TRADED Amari Cooper traded to Browns

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
In a way, I have to admire the Cowboys. The Browns thought they were going to steal him for a 5th round pick. We told them not going to happen. Swap 6ths too or get bent.

The Browns blinked.

When we are selecting 9 spots higher in that round next month tip your cap to our front office.
How many likes are you trying to get today with your sarcasm? Seems like you're trying extra hard for likes today.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Come on big pick!!!

"Stop, at a Whammy"

GiantZigzagFairybluebird-size_restricted.gif

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
40M of the 60M was already paid, only 20M left for a 27 year old WR1 is very manageable and tradable

Correct, it was the product they put on the field multiplied by thier need to use "Deadlines close deals" thinking..this deadline closed this deal for a 5th....

BobSacamano

Reaction score
In a way, I have to admire the Cowboys. The Browns thought they were going to steal him for a 5th round pick. We told them not going to happen. Swap 6ths too or get bent.

The Browns blinked.

When we are selecting 9 spots higher in that round next month tip your cap to our front office.
Lol

Motorola

Reaction score
Remember that Cooper disappears in the cold
Trying to recall how he played in bad weather games - but to your point:
Born and raised in Miami...played the majority of his college games in the deep South...began his pro career in the Bay Area...2nd stop was in north Texas in a dome stadium.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is one of the worst trades in the history of Dallas cowboys

Kingofholland

Reaction score
In all fairness, Zeke’s contract will get axed next year as we all know it’s an untradable albatross.

Yeah would be surprised if Zeke is here next year. Unless he has a big year. He started off strong last year, but that knee injury really made him a liability.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Okay so let’s say Jerry says “sorry but cowboyszone posters want us to get more compensation” and he slams the phone down.

Dallas is releasing him a mere days later while getting 0 picks back. How is that better?
and i think, im not sure, but if we released him, I think we eat more salary vs trading him. Somebody know if I am correct???

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
It's like, you tell these guys over and over that high salaries are hard to trade, and they still don't comprehend.

Meh, more about the talent and perception of the player. IMO. Any team will pay a high salary for an All Pro, especially knowing they can negotiate a more cap friendly extension. This only proves Coop just isn’t looked at as a player worth that type of money.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
So Dallas got
  1. 16 mil in cap space in 2022 (by far the main thing)
  2. 18 million cap space in 2023
  3. 20 million cap space in 2024
  4. a 5th
  5. move up a few spots in the 6th
well that makes me feel a lot better about things, too bad they couldn't toss Zeke in on the deal for free

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
Word is, Cooper vocally went at Dak pretty hard in front of the team at the end of the season.

Keeps him out of the NFC East.
Is this actually true? I’ve seen this reported but not from anybody that I would consider reliable.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
That’s a bad trade. It’s almost as if Dallas was angling to have Cooper take a pay cut to stay “or else we’ll trade you to Cleveland” and he called their bluff.