Amari Cooper isn’t worth the money

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I love Coop but i agree your one cant go MIA every time you play a top corner. Not sure if that is by design or not. Would be garrett-esk to tell him he’s a decoy today.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Just wanted to add that Cooper did catch a 15 yard pass in the third quarter, but it was wiped out by Tyron's holding penalty on 3rd down.

He was only targeted twice, once in the 3rd that was wiped out by penalty and a 20 yarder in the 4th, when it was reversed by the official because the ball hit the ground on 4th down.

Last edited:

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Well one thing is for sure...Dallas sucks in bad weather,so they got a ceiling to break.

khiladi

Reaction score
Here we go, putting blame on people that don’t deserve it. He was getting shadowed by the best CB in the league. He had a catch taken from him because of Tyron’s holding. He attempted to make (what I thought was a catch) at the end of the game. Pats have the best secondary in the league. Winning through the passing game shouldn’t have been the gameplan in the first place. Especially in the cold rain. With him being injured. All of those things add up to him having one terrible game. Quit overreacting over one of the best players on our roster.

I read a quote from Amari himself, who said he knew it wasn’t a catch.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Here we go, putting blame on people that don’t deserve it. He was getting shadowed by the best CB in the league. He had a catch taken from him because of Tyron’s holding. He attempted to make (what I thought was a catch) at the end of the game. Pats have the best secondary in the league. Winning through the passing game shouldn’t have been the gameplan in the first place. Especially in the cold rain. With him being injured. All of those things add up to him having one terrible game. Quit overreacting over one of the best players on our roster.

Yep...focus should have been the running game and using Dak's legs to extend drives throughout the game....

giphy.gif

khiladi

Reaction score
If Dak had ran the ball more and it was more a focus by Moore in this game, I think we get at least one TD on them. When Dak ran the first time and didn't get the first down, they were celebrating like kids. They knew, it was the one thing they really can't account for on a consistent basis. The Ravens proved that already this year. Yet, we never used Dak the way Moore should have in this game IMO....alas coaching again.

Lamar is on a different level running the ball as a QB and making a defense pay with his arm when he does scramble.

The Natural

Reaction score
You gotta decide how much you want to pay a guy that doesnt show up in cold road games, you know, the most important ones.

foofighters

Reaction score
Big time players are supposed to show up in big time games.

Amari had the same amount of catches I did: 0.

Paying him would only add to the many mistakes made by Jerry in the last 23 years
You don’t have the eggs the layout like he did on that last pass. You’d have just made a business decision and waved your arms out. That’s even if you get out of the blocks at the LOS.

khiladi

Reaction score
Cooper will get paid on the market wherever he goes. If Dallas wants to keep him, they aren’t in any real bargaining position to set a lower price.

khiladi

Reaction score
Oh, I agree about Lamar being more dangerous running with the ball.
Still, we could have used Dak more and picked up some 3rd downs to at least get in FG range more etc.

I think the coaches have made it a point of emphasis him to stick in the pocket, because of the deep, developing pass routes they Are relying on, especially with the way the pass blocking is up front.

He’s probably reacting with that in mind nowadays.

I agree though he needs to use his legs more situationally.

khiladi

Reaction score
Not an elite QB, wants to be paid as one. It makes way more sense to get picks and save money at the same time. If they pay him, that money has to come from somewhere. He isn't going to win with a worse team.

Dak isn’t leaving this OL if he knows what’s best for him. QBs would kill to play behind this line. If we are set on keeping him, I’d franchise him a year and draft another QB honestly, feelings of Dak be damned.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Dak isn’t leaving this OL if he knows what’s best for him. QBs would kill to play behind this line. If we are set on keeping him, I’d franchise him a year and draft another QB honestly, feelings of Dak be damned.

There is no way a smart coach comes in here and thinks to himself, this guy beat up on bad teams, teams let him pass, dare him to pass to beat them, still fail to win, and I should tie my career to him.

You trade him and hope someone is willing to give you a lot of picks for him. You draft yourself another QB.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Should not have traded a first round pick for him and then not re-signed him.

Expensive rental. Should have traded both him and Dak before the trade deadline.

Imagine if the Cowboys would have traded Cooper and the Eagles or another NFC team currently in the playoff race picked them up and he was that added piece that propelled them to a Superbowl. I'm sure that the same ones who said that Amari should be traded would be bashing the front office if they had listened to their suggestion of trading Cooper. Just like I'm sure that some would turn around and bash the front office if Dak got traded away and thrived under a better coach else where. While the next promising young Cowboys QB, who some Cowboys fans dream of replacing Dak gets held back by Jason Garrett. :facepalm:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You can not just look at stats to see how effective cooper is. Cooper allows others the opportunity to step up in 1 on 1 situations.

MikeB80

Reaction score
neither is the quarterback.

I am hoping since the quarterback loves Garrett so much he follows him wherever he goes and Dallas can allow a new staff to do a rebuild. Change the defense, move some veterans and put a plan together to be good within three years.

This team is going to pay a non worthy quarterback right when the offensive line is about to get old and the defense is going to lose a bunch of players on defense.

Just tear it down and rebuild.