Amari is low-key ripping Linehan

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Amari's a quiet dude, so he hasn't said much all year, but he's dropped a few gems since the Philly game.

Exhibit A (OT Touchdown)
"I knew I had the slant route there, but I knew he would sit on it," Cooper said. "I tried to sell the fade. It didn't really work, but I just stayed with the ball and there you have it."

So, with the game on the line, Linehan called a play that everyone in the world saw coming. If that had been an interception, everyone would have blamed Dak, obviously.

Exhibit B (75 Yard Touchdown)
"These guys, there were sitting on everything," Cooper told Brad Sham and Babe Laufenberg of DallasCowboys.com. "All the stop routes, I don't know if you noticed but we just couldn't really complete them, because they were literally giving us the go [route]. We called a stop route a third time, and I kind of looked at Dak like 'I don't want to run that', but he was like 'Just run it Coop'.

"I guess he had a second thought, and at the line of scrimmage, he gave me our go signal. Obviously, we're going to have to change it now that I've divulged that secret, but he gave me our go signal and I beat [the coverage]."

So Linehan called three stop routes, in a row, for Amari.

Add to that all the other receivers that have trashed Linehan in the past, whether it's Dez, Butler, Hurns, Beasley, etc.

This guy has to go, and I don't know how the management is so foolish as to let this to continue.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Amari's a quiet dude, so he hasn't said much all year, but he's dropped a few gems since the Philly game.

Exhibit A (OT Touchdown)

So, with the game on the line, Linehan called a play that everyone in the world saw coming. If that had been an interception, everyone would have blamed Dak, obviously.

Add to that all the other receivers that have trashed Linehan in the past, whether it's Dez, Butler, Hurns, Beasley, etc.

This guy has to go, and I don't know how the management is so foolish as to let this to continue.
Don't show this to @Dre11, he thinks Linehan's scheme is wonderful.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
The playcalling and scheme is the number one reason we do so poorly on offense. It's also the number one reason that is holding this team back.

It's not skill or talent. But the busted brains of both Garrett and Linehan. Who think by running the same play over and over again, will create a different result.

FalseStart75Pozderac

Reaction score
I really want to know what Linehan is thinking at this moment. Does he know a fire has been lit under him since the first month of the season? Sad part is that he doesn't seem as desperate or urgent as the players. Cmon, you got 3rd and 4th stringers in the Eagles secondary selling out on the short/stop routes, and you continue to call the same play?? Jeez.............

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Would love to hear from Linehan if this is part of some great plan. Always call the same crap to either lull the defense to sleep or to put more pressure on the QB and WR to audile out of plays to catch the defense sleeping. Or he admits he forgot to put other plays on the call sheet.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Exhibit A (OT Touchdown)

I'm sure that the Eagles were relying on their pressure to get to Dak before he could make the longer throws, and I'm sure Linehan was too. If the pressure had gotten there before Cooper could have won that route, we'd be complaining about how Dallas doesn't run quick routes to beat it.

Now, I do believe that we need to be more creative about what we're running instead of having Cooper do three stop routes in a row.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I'm sure that the Eagles were relying on their pressure to get to Dak before he could make the longer throws, and I'm sure Linehan was too. If the pressure had gotten there before Cooper could have won that route, we'd be complaining about how Dallas doesn't run quick routes to beat it.

Now, I do believe that we need to be more creative about what we're running instead of having Cooper do three stop routes in a row.

Thats not the problem. The problem is that everyone knows what were running. There is no deviation to changes made to compensate for a heavy pass rush. Nothing, nada, zilche.

This is the major reason why Linehan needs to be replaced now. And take that crappy playbook with him.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It's not some big secret that a lot of our players are disgruntled with the offense.

Some of the homers on here defend it but it's not good enough and we're lucky the defense went next level because the offense stinks.

At least Cooper has provided the big plays but my gosh we are awful in the redzone.

That's what we are though. We're a good defense / bad offense team.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Exhibit A (OT Touchdown)

Why are our fans like this try to make something out of nothing to promote hate?

stilltheguru

Reaction score
The playcalling and scheme is the number one reason we do so poorly on offense. It's also the number one reason that is holding this team back.

It's not skill or talent. But the busted brains of both Garrett and Linehan. Who think by running the same play over and over again, will create a different result.
Just execute better :facepalm:

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score

Exhibit A (OT Touchdown)

It was reported that they were considering firing Linehan at the bye, but decided against it at that time. This late in the season, he won't be going anywhere. Having said that, I believe he is gone after this season even if we hoist a Lombardi. They won't keep him beyond this season. JMO, of course, but one that I feel strongly about. Bottom line, don't buy any Linehan stock...it's a loser.

aikemirv

Reaction score

Exhibit A (OT Touchdown)

The quote does not say "the third time in a row"

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

Exhibit A (OT Touchdown)

No way count. It's all on Prescott! Linnehan is a genius play caller. Yes, I don't like fumbles either and ball security could be better. But damn we forget that Aikman had 13 fumbles in his first 3 years. And damn we forget about all the loosey goosey Romo passes. Good post

conner01

Reaction score
I want linehan gone but I see this more of players seeing something and adjusting
I don’t see it as him taking a shot at little Scotty
A vet player like cooper knows what will work
Maybe the OC should ask them what they think sometimes

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
said this once will say it again, young Prescott is exactly that, young. He is not experienced Romo who gained experience by playing and doing and yes, even getting to the point after about 5 years where he changed plays at the line. Confidence takes time. Young Prescott is learning me thinks

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Exhibit A (OT Touchdown)

"When he calls out your scheme cause it's hurting the team, that Amari!"

deanmartintop.jpg