Ambar Garcia needs to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I have yet to see a thread calling for Broaddus' job. It's a matter of degree and threshold.

I find that very difficult to believe. I'm certain that at a minimum, you've seen multiple post that say he should be fired, in the past. Be this as it may, what does that have to do with anything? People are free to post about anything that is within guidelines. It's one person's opinion.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I find that very difficult to believe. I'm certain that at a minimum, you've seen multiple post that say he should be fired, in the past. Be this as it may, what does that have to do with anything? People are free to post about anything that is within guidelines. It's one person's opinion.

What does guidelines have to do with anything. I made that comment and a tongue in cheek thread was made. People criticize Broaddus regularly as well as Mickey etc. The difference is people don't call for their jobs.

Every woman that has been on those shows has had people making threads calling for her job. It's called unequal treatment. It's individual opinion that people are entitled to but that doesn't mean it doesn't indicate bias.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
What does guidelines have to do with anything. I made that comment and a tongue in cheek thread was made. People criticize Broaddus regularly as well as Mickey etc. The difference is people don't call for their jobs.

Every woman that has been on those shows has had people making threads calling for her job. It's called unequal treatment. It's individual opinion that people are entitled to but that doesn't mean it doesn't indicate bias.

Yeah, that's just not true. I see call outs for their jobs all the time. I don't care if their women, men, whatever. Somebody is always going to be calling for somebodies job. That's just the truth of it.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Not every woman. At least, I don't remember Lindsey Draper getting criticized like Amber and Taylor have been. There was also a woman who's name I don't remember a few years back who really knew her stuff and who was bright that moved away to get married, IIRC. She didn't catch much flak. And it's maybe unrelated, but Kristie Scales is an example of a woman involved with the local Cowboys coverage who's pretty much universally well-liked.

It's got a lot less to do with them being women and more to do with them being inarticulate and largely ignorant about the game.

It's also worth nothing that Talor Stern gets less criticism now that she's learned a lot more about what she's talking about. She's still a bit rough to listen too when she meanders a few sentences too long about something obvious that everybody already understands, but she's gotten to a point where it's no different listening to her wander a bit than it is listening to Broaddus bloviate or Mickey truculently pretend he doesn't understand whatever basic question somebody asks him.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It's also worth nothing that Talor Stern gets less criticism now that she's learned a lot more about what she's talking about. She's still a bit rough to listen too when she meanders a few sentences too long about something obvious that everybody already understands, but she's gotten to a point where it's no different listening to her wander a bit than it is listening to Broaddus bloviate or Mickey truculently pretend he doesn't understand whatever basic question somebody asks him.

This. To me, this is exactly right. Finger directly on the Button here Idgit.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Not every woman. At least, I don't remember Lindsey Draper getting criticized like Amber and Taylor have been. There was also a woman who's name I don't remember a few years back who really knew her stuff and who was bright that moved away to get married, IIRC. She didn't catch much flak. And it's maybe unrelated, but Kristie Scales is an example of a woman involved with the local Cowboys coverage who's pretty much universally well-liked.

It's got a lot less to do with them being women and more to do with them being inarticulate and largely ignorant about the game.

I don't recall it from Sunni the cheerleader either but neither her nor Draper did much other than read something someone else wrote unless someone from the show pressed them.

And of course women can win people over if they are talented. My point is that men receive the benefit of the doubt whereas when a woman is speaking her own mind on those shows, they are villified until proven different. Women in comedy had to deal with the same thing.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't recall it from Sunni the cheerleader either but neither her nor Draper did much other than read something someone else wrote unless someone from the show pressed them.

And of course women can win people over if they are talented. My point is that men receive the benefit of the doubt whereas when a woman is speaking her own mind on those shows, they are villified until proven different. Women in comedy had to deal with the same thing.

I won't debate that it's harder for women and that they don't get the benefit of the doubt--especially in a male-dominated pastime like football. It's really only an issue, though, because they want a woman and they want an hispanic viewpoint on the shows and they apparently didn't have the option of having both of those things and someone who knew what she was talking about out of the box. A guy who was mostly-clueless about the game wouldn't even get a shot, no matter how hot he was. And if he did, he'd get savaged by hard core fans, too.

Actually...I take that last part back. That dude with the beard who's on Hangin' with the Boys is sort of an idiot, too, and nobody complains about him, do they? He bugged me a bit at first, even though that show was barely listenable and wasn't really about football anyway. But now they're trying to make it more topical, and he still sucks and nobody really has brought it up yet, unless I've missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.