Video: Amari Cooper

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
Someone posted a graph of his separation, as compared to our current receivers, and it's much better....and he looks like he gets good separation in the video. (Again, I know that's a highlight reel......but he's obviously fast.)
The highlight is mostly from 2015-2016 I believe. He hasn't had many highlight from last year and this year. I hope he proves me wrong. We need a #1 badly

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Last couple of years he hasn't been very good at anything.
You haven't watched him huh. 2 years ago he had 1100 yards and made the probowl. Was his second year in the league and his second straight 1000 yard season and probowl. Last season he was still better than any of our receivers.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The interesting thing is many of his big time catches were not the greatest throws, he made plays on the ball. A WR we haven't had in some time.
I hope it translates.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
The problem is, Carr doesn't want to get the ball down the field to Cooper when he's open. It's the same problem we have here in Dallas with Dak.

I don't see much changing - people are probably going to hate this trade (I'm not saying it's unjustified) but for the wrong reasons.

If that is the case then Dak won't be getting that big deal after the end of next season. In fact, this whole roster might get blown up with all the long term signings coinciding with one another.

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
You haven't watched him huh. 2 years ago he had 1100 yards and made the probowl. Was his second year in the league and his second straight 1000 yard season and probowl. Last season he was still better than any of our receivers.
600 yards for a full season is good? Let's not even mention all the drops. Only 200 yards through 6 games this year. I'm a what have you done for me lately guy. And last year and this year don't have me running out with anointing oil. He and Dez lead the league in drops. This year I had amari on my fantasy team. So yes I have been following him.

raichledog

Reaction score
Notice how he seems to go up and get the ball. With Dak that might be a bonus. Also notice toward the end of the video he makes some ridiculous catches.

Every player has a down side. So does this player. But the guy can flat out ball with his athleticism.

The trade is done, do I don't give a rat's butt what it costs. It's not my money anyway.

But, they pulled the trigger at the beginning of the bye week. They have ten days to get this guy ready. He better be sleeping on Dak's couch and they are at The Star at 5am playing catch until after dark.

At the risk of sounding like a downer, Dak doesn’t make 90% of those throws on that video. I’m not saying he isn’t capable (debatable) but rather that he doesn’t ever throw to a guy who looks covered. So many of those plays were slow developing and Dak doesn’t stay with his reads long enough unless the guy is WIDE OPEN like Gallup was on the TD Sunday.

I actually like the trade, I just don’t expect to see the same player as you see on that video. Carr is a great thrower of the ball who trusts his WR to make a play. Dak doesn’t have the same mentality. Just my opinion.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
600 yards for a full season is good? Let's not even mention all the drops. Only 200 yards through 6 games this year. I'm a what have you done for me lately guy. And last year and this year don't have me running out with anointing oil. He and Dez lead the league in drops. This year I had amari on my fantasy team. So yes I have been following him.
I never said over 600 yards it's a good season. What I said was it's better than any receiver we have. This season he has 2 games over 100 yards which is twice as many as our entire receiving corps, TEs and backs together. Since you're so what have you done lately, the last 16 games Cooper has more yards and TDs than any of our receivers. Nice try skipping over your wrong comment about 2 and a half years......

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
I never said over 600 yards it's a good season. What I said was it's better than any receiver we have. This season he has 2 games over 100 yards which is twice as many as our entire receiving corps, TEs and backs together. Since you're so what have you done lately, the last 16 games Cooper has more yards and TDs than any of our receivers. Nice try skipping over your wrong comment about 2 and a half years......
I was talking about last season and this season only. And they have not been great. I am not arguing that he is better than our receivers or not. We don't know that yet. What my argument is he was not worth a first-round pick. And is turning out to be more expensive then just resigning dez. But go ahead watch the highlight reels from two or three years ago to Hype yourself up

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was talking about last season and this season only. And they have not been great. I am not arguing that he is better than our receivers or not. We don't know that yet. What my argument is he was not worth a first-round pick. And is turning out to be more expensive then just resigning dez. But go ahead watch the highlight reels from two or three years ago to Hype yourself up

Whether he was worth a first round pick will be judged by how he performs and if the team can extend his contract. Obviously the team feels is was worth it, and if be becomes a legitimate #1 and is here for years they will be right. Otherwise they will be wrong. As for Dez, yes, keeping him would have been cheaper, but it wouldn't have eliminated the drama that goes with Dez, and Dez is 30 years old to Cooper's 24. The fact there were several other suitors for Cooper and Dez hasn't found a suitor willing to pony up what he wants tells you what NFL teams think.

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
Whether he was worth a first round pick will be judged by how he performs and if the team can extend his contract. Obviously the team feels is was worth it, and if be becomes a legitimate #1 and is here for years they will be right. Otherwise they will be wrong. As for Dez, yes, keeping him would have been cheaper, but it wouldn't have eliminated the drama that goes with Dez, and Dez is 30 years old to Cooper's 24. The fact there were several other suitors for Cooper and Dez hasn't found a suitor willing to pony up what he wants tells you what NFL teams think.
All fair points. I will not be rooting against him. I liked him enough to draft him this year in fantasy. I drafted him in the first round. I got murdered every week because he failed to produce. then I would bench him and he'd have his best game of the season. My brother had him on his fantasy team last year and same thing very inconsistent. He was dumbfounded when I drafted him. I hope he turns everything around with us. I just hope he is not another Roy Williams. The fact that he is that young gives us better hope

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All fair points. I will not be rooting against him. I liked him enough to draft him this year in fantasy. I drafted him in the first round. I got murdered every week because he failed to produce. then I would bench him and he'd have his best game of the season. My brother had him on his fantasy team last year and same thing very inconsistent. He was dumbfounded when I drafted him. I hope he turns everything around with us. I just hope he is not another Roy Williams. The fact that he is that young gives us better hope

You still came out better than my first round fantasy pick - Le'Veon Bell. Damn the ESPN fantasy site for not indicating Bell was a holdout.

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
You still came out better than my first round fantasy pick - Le'Veon Bell. Damn the ESPN fantasy site for not indicating Bell was a holdout.
Damn that sucks. At least I got some points LOL

zerofill

Reaction score
We got a younger version of Dez, with less productivity last year. Probably not as good with a jump ball, and YAC either. But a better route runner, and faster. But, how there will be a big difference from Carr throwing him the ball, to now Dak throwing the ball I have no idea. Because I frankly don't see it. Just a big play here and there, which defenses have let happen, because they know they are far and few between.

Now, if they made up with Dez... Got him to take a serious pay cut, he already knows the system. Stick Gallup, Beasley, Amari, and Dez out there... then when Dak can't make anything happen... He should voluntarily send in his resignation letter.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Haha ya ok