Amari is low-key ripping Linehan

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
[QUOTEt="northerncowboynation, post: 8809424, member: 39953"]if sniffing and playing were spliffing and snorting we'd all be stoned at Christmas[/QUOTE]
,er,,,in a HOT TUB SPA A.O.? ,,, cuz' I:ve a veteran Spliffer that's done heap big SPLIFFING in that type of environment many times in the past,,,er,,,just saying, ya know?o_O

:lmao2:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's a lot going on here, and as usual, people are trying to roll it into one big ball that they can hang around the neck of the offensive coaches. But what Count's pointing out here is essentially a criticism of the play calling more than it's an indictment of the offense in general. And coming from a player who's performing in this offense at a higher level than he has elsewhere at any point in his professional career, so it might be reading into things a bit to say he even has a problem with the play calling in general. He might just be a really honest dude talking about a couple of plays in a game where he was frustrated with the call.

That said, I'm not necessarily a fan of Linehan myself. And I do think there was a low-key revolt of sorts with his position coaches and probably Dez going on last year. I'm not sure exactly what all happened with it, but it was something more than has been reported in the media yet. I expect when Beasley moves on, we'll hear more about it still, as Beasley sort of has a big mouth and I think he's also not too thrilled with Linehan overall.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Is it just me but why we don't payers, especially QBs on the sideline on phones talking with coaches upstairs? Few years ago, we use to see that all the time, even WRs talking to coaches upstairs. Are they still communicating in a way I'm not aware of or haven't seen? Sounds like just a little bit of open in-game communication between OC and QB or WR could have corrected the issues Cooper were talking about.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Amari's a quiet dude, so he hasn't said much all year, but he's dropped a few gems since the Philly game.

Exhibit A (OT Touchdown)

So, with the game on the line, Linehan called a play that everyone in the world saw coming. If that had been an interception, everyone would have blamed Dak, obviously.

Exhibit B (75 Yard Touchdown)

So Linehan called three stop routes, in a row, for Amari.

Add to that all the other receivers that have trashed Linehan in the past, whether it's Dez, Butler, Hurns, Beasley, etc.

This guy has to go, and I don't know how the management is so foolish as to let this to continue.
true linehan should be let go no matter what..

Cowboy-33

Reaction score
"When he calls out your scheme cause it's hurting the team, that Amari!"

deanmartintop.jpg
I hate to admit it but my goober best friend sings Amari .... oh oh oh oh - Amari oh oh oh oh. Every time he makes a big play. I guess anything’s better than Coooooooop! For some reason fans love to yell things that rhyme with boo for their players.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hate to admit it but my goober best friend sings Amari .... oh oh oh oh - Amari oh oh oh oh. Every time he makes a big play. I guess anything’s better than Coooooooop! For some reason fans love to yell things that rhyme with boo for their players.

That's not bad, but I think my version allows for a lot more creativity.

"When he catches the pass and then runs by your ***, that's Amari!"

giphy.gif

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

I hate to admit I know both of those songs :)

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

giphy.gif
BAWAAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:laugh: that's solid GOLD:laugh:

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Amari's a quiet dude, so he hasn't said much all year, but he's dropped a few gems since the Philly game.

Exhibit A (OT Touchdown)

So, with the game on the line, Linehan called a play that everyone in the world saw coming. If that had been an interception, everyone would have blamed Dak, obviously.

Exhibit B (75 Yard Touchdown)

So Linehan called three stop routes, in a row, for Amari.

Add to that all the other receivers that have trashed Linehan in the past, whether it's Dez, Butler, Hurns, Beasley, etc.

This guy has to go, and I don't know how the management is so foolish as to let this to continue.
Predictable play calls!! We all know it, the league knows it. Being predictable is going to get us beat in the playoffs if it doesn’t change!!!!

I realize we are a running team, but we can also pass the ball, especially when the other team has a bunch of backups in their secondary. I thought vs Philly we ran into a stacked box on 1st down to much, when we could have thrown the ball down the field. But we like being Predictable!!!!

kevm3

Reaction score
He's essentially saying the same thing Dak was saying and several other players have alluded to. The offensive playcalling is terrible. The thing is, Amari hasn't been here long and has no reason to be disgruntled, so that pretty much confirms the obvious. The playcalling HAS to get better.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Goober best friends are awesome!
I wish I had one...

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

giphy.gif
You're killing it! LOL!

T-RO

Reaction score
The biggest reason Linehan hasn't called more downfield routes is:

-Leads to sacks. Memo: We've had poor protection, leading the league in getting sacked
-Dak hasn't been confident throwing the ball deep... it was painfully evident in camp, pre-season and early in the year

Funny how folks want to criticize after the offense posted nearly 600 yards in offense.

If we can find a Sean McVay to run the offense, I'm all for an upgrade. But Linehan is far better than believed around these parts.

Last edited:

Jeffkills

Reaction score
How can you not love Cooper?

He’s obviously pretty bright, on top of being a blue chip WR..

Wizarus

Reaction score
Dak is constantly missing open receivers so it's still hard to tell who to blame for this mediocre offense.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Damned if I can figure out how some of you guys study the film, know all the plays and somehow have a copy of the playbook. I'm truly in awe and gobsmacked at times. I've been critical of Linnehan too but with admission that I know didly squat about play calling. I can watch tape and see what Cooper is saying especially on some of the incompletions. The Dakophobes call out Dak for those and Scottyphobes call out Linnehan but in honesty many of them were just well covered by the DB. Wrong play called for the coverage? I'm just not that football smart although my wife tells me I pretend to be smart about everything. Tell ya what, if pretense and nonsense were offense and defense we would have a Lombardi christmas

Last edited: