Not open for further replies.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Two words: Joey Bosa.
Two more: Myles Jack.
Two more: Jaylon Smith.
Two more: Jon Lotulelei.

Joey Bosa was the DRotY and BB didn't have him in his top 15. He justified it by the shallowest of shallow good not great analysis.
Myles Jack was the highest rated player on his board and after disappointing rookie year, he is an adequate LB at best.
Jaylon Smith was likely to never play according to BB then he was not going to be ready for TC, then he was unlikely to be ready for the season, and then he wasn't going to be able to play more than 20 or so snaps.
Jon Lotulelei was supposed to have an inside track for a roster spot after minicamps yet did not even make the 3rd preseason game.

That is just off the top of my head. @xwalker and others can expound on his BS better than I.

What BB does is he makes people feel comfortable and plays unthreatening. He does it by repeatedly telling us that he is not that smart typically with a comment about his LSU education or admit that he failed as a scout. He speaks at a very simple level avoiding multisyllables like the plague. He then flatters the people he is interacting with constantly.

It is an absolute con in the truest sense of the word: he gains people's trust by lying to them. He claims that he is not that smart and humble yet he will sit there and argue a point as if he is disrespected any time someone disagrees with his takes. He milks that he was a former scout to the nth degree as he is introduced as a scout or by the title of the articles that Helman has to write for him. It's a con demonstrated through action.

If you like him then great; a lot of other people do too, but I for one do not buy what he is selling for what I feel are very good reason.
:hammer::hammer::hammer:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I said he makes a lot of points that are 100% on the money. That's very different from saying he's 100% accurate in everything he says.

You want me to wade through your machiavellian consipiracy spin. You draw presumptive conclusions you cannot prove through observation of a specific incident. The incident might be correct, it doesn't mean the conclusion is also. Then with spin typical of people whom are utterly convinced of their opinion you use language like "they always/constantly/repeatedly do this" so as to drum it in. I don't 'constantly' hear him mention pretty much any of the things you say he constantly does. Maybe we have different definitions of the word constantly. I therefore can't argue your points, because they are not really provable statements that I can argue without it going round and round in circles. I've seen enough of these types of arguments on the web based on presumptive statements to know that it becomes a circular argument that doesn't ever go anywhere. Unlike a true football related argument, there aren't really any stats to reference to provide a baseline either.

The only point worth harping on is that there is plenty of value in the information that Broaddus provides that is correct and true, which you seem to want to ignore. In my opinion it significantly outweighs what he contributes that is incorrect or out of line.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. The issue is that his information is unreliable "for the most part." He is no more consistent than people around here in his evaluations. I don't see the point.

And you have not heard him say that he is not that smart and talk about his LSU education disparagingly? You just not paying attention? Frankly I don't see you talking about any of his actual takes. You speak of him obliquely and in generalities mostly to prop him up. What am I supposed to do? Slog through TC until he says it and time stamp it for you?

You don't even really argue that he does it. Instead you take issue with the frequency with which he says it. And who said it was a conspiracy? He does it out in the open. You cannot even address that directly and instead talk around it.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. The issue is that his information is unreliable "for the most part." He is no more consistent than people around here in his evaluations. I don't see the point.

And you have not heard him say that he is not that smart and talk about his LSU education disparagingly? You just not paying attention? Frankly I don't see you talking about any of his actual takes. You speak of him obliquely and in generalities mostly to prop him up. What am I supposed to do? Slog through TC until he says it and time stamp it for you?

You don't even really argue that he does it. Instead you take issue with the frequency with which he says it. And who said it was a conspiracy? He does it out in the open. You cannot even address that directly and instead talk around it.
BB describes himself as a "failed scout".

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I said he makes a lot of points that are 100% on the money. That's very different from saying he's 100% accurate in everything he says.

You want me to wade through your machiavellian consipiracy spin. You draw presumptive conclusions you cannot prove through observation of a specific incident. The incident might be correct, it doesn't mean the conclusion is also. Then with spin typical of people whom are utterly convinced of their opinion you use language like "they always/constantly/repeatedly do this" so as to drum it in. I don't 'constantly' hear him mention pretty much any of the things you say he constantly does. Maybe we have different definitions of the word constantly. I therefore can't argue your points, because they are not really provable statements that I can argue without it going round and round in circles. I've seen enough of these types of arguments on the web based on presumptive statements to know that it becomes a circular argument that doesn't ever go anywhere. Unlike a true football related argument, there aren't really any stats to reference to provide a baseline either.

The only point worth harping on is that there is plenty of value in the information that Broaddus provides that is correct and true, which you seem to want to ignore. In my opinion it significantly outweighs what he contributes that is incorrect or out of line.

I does not appear that you've paid close attention and only go by sound bites.

He has joked about LSU's low academic standards.

It's common knowledge knowledge that Helman basically writes the articles for him because Broaddus struggles with writing.

He has been wrong at an incredibly high rate.

Every year he will pump up or degrade certain players because he had previously predicted they would be great or terrible.

If he liked a draft pick, then he will constantly report about how great that player is doing in the offsesson prior to the preseason games or if he disliked a draft pick he reports that they're struggling. Once we actually see the player it's often obvious that he was completely wrong.

He once reported that Darrion Weems would be the next swing Tackle and continued to praise him throughout that training camp. He said Jermey Parnell was terrible and would be cut. He even said that Parnell was terrible the previous preseason which was impossible because he missed that preseason with an injury.

Weems was active 1 game in has career after that and Parnell ended up with a 32 million dollar contract.

