Amari Cooper shouldn’t be resigned

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Keep Cobb let Gallup continue to grow. Sign a veteran to fill out the starters and I’d be content.

Amari is terribly inconsistent and seems to lack a passion for the game. Yes, we spent a first rounder on him, but oh well.

If we have decisions on who to pay, it’d make the numbers easier to swallow by letting Cooper walk. To me, he just isn’t worth the $18-20 million he’s gonna want.
Agreed

Noclaf

Reaction score
Amari got almost 1200 yards, while playing half the season injured on a team that ran for 2100 yards. And you guys think he's a bum. LMAO.

I can't wait to hear the kicking and screaming after he gets his new contract.
Bum? no, worth 20 mill Oh hell no!! I really question his heart and im seeing why Raiders traded him

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Keep Cobb let Gallup continue to grow. Sign a veteran to fill out the starters and I’d be content.

Amari is terribly inconsistent and seems to lack a passion for the game. Yes, we spent a first rounder on him, but oh well.

If we have decisions on who to pay, it’d make the numbers easier to swallow by letting Cooper walk. To me, he just isn’t worth the $18-20 million he’s gonna want.

Dak can’t function without him.

stiletto

Reaction score
You’d rather pay cooper $20 million to take the double teams and disappear for half the season? Nice investment

I didn't say that, if he walks you absolutely have to find a good replacement that can help Gallup. Not only that, I am not sure I can say he should walk after this trainwreck of a season.

They gave the Offense to a kid who still pops pimples and left Clappy-spit around to run things still. I would like a year under a different HC and hopefully an upgraded offensive scheme. Moore's stuff looked like all the Garret years at the worst possible times...

With that said, I say heck no to $20 mill. I honestly don't really want to see anyone paid long term anymore. Just never seem to get the value when they do it....

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score

He shouldn't have been traded for in the 1st place, he disappeared way to much this season and he was playing for a big long term deal, what's going to happen if he gets that deal? BY the way he also had that disappearing act in Oakland

wileedog

Reaction score
$18-$20M is a lot for a guy who routinely disappears on the road.

I think Gallup is ready to take the next step so surround him with some better complimentary pieces.

The resources should go to revamping the league's least productive TE core, which I think will benefit Dak more anyway.

kumizi

Reaction score
There's like a 2% chance they don't re-sign him after trading a 1st round pick.

superonyx

Reaction score
I agree. I'd rather save that money to pay Gallup's in a couple years.
Oh is that how it works?

You guys have no clue. Let a defense roll the double to Gallup and then we can all come on here and complain how he disappeared.....

Remember when Dez disappeared? Don't you see a pattern?

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I didn't say that, if he walks you absolutely have to find a good replacement that can help Gallup. Not only that, I am not sure I can say he should walk after this trainwreck of a season.

They gave the Offense to a kid who still pops pimples and left Clappy-spit around to run things still. I would like a year under a different HC and hopefully an upgraded offensive scheme. Moore's stuff looked like all the Garret years at the worst possible times...

With that said, I say heck no to $20 mill. I honestly don't really want to see anyone paid long term anymore. Just never seem to get the value when they do it....

I hear ya, man. It’s frustrating. And in all honesty, I wouldn’t complain too much if the team got him to agree to a shorter term contract. He IS productive, but I’m just fed up with the season in general. Excitement will come back in a month or two