America's Got Talent

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Anybody else watch this? I'm not one for much reality television but there has always been something about this show that has drawn me in. Interesting to see all these talents and acts that people do in their free time. Some good, some terrible, and some downright laughable.

Anyways, I think I missed the last season or two but I'm going to catch this one. Not sure how I feel about Tyra Banks as the host though so far. I don't have a problem with her but she just seems to lack that good host vibe. Maybe she will grow on me.

Anyways..................I would say so far that my favorite act is Shin Lim. He has an amazing talent and I think he is going to go far in the contest.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anybody else watch this? I'm not one for much reality television but there has always been something about this show that has drawn me in. Interesting to see all these talents and acts that people do in their free time. Some good, some terrible, and some downright laughable.

Anyways, I think I missed the last season or two but I'm going to catch this one. Not sure how I feel about Tyra Banks as the host though so far. I don't have a problem with her but she just seems to lack that good host vibe. Maybe she will grow on me.

Anyways..................I would say so far that my favorite act is Shin Lim. He has an amazing talent and I think he is going to go far in the contest.

Don't watch much, but I did see this guy last week. He's good.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I didn't realize the new season had started. Tyra isn't great, but she's not bad. I wasn't a fan of Nick Cannon anyway, so the change doesn't bother me.

9darter

Reaction score
Will check it out. Have been watching Britain's Got Talent because of judge Alesha Dixon - total hottie and even a sweet personality it seems ;)

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
I don't have TV but seen some on you tube trust me this show and others are staged .

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't have TV but seen some on you tube trust me this show and others are staged .
Staged? If you mean the winner is preselected, I wouldn't say it's impossible, but other than that, I don't know what you mean.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Staged? If you mean the winner is preselected, I wouldn't say it's impossible, but other than that, I don't know what you mean.
They choose based on what they think will get a better reaction the will spice up stories here and there.
To them it is a marketing tool.I don't buy the notion that these shows are spontaneous.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's nothing real about reality TV but that guy is great. I finally realized it was the Queen of Spades at the end.

What net is this show on? I don't usually watch regular TV so I am out of touch with network programs. Most of the excerpts I see are from YouTube.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They choose based on what they think will get a better reaction the will spice up stories here and there.
To them it is a marketing tool.I don't buy the notion that these shows are spontaneous.

Nobody ever suggested AGT was spontaneous. It's a talent competition with screenings and tryouts and rehearsed performances - that's how it works.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There's nothing real about reality TV but that guy is great. I finally realized it was the Queen of Spades at the end.

What net is this show on? I don't usually watch regular TV so I am out of touch with network programs. Most of the excerpts I see are from YouTube.
NBC

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's much more entertaining than you'd expect.

I used to watch with my wife, but then she started watching American Idol and Dancing with the stars too, and it got to be a never ending stream of those kinds of shows so I quit watching any of them. Too big a commitment.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I used to watch with my wife, but then she started watching American Idol and Dancing with the stars too, and it got to be a never ending stream of those kinds of shows so I quit watching any of them. Too big a commitment.
That will make you crazy as well. Next thing you know, you are suggesting you and your wife go get facials, eat some quiche and see Mama Mia II.