Amari Cooper Out Until Week 1

eromeopolk

Reaction score
This is the obvious reported by ESPN.

I did not see them playing him if he was not ready for the 3rd Preseason game dress rehearsal.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If Amari isn't ready for week 1, it will be trouble for our Cowboys. We are already not going to have Zeke. There are only so many weapons that can be missing.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Which doesn't necessarily mean "Contract Ploy".

True but my thought is he is risking a lot by not getting a deal done ASAP.

I almost think Dak and Amari have a better chance of getting a deal done before Zeke because they both could be making significantly more then their current contract and if they don't sign they are risking a lot playing this season.

Zeke still has a great contract for a RB.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
True but my thought is he is risking a lot by not getting a deal done ASAP.

I almost think Dak and Amari have a better chance of getting a deal done before Zeke because they both could be making significantly more then their current contract and if they don't sign they are risking a lot playing this season.

Zeke still has a great contract for a RB.
Right on. You went with the "Click-Bait" phrasing.
I get it.

exciter

Reaction score
Hopefully Cooper is back by week 1. Plantar fasciitis tends to be a lingering injury. Not having Cooper worries me much more than not having Zeke.
Yup! Currently dealing with it for 2nd time in 10 years. Feels like I'm walking on a roofing rack for the last 2 months! Chances are he will be limited throughout the season!

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Yeah we'll see.

I think a lot of these "injuries" that are being reported around the league are just a way for vets to get out of practice.
I do too. Though who knows if that's the card Amari is playing or not.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Yup! Currently dealing with it for 2nd time in 10 years. Feels like I'm walking on a roofing rack for the last 2 months! Chances are he will be limited throughout the season!
I actually have plantar fascia.
It mainly sucks in the morning and at the end of the day.
You can stretch it out and deal with it, but I don't know how elite athletes in a "game of inches" deal with it.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
The way the Cowboys now work...wouldn't be surprised if he is out longer.
Hopefully Cooper is back by week 1. Plantar fasciitis tends to be a lingering injury. Not having Cooper worries me much more than not having Zeke.
This is a 2nd time he has dealt with this injury and it is a issue that may have him out longer. He played through the injury until he got concuss and a high ankle sprain in 2018. But that is not how you want to go into a free agent year. Either he waits, plays later in the season and takes the franchise tag next year, or he will be the next to sign a extension after Jaylon Smith knowing a bird in the hand is better two in the bush.
https://www.silverandblackpride.com...mari-cooper-was-out-there-playing-on-one-foot
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ari-cooper-foot-injury-affected-my-whole-game
https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/amari-cooper/7206

HungryLion

Reaction score
I actually have plantar fascia.
It mainly sucks in the morning and at the end of the day.
You can stretch it out and deal with it, but I don't know how elite athletes in a "game of inches" deal with it.

I agree with this.

Cooper probably won’t miss any games from
The issue. The question is, will it affect his speed and quickness?

I had plantar fasciitis. And it sucked when it got “cold”. After sleeping or sitting for time periods.

But once it was warmed up and stretched out. I felt fine, with maybe only very minor irritation. Didn’t affect my flexibility or movement at all.

Now I wasn’t playing NFL football on it. But I also wasnt receiving nfl quality rehab either.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah we'll see.

I think a lot of these "injuries" that are being reported around the league are just a way for vets to get out of practice.

I attend training camp in 92, 93 and 95 (and others).

Emmitt didn't practice much.