Video: Amari Cooper

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Notice how he seems to go up and get the ball. With Dak that might be a bonus. Also notice toward the end of the video he makes some ridiculous catches.

Every player has a down side. So does this player. But the guy can flat out ball with his athleticism.

The trade is done, do I don't give a rat's butt what it costs. It's not my money anyway.

But, they pulled the trigger at the beginning of the bye week. They have ten days to get this guy ready. He better be sleeping on Dak's couch and they are at The Star at 5am playing catch until after dark.

Blackthorn

Reaction score
The trade to get Amri Cooper was a no brainer. He is a legit top ten receiver in any draft. He is a legit #1 on most NFL team and will be a #1 on this team for at least 2 year to come. I like how he plays and gets after the ball and defensive back. His best trait outside of his athletic prowess is he is not a Diva. He lets his skill-set do the talking. Quite, mild mannered like a secret agent sniper.

Explosive
Physical

Creates separation quickly with sound technique.

Last edited:

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Notice how he seems to go up and get the ball. With Dak that might be a bonus. Also notice toward the end of the video he makes some ridiculous catches.

Every player has a down side. So does this player. But the guy can flat out ball with his athleticism.

The trade is done, do I don't give a rat's butt what it costs. It's not my money anyway.

But, they pulled the trigger at the beginning of the bye week. They have ten days to get this guy ready. He better be sleeping on Dak's couch and they are at The Star at 5am playing catch until after dark.

I'm much more concerned about the loss of a 1st round draft pick than I am what it's going to cost Jerry financially.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I have come around on this trade. He's 24, the same age as Calvin Ridley. He has had success in this league. He's a weapon and he's certainly as good as any wide receiver that we would have drafted next year. And we get him now.

Thanks for posting the video. Let's see if Dak can get him the ball.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
People were comparing amari to dez hen the trade was made is laughable.

Dez got by his whole career on his physicality. Once he lost any speed he had he wasn’t very good cause he couldn’t run routes.

Amari may not be dak in terms of physicality but he has him by miles in speed and route running. Route running is the most important quality a wr can have in my opinion. It’s something that he can always rely on when speed deteriorates.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I tried playing the video, but it won't allow it on this site.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
He’s a physically gifted guy with Dak-friendly attributes. I think he has a good chance to really help.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Click the Watch on YouTube link. It is underlined in the response when you open the video. YouTube demands you come top their site to use their product. No big deal, it opens in a new tab.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
The problem is, Carr doesn't want to get the ball down the field to Cooper when he's open. It's the same problem we have here in Dallas with Dak.

I don't see much changing - people are probably going to hate this trade (I'm not saying it's unjustified) but for the wrong reasons.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
People were comparing amari to dez hen the trade was made is laughable.

Dez got by his whole career on his physicality. Once he lost any speed he had he wasn’t very good cause he couldn’t run routes.

Amari may not be dak in terms of physicality but he has him by miles in speed and route running. Route running is the most important quality a wr can have in my opinion. It’s something that he can always rely on when speed deteriorates.

If he can have an impact early we are definitely going to the playoffs.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm much more concerned about the loss of a 1st round draft pick than I am what it's going to cost Jerry financially.

Yes, a first round draft pick, that heading into the draft season most people on this board are wanting to trade down and get extra picks. Move away from the talent in the first round to pick up poet cats people have latched onto because they heard the name on a college sports recap show.

Colin Herd made a comment on this trade. WR was not a strong point of the next draft. Defensive linemen are. If that is the case, and I do not know it is, then Dallas drafted their WR in the first round a have a season early.

If not, this is more of the same and one draft pick in the hands of these Keystone Cops running and ruining this organization will not make a great difference.

My only concern was to have the ammo to move up for Herbert from Oregon. But that was a long shot since the Giants are crap this season.