Video: Amari Cooper pass interference vs Marshon Lattimore

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Some think the league will bend over backwards because they know they got it wrong in the NFC title game (even though that was not even close to why they lost). I don't know if I feel that way but the refs were terrible. And the league changed a rule for them allowing PI to be reviewable. The biggest for me was the call standing on the Zeke fumble when he was clearly down. Like no doubt about it. What is the point of even having instant replay if you won't get it right?[/QUOTE

Yeah, the Zeke call was ridiculous. Helen Keller could see he was down. I still believe the refs gave the Saints some payback at the expense of the Cowboys in regards to last year and this year's screw up when the Saints played the Rams. Clearly Goff fumbled that ball. Took 6 away from the Saints.

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
they were both BS as was Zeke's "fumble." It was all to make sure the Cowboys lose

erod

Reaction score
Both were Defensive PI or better yet just let them both play and dont call anything. Lame refs. No wonder NO was happy about who was ref the game. Double digit wins with that officiating and 1 loss?
The refs are calling what the league and coaches are telling them to call.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Two bunk calls against Cooper. I don't think the Refs even know what PI is anymore. The NFL has gone so overboard with penalties, it's ridiculous.. They call only the complete obvious and blatant calls. Let the players play and ball it out.
sure it was add in the EE Fumble we all saw wasn't..conspiracy..

they are making up for 2 yrs of bad calls on the saints that maybe put the saints in a sb..

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I think it was a textbook call. Cooper extended his arms to push Lattimore away, so it was offensive pass interference. If he had just knocked Lattimore's hands off him, then it wouldn't have been.

Officials allow handfighting between the receiver and defensive back without a call, but once that receiver extends his arms like that, it's going to be offensive PI.

foofighters

Reaction score
They are calling a ton of offensive pass interference this year. It's a point of emphasis.

I love it. For too long, receivers got away with pretty much anything and the defensive backs could breath wrong.

This wasn't a good call, but I like the evenness of offensive and defensive pass interference right now.
I don't love it. Let them play on both sides unless it's obvious. More football and less flags.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it was a textbook call. Cooper extended his arms to push Lattimore away, so it was offensive pass interference. If he had just knocked Lattimore's hands off him, then it wouldn't have been.

Officials allow handfighting between the receiver and defensive back without a call, but once that receiver extends his arms like that, it's going to be offensive PI.

Lattimore extends his hand/arm into Cooper long before Cooper touched Lattimore.

If nothing else, it should have been and offset of penalties.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen an NFL WR get flagged twice for offensive PI and the opposing corner get none? If you're gonna let the D play physical, then you have to let the offense do it too. And I'm sorry, the "because he fell" defense is BS. So Amari need to push off juuuuust enough to not be getting hugged? Gtfooh

They blew both calls. They both should have been non-calls because on both plays the DB was just as handsy with Cooper.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen an NFL WR get flagged twice for offensive PI and the opposing corner get none? If you're gonna let the D play physical, then you have to let the offense do it too. And I'm sorry, the "because he fell" defense is BS. So Amari need to push off juuuuust enough to not be getting hugged? Gtfooh

They blew both calls. They both should have been non-calls because on both plays the DB was just as handsy with Cooper.

This, have never seen the O get called for 2 and D none, talk about homecooking.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I agree with what he's saying on both calls, but someone should tell him that "mano a mano" means "hand to hand", not "man on man".

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
They are calling a ton of offensive pass interference this year. It's a point of emphasis.

I love it. For too long, receivers got away with pretty much anything and the defensive backs could breath wrong.

This wasn't a good call, but I like the evenness of offensive and defensive pass interference right now.

Its ridiculous. CB's hold and pull all over the WR all game long.

The PI review red flag is a joke.