Amazing how far some Romo haters will go.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Here is the thoughts on the Dallas-NY game from zone member "CowboyBlog"

Notice Romo can put up 345 yards and 5 TDs and yet doesnt get mentioned in a good light at all? Amazing.

http://cowboyblog.com/2007/09/09/cowboys-win/

What a great night for the Dallas Cowboys and Cowboy fans all over the world. It seemed like the odds were stacking against us all week and even right up until kickoff with all the injury news. Other than allowing the Giants to put up 35 pts on a shakey secondary, it wouldn’t matter. What we saw tonight was a perfectly called offensive game plan. For the first time in a long time, I finally felt like our Cowboys were outsmarting their opponent.
Other than Jason Witten, the offense started really slow. This is where I would point out that the sign of a good team is when you can score points when you are not playing your best. This was customary with the early 1990’s dynasty Cowboys. Romo started off looking like crap, but would finish the night leading the NFL in passing. Even with this, the Cowboys were putting up points like it was a basketball game.

It was nice to see Jason Witten get invited back into the offense. When we use our tight end like we did tonight, our run game will even look good. Witten is a pro-bowler and just might be responsible for the win tonight because he kept us going when romo was struggling.
Our recievers also looked great. Terrell Owens is dominate. He just gets open and scores touchdowns. Other than blocking great, that is about all I saw him do tonight. Without a deep threat QB, Patrick Crayton served the offense very well in the absence of Terry Glenn. Crayton is big and is a “slasher” on the quick slants.

The offensive line had a few penalties early, but made up for it by totally dominating a decimated N.Y. Giants defensive line in the 2nd half of the game.

Based on his performance tonight, Anthony Spencer looked like he may have a really good rookie season. He got really, really close a bunch of times. With Demarcus Ware on the opposite side getting doubled teamed, Spencer could have some nice stats this year.
I havn’t watched the game film, but here are some negative things I noticed in the game tonight.
  • Fasano was nowhere to be found.
  • Marcus Spears had one tackle tonight while the Giants seem to run at will against him.
  • Julious Jones may have cost the Cowboys some trade value by playing this poorly in a nationally televised game.
  • Romo starts really, really bad. Alot of his early throws were to far off target to even get intercepted.
  • The secondary might still be a problem against big recievers
I’ll take an opening day win over a NFC East division rival in a prime time game however we get it. I dont really want to worry about the negatives right now. I really feel good about our team running the perfect offensive game plan. Like I said in the first paragraph, it seemed like our team outsmarted the Giants tonight.

My vote for MVP is Jason Garrett. Who is yours?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dear CowboyBlog:

If not for Tony Romo, we would have lost that game.

Yours truly,

DallasEast

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
NFC Player of the week

Fed-Ex Player of the week

Carry on...CowboyBlog!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hilarious! He has a poll on his own blog for MVP and Romo's winning it going away! What does his readers know that he doesn't?!? :lmao2:

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
CowboyBlog is an idiot.
He still thinks Henson is a better player.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I sense there are few to no Romo haters.

My sense across the internet is we have a Cowboy nation of BELIEVERS.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Nors;1645549 said:
I sense there are few to no Romo haters.

My sense across the internet is we have a Cowboy nation of BELIEVERS.

What's not to believe? When we all got to see QBong, Hutch, Henson, Leaf...:eek:

Romo is tough customer...!

CowboyBlog

Reaction score
BigDFan5;1645506 said:
Here is the thoughts on the Dallas-NY game from zone member "CowboyBlog"

Notice Romo can put up 345 yards and 5 TDs and yet doesnt get mentioned in a good light at all? Amazing.

What a great night for the Dallas Cowboys and Cowboy fans all over the world. It seemed like the odds were stacking against us all week and even right up until kickoff with all the injury news. Other than allowing the Giants to put up 35 pts on a shakey secondary, it wouldn’t matter. What we saw tonight was a perfectly called offensive game plan. For the first time in a long time, I finally felt like our Cowboys were outsmarting their opponent.
Other than Jason Witten, the offense started really slow. This is where I would point out that the sign of a good team is when you can score points when you are not playing your best. This was customary with the early 1990’s dynasty Cowboys. Romo started off looking like crap, but would finish the night leading the NFL in passing. Even with this, the Cowboys were putting up points like it was a basketball game.

It was nice to see Jason Witten get invited back into the offense. When we use our tight end like we did tonight, our run game will even look good. Witten is a pro-bowler and just might be responsible for the win tonight because he kept us going when romo was struggling.
Our recievers also looked great. Terrell Owens is dominate. He just gets open and scores touchdowns. Other than blocking great, that is about all I saw him do tonight. Without a deep threat QB, Patrick Crayton served the offense very well in the absence of Terry Glenn. Crayton is big and is a “slasher” on the quick slants.

