakes and start to melt come December?

It all falls at the feet of Parcells. The state of the team is simply the collective result of the decisions he's made here since 2003. And those decisions add up to 9-8.

Reaction score
I'm totally drained as well.

I feel like I was kicked in the nads and the pain won't go away.

I probably won't watch another down of football this season.

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
I dont know how im even mustering up the energy to wacth these games today. I couldnt sleep last night, that's how disgusted i was. I need a break.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
Hostile;1297034 said:
No Rack, you're not alone at all. When it was over last night I remember being discouraged and somehow relieved at the same time. The roller coaster ride is fun, but it can wear you out. I hate that I got my hopes so as to predict we'd run the table, see the talent for that to happen, and leave games on the field like we did. It's beyond discouraging.

There are solvable situations with this team. I truly believe that. I also believe the players were in place for much better results than this. From the time the Saints came marching it we were on a one way trip to discouragement.

Yup, it's like your head knows, but your heart takes over and ignores reality. I have not been able to 5 mins straight without thinking about last nights game.

RxMan

Reaction score
My wife, who doesn't take it nearly as serious as me commented that the season just wasn't as fun as some of the others...more discouraging than exciting and I agree. It seemed like there was a cloud of impending doom hanging over our heads the whole year. Come to think of it, there was.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Man, I guess I wasn't the only guy feeling that way. I am relieved somewhat too. Like someone else pointed out, several times this year, I questioned my loyalty to Cowboys or for that fact NFL.

But I was pretty sure I would back to my same old self of obsessing about Cowboys in a week or so. It didn't even take that long.

It was and has been a big drain this year. I hope next year, its not this draining. And I am ready for a change at least on DC. If not that, I would like Parcells to let Zimmer be aggressive and if he is not, force him to be, if Zimmer were to remain DC.

cowboys4life

Reaction score
yeah i agree man it was a pretty draining season and agree with pretty much everything you said...zimmer seems to turn the talent we have to into nothing...and make them look plain ordinary....

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
This is what happens when a coach plays to not lose. We should have won this game by 20. But instead we play for field goals. I am worn out by the losing, not the season. I could of lasted another week.

jimmy40

Reaction score
I thought Bledsoe would start every game and we'd be 8-8 and miss the playoffs. I'm really not drained at all.

btw: Hows the Charger coming along? Time for a new pic?

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
worse part of yesterday was I helped my folks the three days prior move out of their house of 30 years.

It was myself,my 60 year old mother and 65 year old father... so guess who did the heavy lifting.

I was hurting from head to toe, and I had three beers in my fridge when the game started. I live in a dry county so I was already in a bad mood.

As the game went on I got more and more tense to the point I was screaming at the screen on the last play. Jumping up and down with the empty beer can I had been holding for about thirty minutes. I almost cried.

It hurt, this season was like a failed marraige, up times and down times, when it was good it was the best ever but when we fell it crushed me. To be honest I don't think I would want it any other way.

Other than no more falling and maybe a few more beers.

MS17

Reaction score
This season seemed to end, last night, with a whimper, and not a bang as we earlier thought it might. A relatively injury-free Cowboys team, losing to a riddled Seahawks team with players off the street in the cobbled together secondary.
Reminds me what Parcells said his first season here..."this game's a killer, and it will kill you, no doubt about it."

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
i pretty much agree with the entire post

(which is a rarity)

Rack;1296544 said:
For the first time ever, I feel drained from watching the cowboys this year. I feel worse from WATCHING them play this year then I did in any of the last 3 seasons of semi-pro ball where I was actually PLAYING.

I'm just extremely emotionally drained. I didn't even get upset at the botched snap. I had nothing left. And quite frankly, it didn't even surprise me. I figured we'd find a way to give the game away at that point.

The problem isn't Parcells. You people crying about him need to jump in a cactus pit, naked and with lemon juice all over you. Seriously.

The biggest problems IMO (in no particular order):

1. Dropped passes from our #1 WR. Great players make the great plays, and a minimum amount of bad plays. TO was not great this season.

2. Inexperience at QB. The 3 years on the bench helped him to prepare for the NFL, but he isn't fully developed. It's sort of like teaching your kid to ride a bike with training wheels for 3 months before you take them off and let him go. Yes he no longer needs the training wheels, but it doesn't mean he'll be entering any "extreme" sport deals any time soon.

3. OL. Way too inconsistent. If you'd told me the seahawks would stop MBIII in short yardage situations twice, I'd of laughed at you. It wasn't his fault, no hole and the OL actually got pushed BACKWARDS. Do those losers even push the sled anymore?

4. Untimely penalties and/or turnovers. Witten's fumble was huge yesterday. You can't be a "Big time" player and make stupid careless plays like that in a PLAYOFF game. Same goes for the drops (Glenn and TO).

5. Zimmer. Nuff said. No doubt in my mind our D has the talent to be top 3 (and I"m not taking about the useless yards per game ranking. I'm talking about dominance, and yards per game don't measure dominance, necessarily).

Defensively I think we have the players in place - although Steven Jackson for JuJo and Spears is heavily NOT in our favor at the moment. DL is fine. Could be better, w/o Zimmer. LBs are ok, although I'd like to replace James with someone that has a decent amount of lateral movement and can also get down the middle of the freakin' field when we call cover 2. CBs are fine, and FS is our only weakness and I think with a good DCoord, Watkins would be fine.

We need to focus on OL in FA or the draft. We need to throw the kitchen sink at that area in the draft. Hope like hell one of them (or more) turns into something decent.

I don't look forward to the offseason. Washington is proof that it's worthless to get excited about it.

Anyway, I'm just relieved the season's over. The way the team had been playing gave me no inspiration to watch them. I think I watched just cuz it's what I always do. But I don't get excited about watching them play anymore. And really, I think the biggest reason is Zimmer. I'm tired of watching that group underachieve. After 7 years you have to stop blamign the players, and look at the coach. The only constant the last 7 years with that group has been Zimmer. Even the year the D was ranked #4 in the NFL (2001 I think) I said he had to go. I don't care what the yards per game were, it was obvious the style of play would never lead to a championship caliber defense.

I liken Zimmer's style to that of trying to hold water in your hand. You have to kind of just hold your hand stiff and not move, and if you get to aggressive and squeeze your hand, the water spills out. We need a DCoord that puts the water in a pot and boils it till it's completely evaporated.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
jimmy40;1297688 said:
I thought Bledsoe would start every game and we'd be 8-8 and miss the playoffs. I'm really not drained at all.

btw: Hows the Charger coming along? Time for a new pic?

Well, 9-8 is so much better. :D

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
We all have an addiction with no cure. The only possible cure would be a super bowl win, and that would only last like a week before we start worrying about next season. Man even after all this, I still love the Cowboys.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
Rack;1296544 said:
For the first time ever, I feel drained from watching the cowboys this year. I feel worse from WATCHING them play this year then I did in any of the last 3 seasons of semi-pro ball where I was actually PLAYING.

I'm just extremely emotionally drained. I didn't even get upset at the botched snap. I had nothing left. And quite frankly, it didn't even surprise me. I figured we'd find a way to give the game away at that point.

The problem isn't Parcells. You people crying about him need to jump in a cactus pit, naked and with lemon juice all over you. Seriously.

The biggest problems IMO (in no particular order):

1. Dropped passes from our #1 WR. Great players make the great plays, and a minimum amount of bad plays. TO was not great this season.

2. Inexperience at QB. The 3 years on the bench helped him to prepare for the NFL, but he isn't fully developed. It's sort of like teaching your kid to ride a bike with training wheels for 3 months before you take them off and let him go. Yes he no longer needs the training wheels, but it doesn't mean he'll be entering any "extreme" sport deals any time soon.

