American Idol 2007

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
In my opinion, they all were boring tonight. The worst night of this show in 6 years by far. No one was original. Yuck.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
I have only been watching for 4 years now but I agree if the woman arent better tomarrow I prolly wont be watching long...

I dont even think the woman are as good looking as in the past

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
Bo Bice was my favorite Idol to date and I havent seen anyone since that could carry his luggage

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Cowboy Junkie;1385273 said:
Bo Bice was my favorite Idol to date and I havent seen anyone since that could carry his luggage
Being a country fan Carrie is my favorite, but he was the best performer of any of them...ever.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
Hostile;1385281 said:
Being a country fan Carrie is my favorite, but he was the best performer of any of them...ever.

I am not a country fan but I did enjoy Carrie as she is very talented and the best looking Idol I have seen to boot..

When her and Bo competed that year I thought that Bo looked like the season vet and she seemed to me raw with oodles of potential.

She has really done well for herself....

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
...like the fact that one guy sang that Keane song.

Considering all the "cookie cutter" tunes that have been rehashed over and over again on that show it was nice to see another style of tune being presented.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Is it just me or does the Indian kid look like the guy from Nacho Libre?

nacholibre17.jpg
19489.jpg

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
Ahhh ohhhh, I think that Sundance Head guy is destined to be our next failed D-lineman.

From his bio:
Most embarrassing moments?
One time in a football game in high school I went to the bathroom in my uniform in the middle of the game-they were white pants.

:eek::

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Taps-n-1;1385842 said:
Ahhh ohhhh, I think that Sundance Head guy is destined to be our next failed D-lineman.

From his bio:

:eek::

Maybe he is related to Willie Blade?

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Taps-n-1;1385773 said:
What song was that, I must of missed it?

...to check out.

The first is one of their better live versions, but be aware that it was taken with someone's HandyCam so the sound quality is going to be poor.

The following one is the polished video version.

IMO, it will take a more unique personality who can blend interesting song choices with good looks and a good voice.

In all the Idol seasons no one has brought the house down like Bice's accapella song in the lone spotlight.

He lost to Underwood because she translates better on TV. She's better looking and her voice is good.

Mr. Soul Patrol was last year's Bice, but unlike Bice he wasn't so scary looking for mainstream America.

Songs like this Keane one are unusual in that their overall sound is abit different than what plays on regular pop playlists from the 70's. 80's and so on.

This contestant who sang the Keane song should consider singing tunes from other lesser spun Idol playlist acts such as Robbie Williams, RadioHead, Elvis Costello and see how he stands out fromt he crowd.

If I was the girls I would try a Corrine Bailey Rae tune for something contemporary, but different sounding.

If you look at the most poignant comment made by the judges yesterday, Cowell's critique of the Keane cover was that it wasn't the best vocal he had heard, but for the night he felt it was the best performance.

I'm getting the feeling that after five seasons (?) of Idol the judges are tired of being slapped with the old stale fish of Karaoke covers. Something unique and new is the key.

That means long haired caucasians have to try not to be the next David Lee Roth, big black men don't stand in front of the Luther Vandross line up and black girls are morphing into the next Beyonce.

Just my op.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
...I wasn't aware that certain content was off limits.

I guess if the question I responded to about the Keane song is still valid that forum member can search the net for the Keane song, "Somewhere Only We Know."

Sorry for the problems.

CoCo

Reaction score
Agreed that last night was horrid. I really only watched last year semi-faithfully, mildly aware of previous year winners.

But I had a hard time thinking any of the folks last night could break the top 6 - 10 of last year. Maybe thats unfair. I just thought on a night when they were free to make their own choices that most showed significant weaknesses that will make their performances downright embarrassing should they be unlucky enough to advance and be subject to closer examination. I thought it was telling that the guy who'd been cut like 5 other times made it through to Hollywood this year.

They'll probably be some that surprise me though.

LittleRed212

Reaction score
I will be the first to admit that I have NEVER watched American Idol...seriously.

But I guess I got caught up in the hype of it all this season only because I kept getting text messages from my friend telling me to tune in to watch some of the "lesser" hopefuls audition.

Last night was boring. None of them stood out to me as far as their performance or their vocals.

But this guy stood out to me for other reasons, if we're speaking about translating well to television. I have a feeling lots of my female companions will go ga-ga over this boy. ;)

19414.jpg

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
LittleRed212;1386382 said:
I will be the first to admit that I have NEVER watched American Idol...seriously.

But I guess I got caught up in the hype of it all this season only because I kept getting text messages from my friend telling me to tune in to watch some of the "lesser" hopefuls audition.

Last night was boring. None of them stood out to me as far as their performance or their vocals.

But this guy stood out to me for other reasons, if we're speaking about translating well to television. I have a feeling lots of my female companions will go ga-ga over this boy. ;)

19414.jpg
Which boy?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I have to tell you guys, my wife watches this show.....Its on in the background...

I have no idea how anyone watches this stuff..

I mean last night..a barefoot guy bouncing around, looked like he was rapping if you had the sound off, but he was singing wham's careless whisper?

I mean seriously. How does anyone watch this?

VA Cowboy

Benched
Reaction score
I think this year the winner will be better than last year's.

Taylor Hicks is the worst Idol winner yet.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Chris, Blake, and Phil were by far the best 3 last night. Everyone else was pretty bad.

Clay Aiken is the best singer the show has ever had, probably by a wide margin.

Chris Daughtry is the only one whose CD I probably wouldn't hate listening to.