Video: Amari Cooper pass interference vs Marshon Lattimore

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But he has constant contact with Cooper and even the initial grab seems beyond 5 yards as @xwalker pointed out.

The ref being right there, unfortunately, gives me less faith he was right. Just better opportunity to justify the very minor push(as you said) that he could hardly see.

Bottom line. I don’t see how you can let him hang all over him then call that.

In the preseason it seemed that very few pass interference type challenges were overturned.

However, that play might have had a chance to be overturned because it's difficult for the ref to see everything that happened on those type of issues.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
In the preseason it seemed that very few pass interference type challenges were overturned.

However, that play might have had a chance to be overturned because it's difficult for the ref to see everything that happened on those type of issues.
Good point and I hope Garrett realizes that. Most are judgement calls strictly about contact. This was about contact after the 5 yards.

It seems much more likely they’d overturn that and not feel they’re undercutting the ref on the field or whatever it is that’s seemingly making them unwilling to overturn pi’s.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looks to me that Lattimore makes contact around the 38. Cooper begins to push him back at the 39 and pushes him off around the 40. Cooper can fight back within the 5-yard range but he can't push off and immediately turn back and catch the ball. That's offensive PI. If Cooper had simply slapped Lattimore's hand away, nothing would have been called. He didn't. He extended into him to shove him off and then turned and made the catch.

As I just wrote in another post, the official was right there where what happened was easy to see. Of course, officials don't get everything right, but I think that was a pretty easy call to make.

Lattimore extends his hand/arm into Cooper and keeps it there until Cooper extends his arm(s).

Cooper has to be allowed to contact Lattimore if Lattimore has his hand on Cooper at the time.

Regardless of when Lattimore first contacted Cooper, he keeps his hand on Cooper until Cooper's front foot is almost on the 40 yardline.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Regardless of whether you're a Cowboys fan or not, that game was horribly officiated. Referees destroyed the game. Even with Jason Garrett/Cowboy ineptitude aside, it was an awful game to watch. If I'd have had no rooting interest in the game, I'd have turned it.

khiladi

Reaction score

They called a ticky tack on Lattimore at 9:22 where Cooper initiated the contact and that sealed the game for the Cowboys. What is Lattimore suppose to do there in the ‘bang bang’ play?

The Cowboys had like a 6-2 advantage going into the half in penalties called, meaning the Saints has more penalties called against them by far throughout the whole first half this game.

They didn’t give the Saints the Jaylon hit on TB, even though he had given himself up by sliding.