Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You can trace this all back to DAK

HE thought he didn't need a #1 WR
We cut Dez because Dak couldn't handle an alpha
We had to TRADE for a #1 WR in Cooper because Dak needed a #1WR it turns out
We had to give Cooper a huge deal
We also needed to give Dak ANOTHER #1 WR in Ceedee
Then we gave said qb an unprecedented deal.
Then said qb couldn't get it done when it mattered most

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
His cap hit was gonna be $22M. He was nowhere worth $22M. Seems pretty obvious his contract was the issue.
I disagree.. Lawrence's cap hit is 27 million. There were other options for them to clear salary. If this was Davonte Adams you think they'd cut him for 22 million? Fact is, right or wrong they feel Gallup and Lamb are good enough to let Amari go. You don't cut a legit #1 for 22 million.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I love your Prescott hate.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Your post makes no sense lol. Don't put that on me that's your fault you made a silly post lol.
Listen kiddo....
Your misunderstanding the post is on you.

Just because you're not capable of understanding something, doesn't mean there isn't something to understand.

Adreme

Reaction score

They cut Dez because he was not as good as he thought he was. Tell me about all the success Dez had after he was cut. He played in the regular season for one team 3 years later with the worst WR corp in the NFL and was not a standout in that group. He was done.

Last edited:

Motorola

Reaction score
Waiting for Mickey to write an article about how this team had to do this, how Amari was a bad teammate, how he was bad for the locker room, how he would not work to lower his contract and to be condescending to the fan base for being upset about the terrible trade. He will start belittling fans cause they don't realize the team had to do this and the prior leaking the cutting of Amari did not play a part in such a low trade return.

Let's go Mickey, get that article out there.
What's that early 80's hit by a singer - "Hey Mickey"

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
They cut Dez because he was not as good as he thought he was. Tell me about all the success Dez had after he was cut. He played in the regular for one team 3 years later with the worst WR corp in the NFL and was not a standout in that group. He was done.

Dez Bryant's legend lives here for sure......Every team wanted him but none could get him apparently.

Adreme

Reaction score
Correct, sounds like a Dak problem and not a Copper problem. (And I'm not a Dak hater.)

Cooper now has two franchise QBs who Cooper has somehow looked terrible playing for after having a hot start. If Dak was the only QB, I would say it is a blip but when it happens twice it starts to become a pattern.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
To be fair, we're lucky to get much of anything.

We think he's not worth his salary.

Why should anyone pay us anything for the right to a bad contract?

Someone paid a 5th for the *option* to keep Cooper into the season if he looked better in preseason. I guess that's a reasonable investment. I wouldn't be surprised to see him look like his old self. He's not a bum.

stiletto

Reaction score
I mean at LEAST they got something for him. I half thought they'd get nothing simply because they were stupid enough to say they were going to release him. Why would teams give up picks if they know he is going to be released? Only this FO man...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Listen kiddo....
You're misunderstanding the post is on you.

Just because you're not capable of understanding something, doesn't mean there isn't something to understand.
Be man enough to admit you made a mistake and move on. Its not even that big of a deal. You GOOFED.

Nexx

Reaction score
I'm gonna laugh when Coop has a big year and he signs with another team after this year and the Browns get one year of Amari and compensatory 3rd round pick for a 5th round pick lolololol

Adreme

Reaction score
To be fair, we're lucky to get much of anything.

We think he's not worth his salary.

Why should anyone pay us anything for the right to a bad contract?

Someone paid a 5th for the *option* to keep Cooper into the season if he looked better in preseason. I guess that's a reasonable investment. I wouldn't be surprised to see him look like his old self. He's not a bum.

Considering how his career has gone so far I would expect him to look good for 1-2 years before suddenly looking terrible again though with that contract running out in 3 maybe he can make it 3 years this time.

Carson

Reaction score
I'm gonna laugh when Coop has a big year and he signs with another team after this year and the Browns get one year of Amari and compensatory 3rd round pick for a 5th round pick lolololol
I’m sure they will trade him for a 1st lol