He posted here back then and I pointed out the issue about Parnell missing that preseason where Broddas claimed he had been terrible. He got really angry.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I does not appear that you've paid close attention and only go by sound bites.

He has joked about LSU's low academic standards.

It's common knowledge knowledge that Helman basically writes the articles for him because Broaddus struggles with writing.

He has been wrong at an incredibly high rate.

Every year he will pump up or degrade certain players because he had previously predicted they would be great or terrible.

If he liked a draft pick, then he will constantly report about how great that player is doing in the offsesson prior to the preseason games or if he disliked a draft pick he reports that they're struggling. Once we actually see the player it's often obvious that he was completely wrong.

He once reported that Darrion Weems would be the next swing Tackle and continued to praise him throughout that training camp. He said Jermey Parnell was terrible and would be cut. He even said that Parnell was terrible the previous preseason which was impossible because he missed that preseason with an injury.

Weems was active 1 game in has career after that and Parnell ended up with a 32 million dollar contract.

He posted here back then and I pointed out the issue about Parnell missing that preseason where Broddas claimed he had been terrible. He got really angry.

He doesn't even have sound bites. We have named 7 or so examples of him being flat wrong and he cannot even come up with one example of success particularly something that was not part of conventional wisdom.

Them

Reaction score
...I liked the old "Talking Cowboys" show better than the latest format...Nate "Football" Newton's battles with Mickey were entertaining....Brian can go back and try to scout for the iggles for all I care!...Amber LOL....Wasn't there recently a topic about getting rid of Taylor Stern too...??

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He doesn't even have sound bites. We have named 7 or so examples of him being flat wrong and he cannot even come up with one example of success particularly something that was not part of conventional wisdom.
PFF and Broaddus remind me of the old quote:

"There's a sucker born every minute"

-Incorrectly attributed to P. T. Barnum

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
i don’t dont mind ámbar lol but she is horrible. yesterday derek was asking what is most likely to happen inorder for dallas to lose?

1. dallas not running ball effectively
2. dallas secondary giving up big plays

for some reason she just seemed lost. mentioned offensive line would impact running and passing. lol

it’s whatev tho. not a big deal. but she is bad

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
i don’t dont mind ámbar lol but she is horrible. yesterday derek was asking what is most likely to happen inorder for dallas to lose?

for some reason she just seemed lost. mentioned offensive line would impact running and passing. lol

She's probably been reading this thread.

Keep up the good work Ambar!

You'll do fine. :thumbup:

We all have bad days :grin:

TheHerd

Reaction score
Scratching my head trying to figure out what you are saying here. Broaddus may present his information in an unpalatable way, but for the most part his analysis is 100% on point. As far as I'm concerned that is the number one thing you want for any radio show discussing any specific topic. The idea that he shouldn't get a pass for language skills and knowledge, which should be by far and away the most important skills for someone on radio makes little sense to me.

It would be great if they could get hosts with Broaddus' language skills and knowledge without the self important delivery (Dane Brugler as I mentioned earlier in the thread would be great), but he's the best they've got at this point by a long way.

Brugler would be game over, mic drop. But he wouldn't last 2 shows dealing with Mick.

shabazz

Reaction score

Micro-aggression

plasticman

Reaction score
Men martyring their gender is so rich in vitamin I. Frankly you should take it up with the NFL because they have been trying extremely hard to court women to their audience for 5 years now.

The loss of privilege is often mistaken for oppression. Respecting others and their wishes as well as empathy is not an issue of political correctness; it's called being civilized. A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it the superficial appearance of being right.
You are right, of course. I just wish you''d said it in a way I could understand.

You know, it's good guys like you that make us jerks look like jerks.

My girlfriend is watching her favorite show on TV, I'm gonna go make her some cheese dip. I'd go tell her but I'm not allowed to speak during her favorite show.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You are right, of course. I just wish you''d said it in a way I could understand.

You know, it's good guys like you that make us jerks look like jerks.

My girlfriend is watching her favorite show on TV, I'm gonna go make her some cheese dip. I'd go tell her but I'm not allowed to speak during her favorite show.

Seems you have a problem with resorting to extremes and mutual respect is a concept that you find difficult.

plasticman

Reaction score
Fuzzy Lumpkins,

Seems you have a problem with my style of humor. Sorry I had hoped that you were familiar enough with my posts to realize that I am a respectfull person.

I was just trying to lighten up the conversation by assuming the role of paranoid fanatical NFL fan threatened by the changing times.

Perhaps , in some ways I am just a little like that, I believe we all may be a lirtle unsettled by all the recent contoversies and how it may actually effect our team....some where deep inside....

....Of couese, not in an extreme chauvinistic way that I described.

Sorry, I really didn't mean to offend anyone. I'm not a bad guy. There is a reasonable percentage of people who actually tolerate me.

shabazz

Reaction score
Fuzzy Lumpkins,

Seems you have a problem with my style of humor. Sorry I had hoped that you were familiar enough with my posts to realize that I am a respectfull person.

I was just trying to lighten up the conversation by assuming the role of paranoid fanatical NFL fan threatened by the changing times.

Perhaps , in some ways I am just a little like that, I believe we all may be a lirtle unsettled by all the recent contoversies and how it may actually effect our team....some where deep inside....

....Of couese, not in an extreme chauvinistic way that I described.

Sorry, I really didn't mean to offend anyone. I'm not a bad guy. There is a reasonable percentage of people who actually tolerate me.

Fear not my son, simply attend "Menopause, the musical", read 6 chapters of Saul Alinsky, and 3 weekends of charity work at Planned Parenthood and your sins will be forgiven. Now go forth and commit no further Micro- aggressions

Status
Not open for further replies.