American Idol season 14

JDSmith

Reaction score
basically, once a coach keeps them on a team. But, the fans do vote when it gets to live shows.

So if someone makes it onto one of these shows do they work with the coach from that team the whole time? Or do they just tell you what genre they want you to sing in and then have you go choose, learn and practice it on your own?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So if someone makes it onto one of these shows do they work with the coach from that team the whole time? Or do they just tell you what genre they want you to sing in and then have you go choose, learn and practice it on your own?

not sure really, Kristie prob knows though.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
What about The Voice? I'm thinking about having my daughter audition for that one, at least she's mentioned it to me. Is it the same format as AI?

These shows are meant to gain an artist exposure.

If your daughter is doing local gigs and getting rave reviews but can't catch a record deal than this would be the best format.
The Voice is for professionals. People who do this for a living or have worked at it all their life.

AI is more of an amateur comp but it is a pop deal where the winner is just stylized to death and meant to capture america's attention for a few months.

Signing voice is important but very few great voices truly last. It is about a package thy can sell.
And any artist touring has to be able to pull off a show when the voice is at 50-60%.

Great voices sing once a week at Church.
Selling artists are performers.

I went to high school with a guy whose made it a couple rounds deep on these shows a few times: X-Factor and The Voice.
He's been doing local or area touring for 10 years.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
The 15th season is going to be the final season according to Fox. Not surprised one bit. The show had a great run but I knew once it started going to one episode a week it was on it's way out.

kristie

Reaction score
The 15th season is going to be the final season according to Fox. Not surprised one bit. The show had a great run but I knew once it started going to one episode a week it was on it's way out.

i wasn't either. i mean, i was sad but not surprised.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
about time that it is over. They lost their luster a few years ago. They got stale and repetitive with boring themes and horrible judges.

Jacobz

Reaction score
i read somewhere like yesterday that the producers are canceling the show ( correct me if I'm wrong) lol

yimyammer

Reaction score
My question is a spoiled put in white text below, highlight to read:

How does Nick beat out Clark?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My question is a spoiled put in white text below, highlight to read:

How does Nick beat out Clark?

Who cares at this point? I knew it was a crock when Jax got beat out by both :(

This show can't end soon enough................

yimyammer

Reaction score
Who cares at this point? I knew it was a crock when Jax got beat out by both :(

This show can't end soon enough................

lol, good point, I quit watching once it got down to 12 but I was never impressed with Nick, thought Clark was a slam dunk but what do I know?