TRADED Amari Cooper traded to Browns

Adreme

Reaction score
We didn't have to trade him though.....that's the point. We didn't have a gun pointed @ our head. We could have re-worked the numbers.

But we didn't......and that was just dumb.

We could have created money.....

Nope......this was all about finding a scapegoat. And here you go.....Amari on a silver platter.

Who is going to be Prescott's next victim??? :popcorn:

Except the team wanted to trade him and because they wanted to trade him, and the structure of his deal, it was obvious to everyone that he was going to be traded. There was no way to really hide it short of reworking the deal but if you rework the deal then you take away the incentive to trade him in the first place.

For all the talk of scapegoating, he was not putting 20m a year numbers. He was the 3rd option in the receiving game. That is not what he is paid to be and if he cannot be that he was going to be gone and this is now the second team that Cooper has been on where he looked great early on and then fell off a cliff in a hurry.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
In the three years he's been here, he ranks in the top 10 in
catches, yards and TDs. He missed two games this past year.

I see no decline in his skill set. Oh, and he's a year younger than Devonte Adams.

Name 10 WRs that play on the outside, not in the slot, who are better.
Why does slot or outside WR matter ? I’ll give you 10 WR’s I would take over him any day of the week
Kupp
Adams
Chase
Jefferson
Hill
Diggs
Samuel
Lockett
Moore
Goodwin

And I could go on. And of all the guys I listed how many are 20 m a year players ?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Btw Randall Cobb was traded for a 6. Gives you a little context. The NFL GMs must laugh their arses off about Jerry.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Wow Cleveland smoked Jerry on that deal...
But they took the salary of our hands.
USATSI_16787600-scaled.jpg

How 'bout them Cowboys! Who's next for an autograph?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
At least we got something and got out from under that salary. I'm actually surprised someone took that deal.

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
3 years left

Yelp,
3 yrs left on his existing contract and only 20 mil of that was fully guaranteed on 3/20/2022.
Could have redone that deal (extended) to get him his 20 mil this year w/ a signing bonus
and lower his yearly avg. to what his true market value should have been (13-15 per)
That only would have left
Jerry forgetting about - covid 2 games missed by Coop
and
the black cousin hurdle that sprange up at the season ending lockeroom Parteeee...

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yes, he certainly is the best of the bunch but in the end does it really matter?

This organization/team is minor league playing in the majors.

It definitely matters if Dak is to get back on track and we’re going to remain a playoff contender. One or two more significant losses in free agency and we’re likely to be very mediocre next season unless we hit big in the draft.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
This i agree with 100%
Problem is they cant keep him on the field because he's gets hurt alot. Several players on this team can't stay healthy. Some of these players today wouldn't make it through a training camp like they had in 90s.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Why does slot or outside WR matter ? I’ll give you 10 WR’s I would take over him any day of the week
Kupp
Adams
Chase
Jefferson
Hill
Diggs
Samuel
Lockett
Moore
Goodwin

And I could go on. And of all the guys I listed how many are 20 m a year players ?

You can't seem to follow instructions AND have little understanding in
what opens up offenses. Plus, you're still hung up on the contract which, as
I said in the beginning, is in line with the cap.

Lockett? Moore!?! Goodwin? You meant Godwin, I'm hoping.
You completely forgot about Mike Evans!?!

But please, do go on, how many MORE WRs are "better" than Amari Cooper?
One other name that's on your list is Lamb. You know, the guy they're
expecting to replace Cooper.

ICP

Reaction score
At least we got something and got out from under that salary. I'm actually surprised someone took that deal.
I don't know, how many 5th rounders can you name on the current roster that are difference makers? Not so sure they got anything other than cap relief and Dumb and Dumber put themselves in that situation by handing him a 100 million contract to begin with

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
I know the contract was 5 years 100M but what was the out after the 60M guaranteed was paid?

• $40M guaranteed at signing (signing bonus + 2020 salary + 2021 salary)
  • 2022 salary fully guarantees on 3/20/2022
The last 20 mil was due on the 3/22 of this month.....could have redone the deal very easily.
There are other factors at play here besides the cap.

Last edited:

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
People want to say Cooper was on a bad contract.............overpaid even. Whose fault was that? Cooper and his agent or Cowboy inept management???