Video: Amari Cooper: Really Unique Experience

eromeopolk

Reaction score
giphy-downsized.gif
This is accurate and great. I won in high school with Teddy B, in college with Saban, all rookie in the NFL, Pro Bowler in NFL, traded to Americas team to the Dak Attack, Pro Bowl WR with Cowboys, and now I am playing with Andy Dalton on a team with no defense and Jerry Jones as GM.

Proof

Reaction score
I sometimes think his interviews are just a nicer version of a Marshawn Lynch interview. I've never seen one yet where he looks interested in being there.

EO-wwYdWsAEKxUd.jpg

he doesn’t look interested in being anywhere, ever lmao.
I love amari

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I sometimes think his interviews are just a nicer version of a Marshawn Lynch interview. I've never seen one yet where he looks interested in being there.
It cannot be easy given how the team has suffered in 2020.

Cooper is still a huge weapon when Dak returns.

All of the receivers must have thrown up after the game Dak went down in. Zeke too..the OL too..

the defense,too.

This team is learning lessons that up to this point was not part of their deals to play in Dallas.

Amari has things to improve but I like him and his team mates have to like him.

Good thing..

:cool:

Shane612

Reaction score
He's not really interested in anything.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
He's not really interested in anything.
I wonder how you guys got your psychology degrees?

Post Toasie cereal box tops?

People react to pressure in different ways.

Stop acting like you know everything about everybody on the team.

It's really annoying and most of the times you are just stirring a pot with nothing in it.

Maybe Cooper just does not like giving media access.

They were not kind to him in Oakland and ran him out of town despite he was Pro Bowl his first seasons there.

Since he has been here..he has Pro Bowled twice more that still sux?

Really?

Stephen A Smith says Cowboy fans are the worst.

That we will eat our own feet off if they do not meet our expectations. We will then crawl until we self devour our arms and then roll on our stomach's to get to a computer and post.

I now believe him.

Enjoy typing with no fingers and toes.

:thumbdown:

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
It cannot be easy given how the team has suffered in 2020.

Cooper is still a huge weapon when Dak returns.

All of the receivers must have thrown up after the game Dak went down in. Zeke too..the OL too..

the defense,too.

This team is learning lessons that up to this point was not part of their deals to play in Dallas.

Amari has things to improve but I like him and his team mates have to like him.

Good thing..

:cool:
He's a no drama, top-10-ish WR and yes, he does need to improve on some things, and I've been hard on him at times, but
he does open up the offense a TON.
Throwing this out there; he's on pace for his fifth 1,000 yard season, third in a row, so he's been consistently good, too.

Last edited:

plymkr

Reaction score
Exactly.
Cooper personality-wise is the polar opposite of, say, Terrell Owens.
It's actually a breath of fresh air, IMO.
Yeah, I think we Cowboys fans are used to TO, Irvin and Dez as being the main wife receiver. There's nothing wrong with those guys, they just have loud personalities. There's nothing wrong with Cooper, he is just more reserved. There's no way he could be as polished of a route runner if he didn't care about things.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Yeah, I think we Cowboys fans are used to TO, Irvin and Dez as being the main wife receiver. There's nothing wrong with those guys, they just have loud personalities. There's nothing wrong with Cooper, he is just more reserved. There's no way he could be as polished of a route runner if he didn't care about things.
One of the best route runners in the league, IMO.
Hopkins, and maybe Diggs are better.
I remember a while back he was asked if he would demand more touches in certain games, and his answer was something to the effect
that there are many other playmakers on the team and he doesn't have to get 10+ touches to be happy. I appreciate his humility.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
One of the best route runners in the league, IMO.
Hopkins, and maybe Diggs are better.
I remember a while back he was asked if he would demand more touches in certain games, and his answer was something to the effect
that there are many other playmakers on the team and he doesn't have to get 10+ touches to be happy. I appreciate his humility.

The thing about Amari is he's a very intelligent guy.. But he's young.. Really smart young people have a hard time adapting to the real world where most people are REALLY stupid. Though he's probably been around some really dumb teammates in his life, Cooper probably was in all the AP classes in high school and took the 200 and 300 level classes in college. So other than the locker room, he's been surrounded by other really smart young folk most of his life. Now he's forced to deal with the media.. and a lot of them are just empty headed idjits with a microphone. Yes some are razor sharp.. and those stand out.. but most of them wade in the shallow end of the intellect pool. I imagine it didn't take long for a guy like him to figure that out and become pretty disenchanted with it.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
The thing about Amari is he's a very intelligent guy.. But he's young.. Really smart young people have a hard time adapting to the real world where most people are REALLY stupid. Though he's probably been around some really dumb teammates in his life, Cooper probably was in all the AP classes in high school and took the 200 and 300 level classes in college. So other than the locker room, he's been surrounded by other really smart young folk most of his life. Now he's forced to deal with the media.. and a lot of them are just empty headed idjits with a microphone. Yes some are razor sharp.. and those stand out.. but most of them wade in the shallow end of the intellect pool. I imagine it didn't take long for a guy like him to figure that out and become pretty disenchanted with it.
I can definitely see that. Much of the media is filled with people that don't truly understand the game and tend to ask the same recycled, surface-level questions. And I bet a lot of these players wish they did not have to speak to the media, period.
As for Amari, he's a very bright guy. He spoke on the local flagship station for the team about a year ago and actually said one of his goals is to invest in real estate and that he wanted to have five or so rental properties by the time he is 30, I believe.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I can definitely see that. Much of the media is filled with people that don't truly understand the game and tend to ask the same recycled, surface-level questions. And I bet a lot of these players wish they did not have to speak to the media, period.
As for Amari, he's a very bright guy. He spoke on the local flagship station for the team about a year ago and actually said one of his goals is to invest in real estate and that he wanted to have five or so rental properties by the time he is 30, I believe.

I think he will learn to tolerate with the mediots better as he matures. Well maybe matures it the wrong word.. More like mellows... which also seems wrong given how mellow he is.. He's smart enough that he will just figure out that they're just trying to make a living.. and while some of the questions are stupid as hell none of them actually causes any physical or emotional pain.. So just give them the mindless answers they want, have some fun with them, without ever having actually said much of anything and it'll be over before you know it.