The offensive line had a few penalties early, but made up for it by totally dominating a decimated N.Y. Giants defensive line in the 2nd half of the game.

Based on his performance tonight, Anthony Spencer looked like he may have a really good rookie season. He got really, really close a bunch of times. With Demarcus Ware on the opposite side getting doubled teamed, Spencer could have some nice stats this year.
I havn’t watched the game film, but here are some negative things I noticed in the game tonight.
  • Fasano was nowhere to be found.
  • Marcus Spears had one tackle tonight while the Giants seem to run at will against him.
  • Julious Jones may have cost the Cowboys some trade value by playing this poorly in a nationally televised game.
  • Romo starts really, really bad. Alot of his early throws were to far off target to even get intercepted.
  • The secondary might still be a problem against big recievers
I’ll take an opening day win over a NFC East division rival in a prime time game however we get it. I dont really want to worry about the negatives right now. I really feel good about our team running the perfect offensive game plan. Like I said in the first paragraph, it seemed like our team outsmarted the Giants tonight.

My vote for MVP is Jason Garrett. Who is yours?

Thank you for your kind words.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
What am I missing here guys? Is there some past history with CowboyBlog that suggests he hates Romo?

I see nothing in this post that suggests that. Romo did start out the night badly. I think he was 4 for his first 9 and a few of the misses weren't even close. I remember commenting to my wife while watching the game that Romo was off to a rough start.

Now he played great after that. But CowboyBlog acknowledges that he ended up leading the league in passing.

CowboyBlog

Reaction score
LeonDixson;1645588 said:
What am I missing here guys? Is there some past history with CowboyBlog that suggests he hates Romo?

I see nothing in this post that suggests that. Romo did start out the night badly. I think he was 4 for his first 9 and a few of the misses weren't even close. I remember commenting to my wife while watching the game that Romo was off to a rough start.

Now he played great after that. But CowboyBlog acknowledges that he ended up leading the league in passing.

Yes, I have been one of Romo's biggest critics. He started off really bad, but the Cowboys kept moving ball. Romo finished the game great, as I also posted in my blog.

I still think that Garrett did an excellent job with the playcalling. We have had QBs play good in the past, we have not had that big of an advantage in playcalling in a long time.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

My goodness! :eek::

The blog's webpage has been edited with this message:

EDIT: Thanks for the link from the idiot poster at the Cowboys Forum. Thank you for reading! Keep coming back.

--and the poll has been altered to show that "CowboyBlog.com" is leading the CowboyBlog.com MVP of the Game with 32 votes and Romo with zero votes. He stripped Romo of ALL votes! Incredible.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboyBlog;1645579 said:
Thank you for your kind words.

LeonDixson;1645588 said:

CowboyBlog;1645591 said:
been saying it since last year.

People hate me because I write the unpopular, but more and more people are coming out and telling the truth about romo.

He just doesn't have it. He is a weakness on our team.

:lmao2:

CowboyBlog

Reaction score
DallasEast;1645597 said:

My goodness! :eek::

The blog's webpage has been edited with this message:

EDIT: Thanks for the link from the idiot poster at the Cowboys Forum. Thank you for reading! Keep coming back.

--and the poll has been altered to show that "CowboyBlog.com" is leading the CowboyBlog.com MVP of the Game with 32 votes and Romo with zero votes. He stripped Romo of ALL votes! Incredible.

It was always like that. HA HA

I had 15 votes in the last few minutes from this board. I changed it for this board and placed in the edit as a thank you.

I have alot of other post worth linking as well:

Commanders

Cheerleaders

sago1

Reaction score
By the way does anybody know if Romo was off or was TO simply not where he should have been. Some forget that this was somewhat of a new offense -- particularly it is a timing offense -- and relies a lot on the communication between the QB and the WR and the WR being where he is supposed to be. Just wondering if all those misses should be attributable to Romo or where both a little out of sync in the season opener.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CowboyBlog;1645603 said:
It was always like that. HA HA
Serious question. Why start a poll for public opinion if you're going to simply change the results to suit your point-of-view?

Not so serious question. Are you Art?

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
LeonDixson;1645588 said:

Leon let me direct you to these threads started by this "fan"

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77302&highlight=romo

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77329&highlight=romo

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68535&highlight=romo.

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68302&highlight=romo

or some of these posts

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1618115&highlight=Romo#post1618115

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1455921&postcount=41

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1475165&highlight=Romo#post1475165

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1474757&highlight=Romo#post1474757

There are MANY MANY more of these just check his history