Signed by Cowboys Amari Cooper traded to Cowboys **merged**

Big_D

Reaction score
My problem with this trade is jerry jones officially thinks were idiots. He thinks he can just trade for a shiny new toy and all of a sudden the fans will get excited and forget about the losing.

Honestly i wouldn't be that mad about this trade if our coach wasn't jason garret. Coaching in this league matter. If we can't win now jerry has no excuse not to fire garret. None!

That's the problem.. and it's ongoing. If the team has an issue anywhere like coach, QB, TE D.. just trade for a WR. That's how Jerry fixes stuff.

9of11

Reaction score
I dont know if I should be happy, sad..or pissed off....Happy we got a great receiver, sad cause Garret and Linehan are going to be sticking around, pissed off because we traded a first round pick for a hurt receiver who hasnt done well and we could have gotten a receiver free (Josh Gordon) or lose a 5th....I dont know...what to think....I need to drink heavily....

Sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
How is it that people that bash the organization for Dak and bash the organization for giving up a 1st round pick for a WR suddenly think the SAME organization is gonna wise up and take a "top 3" QB?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I agree with that take.

It allows the best, most fair evaluation of Prescott.
I don't see how it needs to be leveled out like that.

Tim Tebow had Demaryius Thomas in his prime. Still could not play.

So the idea is to make the QB evaluation more "fair" by spending an inordinate amount of resources to grade them?

Good QBs elevate the talent around them. Mediocre QBs need the talent elevated around them.

Sydla

Reaction score
I agree with that take.

Does it?

One of the issues with Dak is simply struggling to pull the trigger on passes. I might understand if he was throwing the ball around and WRs were simply failing him, but week after week we are seeing examples of him literally freezing up and almost being incapable of throwing a pass as if he has the yips. In other words, when Gallup is wide open on a deep in, if you switch Gallup for Cooper, does Dak make that throw?

Nope. So I really hope part of the rationale here is that we needed Cooper to get an accurate assessment of Dak.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
The 9th overall pick for Cooper...………...not even a noob playing Madden for the very first time would make such a stupid trade as this.

Seriously, this is like the type of trade you propose in Madden and the computer laughs at you.:laugh:
Philly wanted him for a 2nd. Can you imagine him there? Jerry had to overpay.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
YES we did. BUT if this guy opens up the running game...then MAYBE. Its way too much to give up. This was a Jerry move all the way. This spells the end for Garrett too guys. Garrett isn't a fan of giving away high picks. This may be a good thing. Could he be the next move this week? The dominoes are falling.

I like your optimism.

tm1119

Reaction score
I agree with that take.

I understand what you’re getting at, but you’re seriously going to tell me you watch these games and go “boy if only Dak had a better WR”?? Is Cooper going to help Dak learn how to read a defense and then throw a ball with accuracy and timing? Seems unlikely. Will Cooper also be scheming himself open instead of running the same 10 yard curl over and over? Again, seems unlikely.

And that’s ignoring how much of an upgrade Cooper is or isn’t...

texfromwilburtown

Reaction score
would much have preferred
Breaking: Jerry Jones grows some balls and fires Jason Garrett
cowboys are not going to win with that clown on the sidelines

and as much as I like the amari cooper trade it really doesn't matter ---dak can't throw the deep ball

Mr_437

Reaction score
They just doubled down on Dak...LMAO. They really are football-dumb, unbelievable.

Piss poor GM, HC, OC, OL coach and QB, so go spend a 1st on a WR...haha. 2018 season has officially ended for this team, oh and, they took the draft away from the optimistic. Cheers.

Let's go Mavs

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Amari Cooper is a proven NFL #1? I must have missed the last two seasons.

His first two seasons he was.

Last year, even with a down year by Carr and Cooper not playing a full schedule, he still had 7 TD's on 48 receptions.

And this year is only a few games old and he's already had one game with more yardage than any Cowboy WR and has had two 100-yard receiving days.