Video: Amari Cooper

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
All that matters is that he balls. If he's a flop, this staff is gone and the franchise is set back at least a couple of years as we bring in a new staff who will want new players.

Either way, the fans win. Either the team gets better or everyone gets fired.

visionary

Reaction score
Notice how he seems to go up and get the ball. With Dak that might be a bonus. Also notice toward the end of the video he makes some ridiculous catches.

Every player has a down side. So does this player. But the guy can flat out ball with his athleticism.

The trade is done, do I don't give a rat's butt what it costs. It's not my money anyway.

But, they pulled the trigger at the beginning of the bye week. They have ten days to get this guy ready. He better be sleeping on Dak's couch and they are at The Star at 5am playing catch until after dark.

Good video
Dak cannot make at least half of those throws on time

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I tried playing the video, but it won't allow it on this site.
Just realized you can click on the YouTube link. He looks better than Dez in every way. Faster, crisper routes, and from the catches shown here (and yes, I realize this is a highlight reel) his first move seems to be securing the catch.

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
Basically a more expensive Dez Bryant. Dropped a lot of balls the past 2 years. Fails to get separation. We could have just brought Dez Bryant back and saved ourselves a first-round pick

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Fingers crossed

"Dak, count to three after the snap and throw it as far as you can toward Amari and let him run under it," said offensive coordinator Scott Linehan.

Jason Garret replied with his approval of this idea.

giphy.gif

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Basically a more expensive Dez Bryant. Dropped a lot of balls the past 2 years. Fails to get separation. We could have just brought Dez Bryant back and saved ourselves a first-round pick
You can't be taking about Cooper when you say fails to get separation. He is one of the best in the league at getting separation.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Someone posted a graph of his separation, as compared to our current receivers, and it's much better....and he looks like he gets good separation in the video. (Again, I know that's a highlight reel......but he's obviously fast.)

agk136

Reaction score
He reminds me of players back in 70's and 80's when he hands the ball to the refs after a touchdown. He doesn't showboat. Wish more players today would learn from him.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
He needs to show that he can still do that this season, not what he did 2 seasons ago. Dak's highlight videos from 2016 look pretty good too.
Potential is for rookies, 4th year players need to produce.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Good video
Dak cannot make at least half of those throws on time

lol, did you even watch the video? I thought I was watching Dak. So many of those catches were circus catches because the ball was high, off target or thrown into coverage.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You don't play catch with Dak. You play run after and pick up the football.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
All that matters is that he balls. If he's a flop, this staff is gone and the franchise is set back at least a couple of years as we bring in a new staff who will want new players.

Either way, the fans win. Either the team gets better or everyone gets fired.
I sure hope you're right.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BTW, saying you don't care what it cost it's not your money is about the most myopic often used fan phrase ever.

If you're a sport fan you understand why you should care.