3. OL. Way too inconsistent. If you'd told me the seahawks would stop MBIII in short yardage situations twice, I'd of laughed at you. It wasn't his fault, no hole and the OL actually got pushed BACKWARDS. Do those losers even push the sled anymore?

4. Untimely penalties and/or turnovers. Witten's fumble was huge yesterday. You can't be a "Big time" player and make stupid careless plays like that in a PLAYOFF game. Same goes for the drops (Glenn and TO).

5. Zimmer. Nuff said. No doubt in my mind our D has the talent to be top 3 (and I"m not taking about the useless yards per game ranking. I'm talking about dominance, and yards per game don't measure dominance, necessarily).

Defensively I think we have the players in place - although Steven Jackson for JuJo and Spears is heavily NOT in our favor at the moment. DL is fine. Could be better, w/o Zimmer. LBs are ok, although I'd like to replace James with someone that has a decent amount of lateral movement and can also get down the middle of the freakin' field when we call cover 2. CBs are fine, and FS is our only weakness and I think with a good DCoord, Watkins would be fine.

We need to focus on OL in FA or the draft. We need to throw the kitchen sink at that area in the draft. Hope like hell one of them (or more) turns into something decent.

I don't look forward to the offseason. Washington is proof that it's worthless to get excited about it.

Anyway, I'm just relieved the season's over. The way the team had been playing gave me no inspiration to watch them. I think I watched just cuz it's what I always do. But I don't get excited about watching them play anymore. And really, I think the biggest reason is Zimmer. I'm tired of watching that group underachieve. After 7 years you have to stop blamign the players, and look at the coach. The only constant the last 7 years with that group has been Zimmer. Even the year the D was ranked #4 in the NFL (2001 I think) I said he had to go. I don't care what the yards per game were, it was obvious the style of play would never lead to a championship caliber defense.

I liken Zimmer's style to that of trying to hold water in your hand. You have to kind of just hold your hand stiff and not move, and if you get to aggressive and squeeze your hand, the water spills out. We need a DCoord that puts the water in a pot and boils it till it's completely evaporated.
Count me as drained as well. I'm spent.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only reason I'm not worn out is because I had no expecations whatsoever. Then, Bledsoe got benched and all was well...............until our own former coach exposed our defense and the rest was not just down hill, but downhill at lightening speed (defensively)........a team doesn't recover from that......it's scheme/player combo that can't be helped mid-season so............no, no "worn out'' feeling here.

It is a little irritating knowing we still have serious OL problems for the 5th year in a row.....................

rynochop

Reaction score
Definitely worn out....Although, am I the only one that thought even if we make that FG, Seattle wouldn't just drive down to within range and win it anyway with time running out.

Romo shouldnt have even been put in that position to fail.

I'm sure its been discussed, but, the only other worse play I can think of to run at your own 2 or whatever is a reverse. *** was that WR screen to Glenn??? :confused:

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
rynochop;1298123 said:
Definitely worn out....Although, am I the only one that thought even if we make that FG, Seattle wouldn't just drive down to within range and win it anyway with time running out.

I'm sure its been discussed, but, the only other worse play I can think of to run at your own 2 or whatever is a reverse. *** was that WR screen to Glenn??? :confused:

It was a HORRIBLE call. This team is such a mess it's it's not even funny.

But let's not try to make it better because someday Bill will be in the HOF...............ugh................ignorance.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
rynochop;1298123 said:

I had no problem with that play call. And it completely contradicts people saying BP played "Not to lose". The playcall was perfect. I had no confidence we'd be able to run out from the 1 yard line. The CB was playing off, giving Glenn lots of cushion. If Glenn doesn't fumble he breaks that tackle and gets a first down. If we'd just ran it 3 times and punted, THEN BP could be accused of playing "not to lose".

Glenn just screwed up at the worst time. Same with Romo. Same with James/Roy, although I've seen too many opposing TEs/WRs score (or get a big play) on us right down the middle of our cover 2 defense, and the only constant I can think of is James being the one trailing.