Among Cowboys top 30 visits is a highly regarded TE

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I had to post this. For one reason. They talk all the time about how valuable these 30 visits are and how tough it is to determine who gets them. Sanders is generally viewed as the 2nd ranked TE in the class and a 2nd round projection.

I may pass out laughing if we draft him in the 2nd round.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
McKeon is a FA still, so maybe they want to replace him.
There's a guy from PSU that Broaddus say they like or he likes who knows. What about the guy that got hurt last year in practice Stephenson or something

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People shouldn't dismiss this. This isn't a combine or pro day interview. They would not bring Sanders in for a 30 visit unless they were seriously considering drafting him.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
If they draft a TE in round 2, it’s nothing less than an admission that Schoonmaker is an epic bust. But Sanders will be gone before our 2nd pick.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's a guy from PSU that Broaddus say they like or he likes who knows. What about the guy that got hurt last year in practice Stephenson or something
Stephens.
He was looking good until his injury. If he is recovered he easily replaces McKeon, which is why they have not resigned him at this point.
If he was not injured, he would have replaced McKeon last year as well.

The other TE is Fant. But he is more of a tweener of a WR / TE. He could even take some snaps running the ball. Like SF uses Deebo.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Its becoming clear that Brooks is likely the 2nd round target.

-Raw talent with limited playing time but upside(Check)
-Coming off an injury so lower draft stock(Check)

Motorola

Reaction score

I had to post this. For one reason. They talk all the time about how valuable these 30 visits are and how tough it is to determine who gets them. Sanders is generally viewed as the 2nd ranked TE in the class and a 2nd round projection.

McKeon is a FA still, so maybe they want to replace him.
Even though Sanders is rated the 2nd best TE prospect (behind Brock Bowers) - the Cowboys most likely used a "Metropolitan Visit" designated slot to bring him to Frisco - instead of using one of the limited "30 Visit" spots...because he grew up in / played HS football in DFW suburb Denton.

Last edited:

jujoboys

Reaction score

Local players don't count against the Top 30 visits. We can bring in all the local Dallas kids we want. Please read the tweet where it states LOCAL, talented draft prospects.