American Idol

Avaj

Peace Be Still
Reaction score
Does anyone watch the good, bad and the ugly? It starts tonight. No Paula this year instead Ellen Degeneres. This is Simon last year doing American Idol too as he announced it yesterday.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I can't wait for that show to go away. Thank goodness Simon is leaving. I can't wait to see what washed up has-been they bring in in a last ditch attempt to replace him.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Avaj;3224385 said:
Does anyone watch the good, bad and the ugly? It starts tonight. No Paula this year instead Ellen Degeneres. This is Simon last year doing American Idol too as he announced it yesterday.

Hoe is Ellen an upgrade at least Paula you try to gauge how drunk she was on a 1-10 scale

kmp77

Reaction score
I'll watch a few episodes until it gets on my nerves. Tonight's favorite moment was that girl who couldn't sing, but looked good. And when she left Randy's mouth dropped when he looked at her booty. And Beckham did the round booty hand motion. Then Randy was like, "...on second thought."

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I like American Idol. We usually watch it with just the parents while they are auditioning and with the kids once they get to Hollywood. My kids love it and it is much more entertaining that Dora the Explorer and Wow Wow Wubbzy.

I really liked Paula though. Getting to see her weekly babbling sessions is what made the show entertaining for me.

Not many stand out performances last night, but the Hispanic gal (forget her name), the guy that looked like a seventies drug addict and the the guy that beat cancer were all pretty good.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
It's a good show for anyone that likes music. They place too much emphasis on the bad singers early on, though. I know lots of people get a kick out of that, but its just annoying.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I watch the first few shows every year, usually, to see who gets to Hollywood and what kind of crop of talent they get going there. Then I never get around to watching anymore of it.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
My daughter is into it and I watch it with her, especially the early auditions because some of the stuff people do is just crazy.

I don't pay much attention to it if I can get away with it but my daughter wants me to watch it with her so I do.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
theogt;3225234 said:
It's a good show for anyone that likes music. They place too much emphasis on the bad singers early on, though. I know lots of people get a kick out of that, but its just annoying.

This.

I typically only watch it when they start to limit the contestants to the ones who can actually sing, like the ending stages of Hollywood week and after.

ethiostar

Reaction score
theogt;3225234 said:

My wife like the show so i watch it every now and then but the early stages are definitely my favorite part of the show. It's just funny to me.

kristie

Reaction score
i watched it last night & tonight. i have a feeling that this season is going to be better then last season. i also think that simon just might change his mind & end up staying. i know that it might take one heck of a deal to get him to stay.

kristie

Reaction score
Joe Rod;3225146 said:
I like American Idol. We usually watch it with just the parents while they are auditioning and with the kids once they get to Hollywood. My kids love it and it is much more entertaining that Dora the Explorer and Wow Wow Wubbzy.

I really liked Paula though. Getting to see her weekly babbling sessions is what made the show entertaining for me.

Not many stand out performances last night, but the Hispanic gal (forget her name), the guy that looked like a seventies drug addict and the the guy that beat cancer were all pretty good.

i think her name was ashley if that's who you're refering to.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
TheCount;3224389 said:
I can't wait for that show to go away. Thank goodness Simon is leaving. I can't wait to see what washed up has-been they bring in in a last ditch attempt to replace him.

Amen.

Who can even name half the winners of this show?

This show is disgusting.

R.I.P American Idol.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
theogt;3225234 said:

Are you serious?

The **** that comes from this show is anything but music.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
I can proudly say I've seen 0 episodes. Plan on keeping it that way too. Just more reality TV garbage, Deadliest Catch excepted of course.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;3226970 said:
I can proudly say I've seen 0 episodes. Plan on keeping it that way too. Just more reality TV garbage, Deadliest Catch excepted of course.

Damn straight.......crab fishing ain't nothing to play with!

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
theogt;3225234 said:

I respectfully disagree. It's a terrible show for people who actually like music, and even worse for people that love music. Every now and then you'll get a unique talent like Fantasia, but that's obviously very very rare.