TRADED Amari Cooper traded to Browns

kevm3

Reaction score
And you wonder why we are mired in mediocrity. We get a 5th rounder for our no 1 receiver. Guess what we're going to do with the cap savings... nothing

BigD_95

Reaction score
There would be a market if you didn't already let your plans leak. Why give up big assets when you can just wait for Dallas to cut him? Moral of the study, tighten up the leaks in the organization. Hold your cards closer to the vest.

Yeah because nobody knew Coop was done after this past season- you really think teams didn’t know Coop would be gone? Heck we were talking about it on this message board before this last season started

FLWarpigrpig

Reaction score
I think Dallas would have gotten a 3rd round comp pick next year if they just released him. Not sure I would have done this for what they got.

Wait do you get a comp pick for a released player?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Unbelievable. All they got was a 5th?!
Actually very good according to the experts. Sounds like when Dallas didn’t restructure him last year, everyone knew he would be gone this year as they were never going to pay him 20 million. According to the reporters who follow this stuff, we got a much better grade on this deal than they gave the Browns. In similar situations, most teams have no choice but release the player. The Browns don’t have the big space that some teams have so they gave up the Fifth and allowed us to swap down in the sixth to avoid a bidding war after we cut him.

Silly

Reaction score
No worries. Jerry will parlay the 5th and the 6th for something better. Give him time to work this out!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Dallas would have gotten a 3rd round comp pick next year if they just released him. Not sure I would have done this for what they got.

That's not how it works.

Teams only get comp picks for players that are free agents that have completed their contracts and are then signed by another team. Not for players that are cut.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Wentz garnered 2 3rds. We gave our #1 WR away for a 5th and a 12 pack Natty Light

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah because nobody knew Coop was done after this past season- you really think teams didn’t know Coop would be gone? Heck we were talking about it on this message board before this last season started

This.

To not think that most people in the league knew that Cooper was a big-time candidate to be cut due to his contract and the Cowboys cap situation is mind-boggling.

plymkr

Reaction score
Jerry was fleeced as usual.

You trade the guy that makes everyone on your offense better for basically a 5th round pick lol
Ok this is ridiculous. I'm just waiting to see all the Jerry Homers out there that defend this man's every move, football or with flight attendants, defend this.

A 5th round pick!!! That's an insult.