TRADED Amari Cooper traded to Browns

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Cutting him outright would've been worse, again trading him is the right move just pissed we turned a 1st into a 5th with Doogie Howser OC genius boy.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Good move. This mean a deal with Gallup is imminent. Now if they can sign Wilson I will be happy as can be. Every year teams are forced to make moves they dont always want to make. Its the nature of the salary cap. This was a good move imo.
Now get tanks deal restructured, sign Gregory, hit in the draft again and this is a good off season.

I agree. When the Cowboys got Cooper they needed him. It's not 2018 anymore and it's time to wash their hands of it. The NFL is a business.

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
this trade was about unloading salary. Yout think teams were gonna give a 3rd and eat that salary????? cmon. GREAT job by front office.

Agreed, I’m not quite getting the outrage, the key to this was unloading the contract. When it becomes public a player is gonna be cut you’re not gonna get a lot if anything in return. And Cooper although a good WR is not worth the contract.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Gallup will be lucky to get 10 million annually with his bum knee. I think the delay is the Cowboys writing a whole bunch of performance and health based incentives into his deal.
We’re talking about Jerry and Stephen and not the rest of the league.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm at a loss for words.

Maybe there's something we don't know behind the scenes.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Okay so let’s say Jerry says “sorry but cowboyszone posters want us to get more compensation” and he slams the phone down.

Dallas is releasing him a mere days later while getting 0 picks back. How is that better?

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
That salary with a so so production year made that a tough sell.

having said that, the loose lips and telegraphing a potential release makes it a tougher sell.

absolute incompetence, but not unexpected

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Hmmmm....

Which of the remaining WRs will be next season's sacrifice?

Gallup, because he has a new contract?
or
Lamb, because of the high draft pick used on him and/or he will be due for a payday in the near future. (bonus reason... "sacrificial Lamb" has a nice ring to it)

My early prediction is Lamb.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Cutting him outright would've been worse, again trading him is the right move just pissed we turned a 1st into a 5th with Doogie Howser OC genius boy.
The Amari trade was horrible in hindsight.

We won nothing. It saved Dak's career and got him one of the biggest contracts in NFL history. Then we end the Cooper era with a 5th round pick.

The Cooper trade brought us nothing positive.

bleachedwheat

Reaction score
now the team can draft a Punter and Kicker with 5th round picks maybe even the best ones in the draft this year instead of waiting until UDFA to get one. Trying to think positive; should of got pick 117 though.