Video: Amari Cooper pass interference vs Marshon Lattimore

erod

Reaction score
They are calling a ton of offensive pass interference this year. It's a point of emphasis.

I love it. For too long, receivers got away with pretty much anything and the defensive backs could breath wrong.

This wasn't a good call, but I like the evenness of offensive and defensive pass interference right now.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They are calling a ton of offensive pass interference this year. It's a point of emphasis.

I love it. For too long, receivers got away with pretty much anything and the defensive backs could breath wrong.

This wasn't a good call, but I like the evenness of offensive and defensive pass interference right now.

Michael Irvin would not have had a career if they called this in the 90's.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
I can understand what the refs may have thought they saw during full speed action. No sense in challenging it though. Have they overturned any PI challenges this year?

The second one definitely should've been defensive PI or at least holding.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Two bunk calls against Cooper. I don't think the Refs even know what PI is anymore. The NFL has gone so overboard with penalties, it's ridiculous.. They call only the complete obvious and blatant calls. Let the players play and ball it out.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Sorry, but does anyone have video that doesn't stop-start, stop-start? How about just showing the plays and then trying to break them down. Jeez.

Last edited:

Blackspider214

Reaction score

You love the refs getting even more involved with the game? Yeah, forget that. They are draining this game already. Giving them more to look for will make it worse. With anything being a point of emphasis, it will now be called just because they feel they need to reach a quota. It is ridiculous. That was a god awful flag. Cooper was trying to get away from Lattimore's hug. Something they allowed NO to do all night. Either let it go or call it on defense.

Hot_Toddy

Reaction score
Two bunk calls against Cooper. I don't think the Refs even know what PI is anymore. The NFL has gone so overboard with penalties, it's ridiculous.. They call only the complete obvious and blatant calls. Let the players play and ball it out.

I've seen too many garbage calls in the last 2 games by the refs. If they attempt to throw any more ticky-tack flags...then:

It's time to send our special teams on the field, chase the refs down and play a game of flag football by grabbing those yellow flags out of their pockets.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I posted on the game chat that the first PI call on Amari was BS. On the second PI call later in the game Amari clearly pushed off causing the defender to fall, that was an offensive PI.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I posted on the game chat that the first PI call on Amari was BS. On the second PI call later in the game Amari clearly pushed off causing the defender to fall, that was an offensive PI.

He pushed off trying to get out of a hold. You either let it go or call it on defense. I vote for letting it go. Nothing wrong with letting guys use their hands to establish position. Had that penalty been let go, that drive is much different. Being pushed back 10 yards was killer with no timeouts.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
He pushed off trying to get out of a hold. You either let it go or call it on defense. I vote for letting it go. Nothing wrong with letting guys use their hands to establish position. Had that penalty been let go, that drive is much different. Being pushed back 10 yards was killer with no timeouts.
Bingo. Be nice if the NFL would let the players on the field decide some of these games. Especially these close ones. I knew Dallas was doomed in that game as soon as I heard Collinsworth or AL say " Payton was happy that so and so ref was officiating this game".

Proof

Reaction score
Sorry, but does anyone have video that doesn't stop-start, stop-start? How about just showing the plays and then trying to break them down. Jeez.

seriously. zero reason for the video to be 7 minutes long

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Bingo. Be nice if the NFL would let the players on the field decide some of these games. Especially these close ones. I knew Dallas was doomed in that game as soon as I heard Collinsworth or AL say " Payton was happy that so and so ref was officiating this game".

Some think the league will bend over backwards because they know they got it wrong in the NFC title game (even though that was not even close to why they lost). I don't know if I feel that way but the refs were terrible. And the league changed a rule for them allowing PI to be reviewable. The biggest for me was the call standing on the Zeke fumble when he was clearly down. Like no doubt about it. What is the point of even having instant replay if you won't get it right?

Bowdown27

Reaction score

I agree with you. There was a lot of bad calls on Sunday. For and against us. The drops and fumbles killed us. But also the fact the officiating crew is 13-1 when doing saints game

aikemirv

Reaction score
The sad part really is this. They call some for the littlest of things like this one but will not call one on a challenge even if pretty blatant . ie GB vs Philly

Makes no sense at all!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

You can’t allow a receiver to push a defender down to free themselves. That’s what Amari did on the second PI call. The push off caused the defender the fall to the ground. Had the defender not fallen to the ground on the second PI Amari might have gotten away with it. The defender falling drew the foul.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Both were Defensive PI or better yet just let them both play and dont call anything. Lame refs. No wonder NO was happy about who was ref the game. Double digit wins with that officiating and 1 loss?